Chapter 5
171 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terry opened up his eyes and took his phone from the desk to look at the time.

"Urgh. I should not drink that much beer last night."

Last night, Terry decided to buy one beer crate filled with twelve bottles of beer. He chugged five bottles of beer before blacking out. Right now, Terry is in a massive hangover.

"Water…"

He slowly gets up from his bed and walks toward the water dispenser near his computer desk. A few minutes later, and after a few glasses of water, Terry walks to the kitchen to cook some food.

The reason why he got drunk last night is that he cannot make the laptop. The reason? The lack of tools. While the blueprint inside his head shows the precise steps, it cannot be fulfilled without proper tools, and those tools need to be made by him as they did not exist in this world.

Terry thought that Tinker's knowledge would be something that he could do with current tech. Sadly, the Tinker knowledge he got is knowledge from a far future or coming from an alien civilization.

He did not know that and decided to buy some beers to hide the disappointment in his heart. He already bought all the parts needed to make the motherboard.

After a few minutes, Terry finished cooking some omelets for his breakfast. Just an omelet with rice and covered in sweet soy sauce. This is Terry's breakfast item when he has a hangover. It did not cure it, but it is good enough for him to be a semi-functioning human.

When Terry is about to put the food inside his mouth, a familiar blue panel appears in front of him.

DING

"No, not right now."

Terry ignores the blue panel that is kind enough to shrink itself and lets Terry see the food in front of him. After ten minutes of eating and nursing his head, Terry is ready to see the blue panel. When he is ready, the system enlarges the panel for him to see.

Your daily Sign-In is available. Do you want to sign in?
Y/N

"Please. Please, for the love of God. Please don't give me knowledge that can cause massive headaches. If you do that, I will be dead."

Terry begged the system not to give him a headache but seeing that he would not get any answer from the system, he sighed and pressed the Y button.

"Wait. I can just reject the sign-in, right?"

However, it was too late. Terry braced himself for another wave of a headache, but he did not feel anything after waiting for ten seconds and decided to open his eyes.

Congratulations!
You get a 7% share of Gudang Garam company. The document will be sent to your email

"Huh? Gudang Garam? That cigarette company? Seven percent? I guess that is a massive amount. Especially for someone like me."

Gudang Garam company is the second-biggest tobacco manufacturer in Indonesia. Terry knows that seven percent is a big number for a massive company like Gudang Garam. However, Terry did not know that he would get a massive amount of money from the company every year.

He thought that his share was not good enough to get paid every year by the company.

"Meh. It is good enough, I guess."

After signing in, Terry continues to eat his breakfast. For today, he wants to finish his next animation. This time, Terry decided to make a fifteen-minute animation. However, unlike before, Terry decided to make a pure fight animation.

It took him two days of drawing to finish this project. Terry tries to follow a modern way of animation, but it takes longer than his usual animation method. Scan his drawing and then place the picture frame by frame using video editing software.

It sounded too troublesome to some, but it was more simple to do that rather than learning a new way to make an animation.

"First thing first, I need to put away the trash. The trashman will arrive in a few hours."

While Terry collects the trash inside his bedroom, Yanti arrives in front of her house, having just finished working. Because of her new position, she did not get many jobs just yet, and she can get home early for the next two days.

Because of this, Yanti arrived in front of her house at twelve in the afternoon, just in time for her to see Terry get out from his house with a trash bag. Unfortunately, she was also in time to hear a group of middle-aged women that lived in the neighborhood gossiping.

"Look at him. He is wasting his youth by drinking and staying at home. It is really a shame. He is good-looking, but it is really sad that he did not have any job."

"I know, right? I did want to say this, but with that look, he can become a gigolo."

"Shhh. I don't want to get that far, but I think he can work in the bar nearby. I hear they are searching for a server, and one of the specifications needed is a good-looking face."

"Really? It is really a shame. Because of his laziness, he was not willing to search for work even when that work was near his house. Instead of searching for a job, he decided to buy beer and get drunk."

"I wonder where he gets his money from. Do you think he stole them?"

Yanti has enough and decides to get inside her home. She did not want to slap the old woman's face for insulting Terry in front of her face. She knows that those women did not know about technology, but that is too much when they did not know about the stock market.

After tossing her bag on the sofa and sitting down, Yanti looks at the ceiling and releases a tired sigh. While sitting down on the sofa, She then remembered what the woman said.

"Drunk… Did Terry get drunk because the meeting did not go well?"

Yanti remembered how Terry said that he needed to get back home to attend an online meeting quickly. She had only seen Terry get drunk before, and it was when the Stock Market crashed in 2008.

"Does he get late in the meeting because of me?"

Yanti gets even more frustrated thinking about her neighbor. She did not want to see Terry fail because of her.

After a few seconds of thinking about it, she decides to visit her boss, but Yanti goes to the kitchen first before she visits him. She wants to give him something, and it is a tradition to bring something if you're going to visit someone.

"What should I cook first? Hmmm, he said that he likes sweet things. Ugh. That means I cannot cook something sweet as it will take a long time to prepare. Well, I can cook something simple and buy a dessert in the nearby bakery."

With that plan in mind, Yanti began to cook fried chicken, fried sambal, rice, and Tamarind Vegetable Soup. She already has all the ingredients, and the only thing she needs to do is to cook them.

Yanti really hoped that Terry did not eat something before she finished cooking.

 

5