Chapter 2: New me, New Goals!
698 20 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up abruptly, it seems like I passed out from all the pain and considering it was completely dark in my room, I assume it’s night now. So that means I was out for a minimum of 7 hours, if not more! I wobbled myself to sit up, my entire body felt completely sore and unresponsive, but at the same time I felt better? It’s a really strange feeling I can’t describe, it sorta feels like I‘m more full, like there was always something missing and now it’s finally here.

I slowly reached for one of my pockets to grab my phone, to both see the time and to get some light, so I may be able to walk safely towards the light switch, my room isn’t exactly the most clean one and the chances I stub my toe on something are incredibly high in the dark.

Soon enough I manage to fish the phone out of my pocket and turn it own, this was not a smart move, as the room was in complete darkness and my phones brightness was turned up all the way. After suffering the effects of a flashbang I finally manage to turn the brightness down so I can actually see the phone without going blind and as suspected it was deep into the night, 2 A.M to be exact, which means I was out for about 9 hours.

"Wish I was able to sleep that long without the help of a pain induced coma…" I lament my inability to sleep normally for a few more moments before trying, and failing, to get out of the bed. It took me longer then I‘d like to admit, so I‘m gonna pretend I did this first try and didn’t land on my own butt more then 20 times.

I made my way over to the light switch on wobbly legs, trying my damned hardest not to stub my toe on the many things lying around my room, and eventually I archived this goal, it was a long and dangerous journey, but in the end I prevailed, and now it was time for the ultimate test! Try not to go blind because of the lights turning on!!

I held my finger over switch, trembling with anticipation, this was it, this was what I have trained for so vigorously and underwent tortures and dangerous steps throughout my journey, the end was now so close, I could taste it. With trembling hands I flicked the switch, this was it. BRING IT ON YOU STUPID LIGHTBULB!!!

Unsurprisingly, I failed and landed on my butt for my hubris, now I was sitting there, rubbing my behind while thinking about how the hubris had gotten the better of me. It took me a whole minute to get back up again and another to get used to the light, but finally I was able to see the beauty that was my unorganised and messy room. Ahhhhh, mommy missed you.

It was at that moment I noticed something that most definitely was not there before, it was a black box, sitting atop my desk with a sealed note at the top of it, ripping it open I read the note first.

Thank you for choosing my services miss Sonya, I am also sorry for the amount of pain you surely experienced, it’s a necessary process in order to safely imprint the essence into your empty husk of a body, for more information read the guide book in the box given to you.

-Salesmen XOIIII

Huh, so that’s his name, or is it just his business name? Not that it really matters, at least he was nice enough to provide a guide to all of this, it makes it all way smother and less of a hassle. No unnecessary und dangerous experiments to see what I can do and what not, although I don’t actually know what he did to me now that I think about. He took my soul and 'imprinted essence onto me' whatever that means. Guess all the answers are in the guide, so better get to reading.

I open the black box and low and behold a book with a crimson red, leather casing was inside, what I immediately noticed was that the leather casing had multiple explosion motives carved into it, so you could already tell this thing was made by a truly cultured individual. The book itself wasn’t a thick, chunky one, but it wasn’t something I would call thin either and most interestingly, besides the explosion motives, there was something written on the cover.

Sonya the Maus

I have no idea what that meant, I know 'Maus' is German and means mouse, but what does that have any meaning towards me?! I hope this isn’t just some dumb insult against me or else I will find that dumb guy again and shove him that book three meters up his own ass!
I open the book and began to read.

This book has been crafted specifically for the use of Sonya the Maus, if you are not the above mentioned, please close the book and return it to the place you have found it.

Yes what a flawless plan, I‘m sure if we would place such a warning on everything we own, the thievery rate would drop to zero. I turn to the next page, hoping actually useful information would soon come.

Hello Sony the Maus, I would like to apologise again, not only for the pain you experienced but also the bodily transformations you have without a doubt already seen yourself, I assure you it’s nothing to be concerned about. It’s a natural reaction a body does in response to the loss of its soul.

I stare at the lines and read them again, then again and again, the information slowly creeping into my brain, oh no. If I go into the bathroom, look into the mirror and see whiskers in my face I WILL kill him. I HATE RODENTS!!!

I make a mad dash out of my room and around the corner before finally landing in the bathroom, I turn the lights on And stare into the mirror And luckily for his sorry butt I don’t see any whiskers, or any other mouse like features. Although to make a hundred percent sure I ditch my cloths to look my entire body over and again, no mouse features, I sigh in relief.

"Thank fuck I have no dumb mouse body parts, my entire body has just gone completely pale, red veins pulse all around my body and my eyes are a completely black abyss, with only two red dots in the middle, so nothing to severe. He sure gave me a scare there." I mutter to myself as I gave my body another once over, before I put my cloths back on and return to my bedroom and back towards my guide.

Now you don’t have to worry, you can easily disguise you appearance so the populace doesn’t immediately freak out the moment they spot you, it will be explained on page 12 in the 'Powers' chapter.

I will now give you a very brief explanation as to what exactly happened to you and what you now are and what you are capable of, more detailed explanation will be given in their respective chapters later.

Congratulations! You have just sold your immortal, human soul in exchange for your own selfish reasons and in the process have become one of the greatest dangers to humanity and will without a doubt come into conflict with Lux Magica. You are now Sonya the Mouse, a reference to the super heavy tank Maus, created by the Germans during World War II, you have compete control over a wide arrange of powerful weapons, from simple Rifles to heavy Artillery, your firepower is truly unmatched. Further powers include: Flying, enhanced durability, endurance, speed and strength, as well as some illusion magic to stay undetected.

I‘m sure you will turn out to be a fine threat to humanity and the world with these additions. Have fun trying to end humanity!
In kind regards,

Salesmen XOIIII

This. This will be truly interesting! I grin from ear to ear, although I have to say, calling me a threat to humanity? That’s a bit rude isn’t it, all I want to do was destroy those who dare insult the perfection that are Explosions! If anything I‘m saving humanity, by getting rid of the filth that dares question the importance of Explosions!

And then I went to reading and studying, this will be so much fun! Watch out you disgusting Magical Girls, you executioner is coming. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

 

Three days. It took me three whole days to learn all my abilities, let me repeat it took me three days. That is, to put it extremely bluntly, way shorter then I ever expected it to take, but on the other hand it’s not like I actually have that many abilities.

It basically boils down to a bunch of passive enhancements, like strength and endurance, which I get just by being in my, as the guide called it, 'Demonic Husk' form, for actual abilities I just have the power to summon any firearms weapon imaginable and fire it with mental commands, fire energy attacks from my fingers and turn one object I touch into a remote controlled bomb alla 'Deadly Queen' from the anime 'Bobo‘s unusual travels‘. That’s it.

Sure there were other things I was capable off, like flight and portal creation to fast travel between two points and most importantly the ability to switch between two forms, my actual body, the 'Demonic Husk' and a disguised body, which was basically how I looked before obtaining my powers, though for some reason I was still incredibly pale, so I could actually go and do normal stuff like, I don’t know go to school, like I was doing right now! I know I know this seems rather weird. I just got magical superpowers and I go to school rather then test them in combat against the magical Girls?

The reason is rather simple, it’s not like my life disappeared after I obtained my superpowers, in between lessons in said superpowers I still went to school and I still went out and had fun with my friends. The reason I haven’t engaged the Magical Girls is also rather simple, They haven’t appeared anywhere recently, or to be more precise, no Demons showed up recently. I could go out and cause havoc myself to lure them out, but I’m far above such trivial things, let the brainless beasts lure my prey out, so I may catch and destroy them!!

But until a Demon showed up, I would be waiting and living life just as I would before.

After a short walk across a crossroad, I finally arrived at Halburg High, my school and at the gate I met my two friends, Sigrid and Kristin.

Kristin was extremely short for her age at about 143 cm (4.7 feet) and had short brown hair, she had a bubbly and outgoing personality and she absolutely loves horror related things and loves scaring others for fun, that is general knowledge about her, however what most don’t know about her is the fact she has a horrendous home situation, her mother is a alcoholic, who beats her frustrations out on her daughter ever since her father and younger brother died. She smiles to hide the truth.

Sigrid on the other hand was a tall and imposing figure at 184 cm (6 feet) tall and had earned the name Queen of ice because of her snow white hair and unapproachable personality. Unsurprisingly she was the daughter of a extremely well known CEO, however she also has a older brother, so he would get the company and she was nothing more then a bargaining chip for her father, a thing he could give to an different family to strengthen his own position, what Sigrid actually wanted didn’t matter to him. Her ice cold personality was not the result of her thinking she was better then everyone else, but a simple lack of social interaction skills, no one dared approach her and she was to inept to approach in return.

You might reasonably ask how I got to be friends with the two of them, well it was for one simple reason, we had a group project together one time two years ago and we stuck together ever since, simple as that. I had contemplated telling them about my new superpowers, but decided against it, my school life and superpowers were two things I wanted to keep separate for as long as possible, so I wouldn’t garner any unwanted attention.

I approached the two and gave them both a giant grin, which Kristin returned, while Sigrid gave a small bow, we chatted for a bit before heading inside and towards our shared classroom.

"You know Sonya, you seem rather happy these last few days and you look possibly radiant, despite your skin saying other things." Kristin suddenly said, to which Sigrid went on to say.

"She is right you know, you seem far more appreciative of life these last couple of days, though your colour still gives me reason to believe you shouldn’t attend classes right now and instead go seek medical attention." I laughed it off with an harty laugh.

"Don’t worry about it, I simply gained a new perspective on life, you could say I am a new me! A new me with new goals in life so to speak."

Sigrid still seemed rather sceptical, but Kristin simply laughed with me and Sigrid soon simply let it go, as we continued to make our way over to our classroom, but suddenly, the speakers of the school went off.

"Attention all, This is Lux Magica speaking, my name is Pur and I ask all of you to evacuate immediately, in a few moments there will be a Demon attack in the area, I repeat…" I couldn’t hear the rest of the announcement, as complete panic started around us, everyone started screaming and running around like headless chicken, while the school staff tried to keep up order as best as possible and tried to guide the students outside.

I lost Kristin and Sigrid in the chaos, but that was no problem, I knew they would be fine, it wasn’t the first time something like this happened after all, they knew what to do and so did I.

With a grin I sprinted through the chaos and outside where I saw  three Magical Girls facing a giant black portal, where without a doubt a Demon would soon stampede out off.

I grinned as I hide behind a nearby building and lifted the illusion spell concealing my true form, as a bonus, my clothes also transformed into a black and purple military uniform, with black combat boots and a black, purple rimmed cap, with a skull and pair of dynamite  depicted in the middle.

Soon, it was showtime.

25