Chapter 4
176 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While waiting for Yanti and Budi to return from their workplace tour, Terry stays inside the Budi room playing with his phone. While playing with his phone, he can hear a familiar notification sound.

 

Not from his phone but from inside his head.

 

DING
Your daily Sign-In is available. Do you want to sign in?
Y/N

 

Terry casually presses the Y button and sees the panel disappear. A second later, another panel appeared in front of him.

 

Congratulations!
You get a Tinker ‘Computer Speciality’ blueprint

 

“Wait, what? Tinker? What is that? Some kind-”

 

Before he could say anything more, Terry got attacked by the worst headache he had ever experienced. This headache is even worse than the one he got from getting the drawing skill. It lasted for ten seconds, and when it finished, his face was full of sweat even when the room was cold from the AC.

 

“Dammit. That hurts. Urgh.”

 

Terry lies down on the couch while rubbing his forehead as the pain still lingers. While lying down on the couches, he begins to sort out the new knowledge he just got. He just got knowledge. No. It was more of a blueprint that showed step by step how to make many kinds of computers.

 

From your local high-end computer to a supercomputer.

 

This new blueprint is valuable because it tells him how to make it from scratch, which means that he can create a new type of computer hardware that this world has never seen before.

 

“Urgh, can’t this system only give me something that does not make me do work? First the drawing and now this.”

 

The drawing skill he can accept but this. This is a troublesome reward. All of the resources needed to build that computer are too damn hard to find, at least around the area near his house. Not only that, buying that many electronic parts will gather unwanted attention.

 

He wants to keep his status as a jobless man in the neighborhood, after all. This title is the one that lets him have his peace. If he starts buying massive amounts of electronic parts, people will think he will open up an electronic store.

 

“Wait. Or I can sell one of the blueprints to a massive electronics company. Not only can I get a royalty from it, but I also did not need to work getting all the parts and putting them all together.”

 

However, there is one problem. Among those blueprints, there is one that catches Terry’s attention. It was a blueprint of a laptop with specifications that can be compared to a supercomputer a billion dollars company has.

 

A fourteen-inch laptop that can go toe-to-toe against a supercomputer.

 

His tech geek screams at him, saying that he should make it, but his lazy side decides to punch that tech geek right in the face before continuing his sleep.

 

Just like that, the lazy side won, and Terry decided to use his plan. However, his plan had a flaw that he did not like. He needs to search for buyers, and he also needs to explain his blueprint to the company board.

 

“Fuck it. Personal computer, it is.”

 

Just thinking about the troublesome step needed to publish his blueprint makes him shudder. Yeah, he will not do that.

 

“And that is all the work you need to do.”

“I see.”

 

Terry gets up from the couch and sees Yanti and Budi walk inside the room. It looks like they finished the touring, and Budi finished explaining the job to Yanti. By the look of it, she is really excited to do her job.

 

‘Good for her, I guess,’ Terry thought. ‘Two more hours before the raid. Man, I hope they did not spend more minutes chatting.’

 

Lucky for him, the other two truly finished their business here.

 

“I’m sorry to make you wait, Terry, or should I say, boss?”

“Urgh. Just call me Terry. Anyway, are guys finished? I need to attend an online meeting in two hours.”

“Can I ask what kind of meeting?”

“No, can’t do. NDA.”

“Ah. I see.”

 

And Terry technically did not lie. The online meeting he is talking about is inside the game, and the NDA he is talking about is the agreement between guild members never to tell anyone about their guild meeting. While not legally binding, it is still an NDA, in his opinion.

 

“So, are we done?”

“Ah, yes. We are done, sir. Yanti here will start working tomorrow.”

“Good. Also, Yanti.”

“Yes?”

 

Yanti looks at Terry with curious eyes, but it changes when she sees Terry's eyes. His lazy eyes changed into something that she had never seen before. It was like seeing her uncle scolding her for the first time.

 

“While I’m the boss of this place and you are my friend, I expect you to work hard. I will not hesitate to fire you if you think that you can do whatever you want because I place you in this place. No. Treat this as if this is the regular job you get after searching for employment for a year. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir!”

“Good. Now, come on.”

 

Budi looks at the back of a young man in front of him and sighs. It seems like he underestimated Terry once again. While they are touring the building, Budi asks Yanti what his boss is doing to get that much money, and to his surprise, she says that he is a stock market trader and a solo one at that.

 

The only thing that can make an individual a billionaire {Rp} in the stock market is if that someone buys the stock from when that said company is in its budding stage and waits for that said bud to grow into a massive tree and reap the result.

 

To buy this place from a company… Budi shakes his head after thinking about it. Yeah, he knows that it will need a connection and a shit ton amount of money to do it. He did not want to get into the business of wealthy people. That is not a good place to be.

 

5