Chapter 119 – A Promise
1.9k 3 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay then. Khaos Brigade is stronger than I thought, with my strength right now, I will have a problem defeating them by myself or even with the help of my Hyakki Yakkou.”

Yasaka’s expression turned grim. She was told that one of the Khaos Brigade’s objections was her. If I had not enough strength to fend them off myself, she was in danger.

But, she also noticed something from my sentence. I had no way of defeating them by myself even with the help of my Hyakki Yakkou.

In Khaos Brigade’s rank, there was someone with ties with gods, that old Rizevim. His ambitions were boundless, he even planned to use Ophis.

Spies existed in the rank of gods and even the small factions. I bet they also planted spies amongst the Youkai.

For now, the ones that I could trust amongst the youkai were none other than my Hyakki Yakkou that came from another world, my old man and his trusted aide, then Yasaka and Kunou.

I don’t know how trustworthy Yasaka’s subordinates, especially the one who held political power. My old man must have realized that that was why he took Setsuna with him and went to visit Sun Wukong.

“Riku-han, are you implying that we need help from the other factions?”

I nodded my head seriously. Although I had defeated Cao Cao, one of the charismatic leaders that lead the Humans in the Khaos Brigade, the majority of their members came from the Old Satan Faction and Nilrem, the Magicians.

There was also Qlippoth which had a goal to invade the other worlds. That was fucked up goal, and maybe that was one of the reasons why most of the people that I met just accept Hagoromo Gitsune when she said that she came from another world.

Getting Ophis on my side was important, but should I?

Ophis's help would be appreciated while Mature Ophis will be a tremendous help. I kind of wanted to meet her if possible. I can also stop Lilith’s birth by getting Ophis away from Rizevim.

“Please tell Amaterasu about this. Khaos Brigade is not the concern of Youkai only, there is a chance that they had planted a spy in Takamagahara too. So, please make sure to tell Amaterasu directly.”

Yasaka nodded her head seriously.

“I will tell Amaterasu-sama about it. Spy, huh. It seems we had underestimated the situation too much.”

I certainly wasn’t underestimated the situation. I knew the severity of it, that was why I killed Cao Cao first.

With his death, I must move to the Vatican after this and ask Gabriel about the next True Longinus wielder.

We mustn’t let Khaos Brigade hold the True Longinus, that will be dangerous.

“Then Riku-han, what’s the good news.”

Yasaka’s tone held a hint of expectation. The good news was always a mood changer.

“My good news will gain some displeasure from some youkai. I will tell you about it, but it would be preferable if Amaterasu is the one who spread this news. Maybe even you will get displeased with the good news.”

Although it was strange, I still don’t know Yasaka’s feelings about the Nekomata Massacre. In the series, Yasaka was fine and acted normally around the devil when Issei’s group visited Kyoto.

But, that was after the peace conference. Khaos Brigade’s threat had unified a lot of factions, including Gods from various mythology.

“I see, alright. I will not hold too much expectation about this but do tell me about it. As long as it can protect our family, I will do whatever it takes.”

Kunou looked at Yasaka who put on a serious expression with a gaze full of respect and worry.

“Mother…” She muttered in a low voice, but Yasaka noticed it and petted her head.

“Don’t worry, Kunou. I won’t do anything reckless.”

Maybe because it was her motherly instinct, Yasaka noticed Kunou’s worry.

“Un!” Kunou nodded her head and smiled at Yasaka.

“So that’s a relationship of mother and her daughter…” Hagoromo Gitsune muttered beside me and looked at Yasaka with a warm smile.

Ah, that’s right. Yamabuki Otome, the body that Hagoromo Gitsune had right now never had any children although she wanted it.

It was the reason why she left Rihan in the first place while leaving a poem. I remembered the poem because it was a beautiful piece from Nurarihyon no Mago.

Unconsciously, my mouth moved by itself as I turned to look at Yasaka who was smiling at Kunou.

“Flowers bloom sevenfold and eightfold, but the kerria laments, for not a single fruit does it bear.”

Yasaka and Kunou seemed to hear me reciting a poem.

They turned to me and Yasaka said.

“That’s a wonderful Haiku, Riku-han.”

After she said that, Yasaka turned to Hagoromo Gitsune.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying, Hagoromo-han?” Yasaka’s voice was full of concern.

I turned to look at Hagoromo Gitsune instantly and saw that her face had tears trailing down from her eyes.

“Eh?” I was surprised that I let out an idiotic sound.

Hagoromo Gitsune’s hand moved and touched the tears on her face.

“Strange, why did tears come out from my eyes unwillingly?”

From her tone, I noticed that she was confused. She wiped the rest of the tears with the sleeves of her clothes.

After she wiped everything, I looked at her seriously and asked.

“Is it because of that poem?”

“Maybe, I remembered that poem, and felt sad.”

“Somehow, sorry.”

I apologized and bowed my head a little.

That was clearly my fault. I made her cry by reciting a poem that she left. A poem that was able that Rihan recited to Hagoromo Gitsune and the same poem that Yamabuki Otome left for Rihan.

That poem ended Yamabuki Otome’s relationship, as well as gives Hagoromo Gitsune’s memories back, in other words, the start of Hagoromo Gitsune’s ninth reincarnation.

The day Rihan recited the poem to Hagoromo Gitsune was the day she killed him with her own hand.

“Don’t be. Although I felt sad, somehow I’m happy that I can hear that poem from the same voice as that man. I like it.”

Hagoromo Gitsune smiled warmly with her hand on her cheek.

I was not as dense as an Isekai protagonist, so I knew.

‘Isn’t that basically a love confession? Damn it, girl.’

“Umm, Riku-han. I’m sorry to interrupt, but you haven’t told us the good news yet.”

I turned at Yasaka who interrupted with a disappointed gaze. But, she only said that out of concern.

“You’re right. The good news, I had signed an alliance treaty with the Church and Heaven. It was me and my Hyakki Yakkou that signed the alliance treaty, you had no obligation to follow the clause. Azazel will also help in any way he can if we fought the Khaos Brigade. Lastly, Sirzechs promised me to help too.”

As I said the last part of the good news, Yasaka’s mouth opened wide. She covered it with her hands and said.

“Really? Devil, so that’s the reason why you said that the good news will bring some displeasure. But, considering the situation of the Supernatural world right now, we must put aside our difference, huh.”

“Yeah, that’s why I will make it work.”

Yasaka looked at me with a concerned gaze.

“Aren’t you working too hard, Riku-han? Have some rest for a day.”

I smiled back at Yasaka and reassured her.

“Don’t worry, I have enough rest.”

Right now I can’t rest yet. If I didn’t do my best right now, I will not be able to rest in the future.

“So, please just tell Amaterasu about it. I promise that I will protect the youkai, our family.”

All of those things were for the future. I didn’t want my friend or even my lover to be worried all day because of the Khaos Brigade.

“So, leave the rest to me. You know that I never broke my promise.”



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

Big Thanks for the New Executive!
- Ryuu

56