Chapter 6
157 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yanti arrives in front of Terry's house and knocks on the door. After a few seconds of waiting, the door opens up, and Yanti can see Terry open up the door.

"Ah, Yanti. What can I do for you?"

"Have you eaten something, Terry?"

"For lunch? No. I just want to get out and buy something."

"Perfect. Can I get inside?"

"Oh! Sorry about that. Please come in."

Terry let her get inside the house and was glad that he decided to clean the house earlier. After a small party last night, his house looks like an angry gorilla robbed him last night. There is a reason why Terry did not want to get drunk when he went out with friends.

He is a type of drunk that is too hyperactive and too wild.

It is a miracle that Terry is able to go back to his bed while he is drunk. One time he fell asleep while hugging the toilet with his clothes off. It was the day when Terry was able to buy alcohol legally.

Indonesia's legal drinking age is twenty-one, but many markets allow you to buy one or two bottles of beer if you have an ID card that shows you have already reached the age of seventeen.

However, if you want to buy strong alcohol legally, you need it at the age of twenty-one.

So, when he reached the age of twenty-one, Terry decided to buy a rather expensive tequila from an online shop. He purchased three bottles of those, and the next day it was already gone.

"So, what can I do for you, Yanti?"

"Ah, I just came to visit and give you this."

Yanti put down the food container and then opened it. The food container is filled with food, and there is even a dessert.

"And this for?"

"I just want to thank you for giving me the job."

"You don't have to, you know?"

"And I insist on doing so. Truthfully, I don't know if I can get a job immediately when I leave my previous job, but because of you, I have a job now."

"I see. Thank you, Yanti."

"It is my pleasure."

"Wait here. I will move the food and clean the container."

Yanti looks around the room and waits for Terry to get back. Two minutes later, Terry gets back, and he comes with two glasses of orange juice in one hand and the food container in the other.

"Here you go. I know you do not like coffee, so I decided to pour some juice."

Terry places down the glass of juice on the table before saying.

"So, is there anything I can do for you?"

"Hmmm? I can't just visit you?"

"Oh, you can. However, I can see it in your eyes that you want to talk about something."

Yanti stays silent for a few seconds before suddenly saying.

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I'm sorry to make you late for that meeting."

"What are you talking about?"

"You get drunk because you are late to the meeting, right? You must have failed to make a deal, right? The last time you got that drunk was when the Stock Market crashed in 2008."

Terry looked at Yanti, confused about what to say. He can't just say that he got drunk because he got frustrated with not being able to make his dream computer. No. He can't say that. Also, he cannot say that he got drunk in 2008 because he could finally buy a strong drink.

With a heavy heart, Terry decides to… misdirect the truth.

"Yes and no."

Terry thinks for a moment before saying.

"The meeting is about me buying a massive amount of stock."

"Really?"

"Yes. Sadly, I can only buy a part of it, not all of them."

"Can I ask which company it was? And how much? If it was allowed and you were willing to tell me about it."

"Gudang Garam and I can only buy seven percent of it."

Yanti looks at Terry with widened eyes. She knows that the number is not big, but seven percent is still big for a big company like Gudang Garam. She could not imagine how much money he spent on buying that share, and she was not willing to ask him about it.

"I see. How much share is being sold?"

"Ten percent."

"I-I see."

"I was just a little bit late to attend the meeting, and other people were able to get that share. Truthfully, I got so drunk because I was happy to be able to secure that seven percent."

Yanti releases a relieved breath when she hears that. While she is still guilty when she hears that Terry lost three percent, at least he is happy with what he got instead of depressed with what he lost.

"I see. So, you are not mad at me or losing that three percent?"

"Of course not. You did nothing wrong after all."

"I see. Thank you."

After that conversation, both Yanti and Terry have a pleasant conversation. After knowing that Terry is not mad at her, Yanti can now sleep in peace.

~Later that night~

While Terry sleeps on his bed, the video that he just uploaded is blown up once again. This time it was a six minutes animation filled with action. This video is about a fight between two people. One person is using bo staff, and the other is using tonfa.

There is no story other than that the bo staff user comes to challenge the tonfa user to their monthly spar.

The spar started with high-speed hand-to-hand combat before followed by a weapon fight. This lasts for two minutes before they begin to show a supernatural power like using a spell to enchant their body or attack their enemy.

The entire video is so over the top but makes the blood of many people pump.

[Andreas_GGRMN]: Holy shit. That was intense, and the animation is a masterpiece. The only thing I did not like was the sound effect. It was good, mind you, but it can be… more if you know what I mean.

↪ [TAROM 3341]" @Andreas_GGRMN I know what you mean. If the sound effect is better, I will proudly say that this is a 10/10 animation. However, because of the sound effect, I reduced this to 8.7/10 video. It was good, but it was not perfect.

↪ [Varielkah]: I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think the video is excellent. The animation and the sound effect *chef kiss gesture* muah. Perfecto.

↪ [TAROM 3341]: @Varielkah I'm not saying this video is terrible because of the sound effect. I was saying that this video could be a perfect animation if the creator hired a sound editor or at least learned how to make an original sound.

↪ [Hockeyloverz] I know what you mean, mate. However, the creator is not perfect. You can't expect him/her/they to make a perfect animation with an excellent sound effect. Even a high animation production cannot do that.

The comment section blew up at commenting how good the animation is and how Terry makes a perfect fighting animation. Some of them even suggest expanding the fight into a storyline.

Some people even speculate that this fight is a trailer for a new upcoming animation movie that Terry will make.

Sadly for them, it was not. Terry did not have any thought of expanding the story because he was too lazy to think about the story.

3