Chapter 97 – True Longinus
2.1k 2 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cao Cao was glaring at me while holding his arm. He must’ve never expected my move, as I could feel his anger toward me.

Jeanne who stood idly earlier was enraged too.

She jumped toward me and swung her rapier a few times, using her Sacred Gear to make a mountain of holy swords that attacked me.

This time I purposely didn’t dodge the attack. I swung Nenekirimaru from the left to the right, cutting the holy swords, and jumped toward Jeanne before swinging my blade from the top of my head.

Jeanne was able to block my attack, but she couldn’t block the force behind it.

She was blown to the ground and the ground was cracked from her land. Because she was trained, she was able to land on her feet, lessening the damage.

“It seems I need to get serious.” Said Jeanne as she lowered her rapier.

I landed safely in front of her and waited for her next move excitedly.

I know what she meant by getting serious. She was planning to use her Balance Breaker, which means this will be my second time seeing Balance Breaker directly.

“You know, my Sacred Gear, Blade Blacksmith, has a rather strange Balance Breaker. This is what they called sub-species. And I guarantee that you will not be able to defeat my Balance Breaker!”

The usual speech of villains before they were defeated. Cliché, but I didn’t disturb her.

I looked at her with an uninterested gaze.

“Yes yes, just hurry up and use your Balance Breaker.”

I said in a mocking tone and the effect was effective immediately.

“You! I will shut that mouth of yours!”

Holy swords began to appear behind Jeanne. It slowly climbed and made a mountain that stood more than 5 meters tall.

It was big, but not too big. If I compare it with someone that I knew, then it was as big as Tsuchigumo.

I can kill it with Tsuki Giri without amplifying it with Fear. If I added my Fear to Tsuki Giri, the flying slashes that should be visible to naked eyes turned invisible like earlier.

I was not able to look cool because I didn’t expect it, but it was fine.

Not to mention, Jeanne Balance Breaker would be useless right now.

The mountain of holy swords finally stopped moving, and Jeanne had a smile on her face.

“Stake Victim Dragoon!”

Jeanne shouted the name of her Balance Breaker, and the mountain of swords behind her shattered to pieces.

I grinned at that and Jeanne was confused.

“Eh?”

I used this chance to close our distance and I looked at her straight in her eyes with a smug smile on my face.

“What’s wrong? Cat got your tongue?”

Jeanne jumped backward to Cao Cao who had recovered the wound on his arm.

“What did you do? Why did my Balance Breaker shatter before it was done?!”

“And I had no reason to answer your question.” I said and rushed towards the two of them.

I slashed Nenekirimaru, aiming at Jeanne’s neck but it was blocked by Cao Cao’s spear.

“You, you use a Sacred Gear.” Said Cao Cao as he glared at me.

I grinned at him and used Touki to enhance my strength.

“Is that so? I never know about it!”

Cao Cao was unable to hold the force behind my attack and was blown away in the direction of Siegfried.

Siegfried who saw Cao Cao blown towards him was quick in his decision. He caught Cao Cao and stopped him.

It made him vulnerable for a second, and Masaomi used that chance to attack both of them.

“Tch!” Siegfried clicked his tongue and threw Cao Cao to the side before blocking Masaomi’s slash with the silver arm.

But he was not able to stop it. Masaomi’s slash connected to Siegfried’s shoulder and blood gushed out from it.

“It hurts!” Shouted Siegfried as he slashed both swords in his hand, forcing Masaomi to jump back.

Jeanne who stood in front of me was still shocked by the fact that her Balance Breaker was canceled.

I don’t care though, because I was the one who caused it.

Since we arrived at this place, I had always used Telos Karma.

First, I made it that the Sacred Gear that I cut will not be able to activate their Balance Breaker.

This was for Jeanne and Heracles. Their Sacred gear was easy to cut, especially Heracles just used aura which I can cut with Nenekirimaru.

Second, Kubinashi’s string will not be able to be cut by Sword or Spear. I never expected Heracles to be able to free himself, so it was my fault.

Third…

“As long as I used my Fear, no one will be able to touch me.”

And so I rushed towards Jeanne with my Kyouka Suigetsu activated. My fake was running towards Cao Cao while my real body was rushing toward Jeanne.

Jeanne was fooled by my fake and followed him with her eyes.

And so, I canceled Kyouka Suigetsu when I reached Jeanne. My Fake disappeared, and Jeanne now was able to notice my presence behind her.

Sneak attack isn’t honorable, but I don’t care. I am not a Knight or someone that seeks honor in battle. I am Nurarihyon’s Youkai, the sneaky bastard.

I used Tsuki Giri and swung Nenekirimaru at a close distance. But then, their leader was nothing to scoff of.

Cao Cao appeared in front of me and swung his spear, True Longinus, and meet my attack head-on. There was unknown energy radiated from the spear, and it was able to block my attack head-on.

Tsuki Giri was canceled, but it was able to leave a little nick on True Longinus.

“Jeanne, back off. Help Heracles over there, I will fight this man by myself.”

“But!” Jeanne tried to argue with Cao Cao, but he just looked at her.

“Jeanne. I will fight him seriously.”

“Fine!”

Jeanne jumped towards Heracles. This was bad, Kubinashi would have a hard time fighting both of them.

But I had no time to feel relieved either. As Cao Cao finally fought me seriously.

I pulled my sword and sent another slash toward him, but he was able to block it using the shaft of his spear.

Another slash, and blocked again. This time he attacked me with his spear, from the top aiming at my neck, but I was able to dodge it by stepping into the right and sending another slash.

We exchanged slashes and thrusts for a while before I jumped away and gained distance from him.

I had used Touki, but it was not my full power. To think that a human would be able to fight me while activating Touki, was the first.

As expected of him, he was able to fight Vali and Azazel at the same time. It seems I need to get serious.

My body was surrounded by black smoke, and blue Haori appeared on my back, strapped over my shoulder.

I used Telos Karma to the limit, and I used the true technique of my Fear.

“Shin: Kyouka Suigetsu.”

But it was not only me who turned serious. A halo appeared behind Cao Cao and 7 identical orbs floated around it.

He had used his Balance Breaker. I wasn’t able to stop it, because I didn’t cut his Sacred Gear. I only left a nick, which was unexpected for me. Because the one that Cao Cao held was called the strongest Longinus, True Longinus.

“Polar Night Longinus Chakravartin.”

Now, round three has begun.



Author Here~

More than 55 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the New Executive!
- L1 Mainy

Big Thanks to the New Squad Leader!!
- Angelo Meßmer

60