Chapter 100 – Preparing for Another Raid
2.2k 2 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I teleported back to Kanto and took a rest for the day. Kubinashi and Masaomi also went back to their room to rest.

They were more tired than me, especially Kubinashi. He fought two people at once, and both of them were Sacred Gear users which he wasn’t used to.

For me, I went to the courtyard to meet my old man. It was a night of the full moon, so he will be there watching the Sakura Tree which its flower began to fall.

When I reached the courtyard, I saw my old man sitting under the sakura tree on top of cloth with 2 bottles of sake and a sake cup in front of him. He was holding a cup and drank it with closed eyes.

“I heard the commotion this afternoon. You can sit here if you need something from me.” Said My old man as he looked at me and raised his cup.

I sighed a little and walked to my old man and sat in front of him. He poured sake into the cup in front of me and raised put the bottle down before raising his cup with his right hand.

I raised the cup and raised it near his cup before drinking it in one go. I drank a few times today, but it was not enough to make me drunk.

My old man put the cup on the ground and raised his right leg. He rested his hand on his knee and asked me with a smirk.

“So? They ran away?”

I put the cup that I held on the ground and clicked my tongue.

“Yeah, but I plan to chase them in the Underworld after meeting with Azazel tomorrow.”

“You will meet Azazel tomorrow? For whatever reason?” My old man was curious and touched his chin with his right hand.

“He owes me something, and I was thinking about using his connection and information gathering to gather information about Khaos Brigade.”

I smirked at my old man and poured sake from the bottle into my cup.

My old man frowned and looked at me with a serious gaze.

“Are you sure, Riku? You are essentially making an enemy of an organization that was stronger than even a small faction.”

What he said was not wrong, but Khaos Brigade was not on the level of a small faction. It could fight the three factions before losing because of the usual plot armor of the protagonist.

“Old man.” I drank the sake in my cup in one gulp and looked at him seriously.

“They are targeting youkai, Yasaka, Kunou, and Hagoromo Gitsune. Do you think that I will stay quiet?”

We were looking at each other for a while before my old man sighed and lowered his leg.

“If you are that determined then I won’t stop you. But, don’t overdo it. I won’t be here for long as I will start my journey with Setsuna. You can ask Magari if you need something.”

“Don’t worry. I bet that girl will not stay quiet after what we said in the meeting.”

I smiled and poured the sake again into my cup.

“Oho, so that was why you said that loudly. You want her to tag along from the start, huh.”

My old man poured sake into his cup and raised it toward me.

I also raised my cup and then drank it slowly.

It was a peaceful night, a good night to rest my mind and prepare for another raid tomorrow.

***

The next morning, I was standing in front of the entrance of my mansion waiting for Kubinashi and Masaomi.

I told them to meet me right after the sun has risen, but they were nowhere to be seen.

Thinking that they must be tired from yesterday, I waited for them for a few more minutes.

At that moment, I was turning my Senjutsu off and leaning against the wall of the entrance. I put my guard down just because it was my mansion, and it was my mistake.

From my left, a long-haired girl exited my mansion and looked at me with a mocking smile.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go.”

I covered my face with my left hand as I peeked at Hagoromo Gitsune who just exited the gate wearing a black sailor uniform.

“Why are you here?”

I asked Hagoromo Gitsune and let out a sigh. Kubinashi and Masaomi must’ve met her and were stopped.

She was the target of their organization, but she said let’s go while knowing that I will attack them.

Even though I know that she was not the type to hide, I hope she can stay still for now and let me handle all of it.

“Naturally to kill somebody who targeted me. Do you think I will stay still?”

“And you plan to follow me raiding their base?”

“That’s right.”

I sighed again and then crossed my arms.

Well, at least she can protect herself just fine. I made the magic circle to teleport and we teleported to Black Dog Bar, the location where we will meet Azazel.

When we arrived, I was greeted by the gaze of Azazel drinking at the counter with Vali beside him. Tobio was serving them while Reni was nowhere to be seen.

They noticed us and Azazel raised his glass that was full of golden liquid.

“Yo, you’ve arrived.”

He looked at me over his shoulder and Vali turned to us.

“And I saw you brought a different companion. I thought you were going to bring the two subordinates that were with you yesterday.”

I went and sat beside Azazel before ordering a sake. Hagoromo Gitsune sat beside me and asked for the same sake as me.

“Well, she wanted to tag along and root the one who targeted her by herself. More importantly, about why I called you here.”

Azazel took a brown envelope from his suit and put it on the counter.

“I know, this is the location of their base in the Underworld. I heard that you wanted Vali to tag along too?”

Vali smiled when he heard that.

“It seems you have an interesting fight for me. That’s why I decided to tag along.”

I smiled back and took the brown envelope. I opened it and my smile deepened.

“Yeah, why don’t we visit them directly after I finished my drink? There is something that I wanted to talk about with you too, Vali.”

“Yeah, why not?”



Author Here~

More than 55 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the New Executive!
- Walker Voss

Big Thanks to the New Squad Leader!
- Corrupt Zain

64