Chapter 204 – Crazy Madlad
854 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Hagoromo Gitsune and the other two fought the newly appeared Grim Reapers, I jumped to the sky and stood beside Odin, facing Thanatos directly. Slowly, quietly, I used Kyouka Suigetsu to create a fake while my real self was circling behind him.

Then, I made my fake talking to him.

“Black hair that defied the gravity and that green Japanese Kimono. You must be the youkai who made his name recently, the second Lord of the East youkai faction, Nura Riku.”

“Indeed, I am,” I answered as I patted Nenekirimaru against my shoulder. “And who might you be, oh skull masked man?” I asked him playfully, although I knew about his identity.

“This one’s humble name is Thanatos, the leader of Grim Reaper. Under the order of Hades-sama, I am trying to kill the one who made his plan astray.”

“Oh? And who is that person? Can you tell me about him? I want to thank him because he made this one called Hades’s plan to go astray.”

“That guy is right in front of my eyes, unfortunately. How about I let you meet him in the death realm? I can split you into two, so you can see the face of the guy who made Hades-sama’s plan go astray.”

“I see. That guy must be so handsome. Unfortunately, I think a mirror is enough for that.”

“Is that so? Then, may I have your time for a dance with blades, oh mightly lord of pandemonium?” Thanatos bowed his head respectfully as he said that.

“I must refuse.” I answered from my real body and kicked him on his back with a roundhouse kick. He was sent flying to the other side of the battlefield and was gone in less than a second.

I then looked at Odin and said, “As I said earlier, I will leave him to you, Odin.”

“Umu, thanks for getting rid of the pest.”

“No problem. Let me kill the pest first, then. Good luck.” Leaving those messages, I kicked the air and followed the Thanatos that I sent flying earlier.

Unexpectedly, he had already recovered and tried to approach me at a fast speed while shouting. “Youu!!”

“Me!” I answered playfully and swung my sword, sending a flying slash in his direction.

He avoided the flying slash and rushed toward me. Even though he wore a mask, I could feel that he was angry. Was it due to me kicking him in the back while he was talking? Or was it because I was more handsome than him? I don’t know.

He was supposed to be calm and reserved, but maybe, a cowardly tactic wasn’t his taste. He should’ve hated Hades, so what was the reason for him being here?

But one thing was for sure. He wanted a battle.

As he rushed at me, a scythe suddenly appeared in his hand, and several duplicates of him appeared.

“Wow, so you can make some illusion too? Neat. But…” I leaped at him, the real him, and swung Nenekirimaru, which was covered in Senjutsu. “You are 100 years too early to fool me with duplicates.”

“Kuh!” Thanatos blocked my sword with his scythe as he grunted. He was fast to the point that his duplicates had a presence.

If his opponent was anyone other than me, maybe his trick would work. Unfortunately, his opponent was someone who could even create a fake that could no longer be differentiated from the real one.

I raised my sword and sent another slash. He managed to block it again, so I sent another one. I kept pushing him back, but neither of us was serious for now. We only used our weapons to best each other.

It made me even wonder. Why did he didn’t he use Magic or the other? As a Grim Reaper, he should’ve been able to use Magic.

Because my attack didn’t seem to work and we were already a distance away from the main battlefield, I jumped back to create a distance between us and asked.

“You didn’t seem to take it seriously. What is your objective, Thanatos?” I looked at him seriously as I narrowed my eyes.

“Did my acting so easy to see?” Asked Thanatos as he relaxed his stance. “I am afraid that I can’t tell you my objective. However, I want to stop Hades-sama’s plan of creating an artificial devil.”

Ah, there is also something like that. Hades hated devils, but he knew everything about them, including how Lilith died.

It was easy to guess that Rizevim went to him to ask how Lilith, his mother, had died. So that meant this Thanatos wanted to stop Hades all along?

“Why do you want to stop him?”

“Well, there is nothing special. I just want to stop this pointless thing.”

“And, how do you intend to do that?”

“Just let me capture the white-haired nekomata in the arena. I promise I won’t do anything more and even pull the other grim reapers. I can’t allow the research of the Super Devil to be spread at this age.”

As he said that, I immediately knew the nekomata that he was talking about was Shirone. He would pull his army if I handed Shirone to him? Although his intention was good, I wouldn’t allow that. I was not a pushover.

“Hey.” I asked him.

“Yes. I am serious.” But he answered strangely. Did he think that I would hand her over to him?

He was someone crazy if he thought that I would hand over Shirone to him. She was Kuroka’s sister, a part of my family.

“You are seeking death, you know?” I told him calmly as I used Incinerate Anthem. The purple flame danced around Nenekirimaru as if delighted that its turn had finally arrived.

I also used Kyouka Suigetsu to reduce my presence and further enhance my physical capabilities with Touki.

Even if the one in front of me was called the strongest Grim Reaper and had power rivaling those of Gods, I wasn’t afraid. After I managed to use Balance Breaker and Offense Fear, I was confident to take on even Sirzechs. If I added Matoi on top of that, maybe I could beat Sirzechs in a fair one-on-one duel, although I would still be injured if I tried it.

Thanatos took on a serious stance once again.

“It seems you have underestimated me too much. Do you think I can’t protect my own family from Hades, huh?”

To take him on, my Balance Breaker wasn’t needed. I didn’t even need to turn my Fear into its offensive form; this was enough.

“Let me tell you something.” I pointed Nenekirimaru at him. “I am strong.” Then purple flame surged out and engulfed Thanatos whole.



More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

22