Chapter 7
253 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terry opens up his eyes and takes his phone from the desk. After seeing the time for a second, he got up and walked toward the bathroom.

Terry washed his face for a minute before walking to the kitchen.

"What should I cook? There is still leftover chicken Yanti gave to me, or should I make a new one?" Terry thinks for a second before nodding his head. "Fried rice for breakfast is good."

Terry decided to make fried rice with shredded chicken on top. After a few minutes of cooking, the food is finished and ready to eat.

Terry placed it on the table and scooped the rice with his spoon. Like always, the system decides to interrupt him by popping in front of him.

DING

"Later"

Just like yesterday, Terry decided to ignore the system for now. After he was done eating and relaxed, he decided to call back the system from the corner of his eyes.

Your daily Sign-In is available. Do you want to sign in?
Y/N

Terry presses the 'Y' button and gets ready in case another headache attacks his head. Seeing there is no headache, Terry opens up his eyes and sees the blue panel in front of him.

Congratulations!
You get a 'Seven Colored Cooking Knife.' Your item will be delivered shortly. Please, don't leave your house.

"A cooking knife? That's it? Well, I guess I can't complain. I get it for free after all."

Terry gets up from his seat and walks toward his bedroom. When he arrives inside his bedroom, he goes to his computer and opens up an online shopping website.

"Hmmm. Camera… Camera… I think this one is good."

Terry wants to buy some cameras and other filming equipment. The reason? He wants to draw in front of the camera and upload it on his youtube channel. Last night, Terry decided to search for a youtube channel of his favorite painter in his previous life, Bob Ross.

To his surprise and horror, there is no Bob Ross channel.

After searching through the internet, he gets the news that the Bob Ross Joy of Painting television program is not published outside the US.

Because of this, Terry decided to make a drawing channel that has the same format as the Joy of Painting.

"And lastly, canvases. Done."

*DING DONG*

Terry looks at his windows when he hears the bell of his house ringing. He then walks to the door and opens it up. When he opens the door, he can see a delivery man holding a small box.

"Good morning. Are you Terry… Hernandes?"

"Yes. That is me."

"You got some package."

"Ah, thank you."

After getting his package, Terry walks to the couch and places the box on the table. A second later, the box already opens up, and he can see a cleaver knife sitting inside the box.

"This is the knife the system promised, huh? It is beautiful."

Just like its name, the knife has seven different colors: red, purple, blue, green, yellow, brown, and gold. There is a carving of an eastern dragon on the knife's handle facing a carving of a tiger on the blade of the knife.

Terry did not like the color scheme, but for some reason, he could not imagine the knife would be as good without the color. He continued to examine the knife for a few seconds before placing it in the knife holder.

"Eh. Even though it is beautiful, it is still a kitchen knife in the end."

If the knife is a sentient being, it will cry and punch Terry in the face. This Seven Colored Cooking Knife is a legendary cooking utensil used by a famous cultivator in the other world. This Cultivator is known as the Gods of Cooking as all of his cooking can boost one cultivation.

Sadly, before this Cultivator could cook his most extraordinary dish yet, he got ambushed by another cultivator from an evil sect. Their target? His rare ingredient. As its owner gets murdered, the system takes the Seven Colored Kitchen Knife and gives it to Terry.

This kitchen knife can make even the most mundane ingredient into a first-class ingredient. Even rotten meat can become the most delicious meat. The knife also makes the food created will have a little Qi infused into the food.

As long as someone eats the food created using this knife, they can break their human limitation.

"Hmmm, what should I do now?"

Terry looks around the house and thinks about what he wants to do. However, before he could do what he wanted, his phone rang.

He takes his phone and sees who is calling him. Terry frowned a little when he saw it was his mother calling him. He takes a deep breath before accepting the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, son."

"What is it, mom?"

"I want to inform you that your father and I will go to Jakarta. Your cousin is willing to give you some work."

"Look, mom. I don't need that work. As I said, I already have work. It was not company work, but it was work nonetheless."

"Shut it. I don't want to hear anything from you. You're still young, and I don't want you to be jobless."

"Mom…"

"Shut it. Pick us up at the airport tomorrow morning."

Before Terry could say more, his mother had already ended the call.

"Dammit! ARGH!"

Terry shouted in frustration. Sometimes, he wants to go to another country and stay there for a few years. Take a new phone number and just stay in another country without his parents nagging him to find a job.

His parents are too stubborn to hear his explanation about his job, and they are too dead set in their mindset that they know the best. Even when Terry gives them evidence that they are wrong, they never hear him.

They still think that Terry is nothing but a child that did not know anything. They did not know that he even knew more than them in some areas. He did not think that he knew more than his parents, but he knew more about jobs than them.

However, he can only release a tired sigh and prepare himself to receive his parents and maybe his cousin that will come to his house.

5