Chapter 11: Eevee’s Terrible Morning
740 13 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eevee stretched inside his perch as he got up this morning.

After stretching, he shook off the morning grogginess with a shake of his fur.

Bah!~ I’m feeling refreshed!

He then hopped down from his perch to the lower platform, then to the next. He then walked out into the hall, before heading over to Jennifer’s door.

He reached up and scratched at her door.

            

“Eev-ee~”

Then he sat there waiting patiently while wagging his tail.

                             

                                       

And he waited.

                                            

                                                        

And waited…

                                   

                                    

“E—Eev ee?”

                

He walked up and scratched the door again.

                     

“Eev-ee?”

              

*SCRATCH*SCRATCH*

                      

“Eev-ee?”

                                

*SCRATCH*SCRATCH*

“Eev-ee?!”

*SCRATCH*

“Eev-ee!”

                

He stared at the door worried, thinking that something was wrong.

Curse my tiny frame and having no hands!

He the walked down stairs in a hurry to go find someone else.

           

As soon as he was down the stairs.

He spotted Charmeleon in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

“Hey, Charmeleon! Can you help me? I need to get into Jennifer’s room.”

Charmeleon snorted a laugh which had a gout of flames escape her mouth by accident.

“Demanding little thing, aren’t you? And why do you need in her room? She’s asleep, Isn’t she?”

“But that is the thing!” Eevee said with a hop up onto a stool. “I always wake her up while she’s here, it is my morning tradition to wake her in the mornings! I tried scratching at the door and calling to her. But I got no answer. Nothing! I think something is wrong?!” He told Charmeleon with a worried tone.

“*SCOFF* She is probably just tired from her injuries, she has some medicine here sitting on the counter.” Charmeleon pointed at the bottle. “You should probably just let her sleep.”

“But!— What if something is wrong?! What if she hurt herself in bed last night? What if she can’t get up or call out to us?!”

Charmeleon gave the panicking Eevee an incredulous look.

“Are you serious?”

“YES!”

“You do remember, that our Jennifer has psychic powers right? I don’t think she wouldn’t be able to call out to one of us unless she needed us… but there is of course, the chances she can’t, because she is in worse state than just in trouble or pain.”

“W-Worse state?” Eevee repeated.

Charmeleon looked at Eevee with a sinister smile before holding up one of her clawed hands and dragging a single claw across her neck.

“That she’s dead.” She deadpanned to Eevee.

                               

 “N-NO!” He shouted with his fur sticking up at all ends.

He stomped his front paw into the stool.

“Don’t say scary things like that!” He told her.

“Char Char Cha Cha Cha ar ar ar ar!” Charmeleon wiped a tear away from her eye after laughing so hard. “Oh man! You should have seen you face!”

Eevee puffed out his cheeks in irritation at Charmeleon’s lack of concern.

“You’re not funny Charmeleon!”

“I thought it was.”

“Charmeleon!~” Eevee whined.

“Look,” She replied. “I’m busy cooking breakfast. Just leave Jennifer alone and let her sleep. If, by the time I’m done cook breakfast, then I’ll go up stairs and we can check on Jennifer, Okay?”

“HMPH!” Eevee Harrumphed before jumping down from the stool. “Your lack of tack or show of concern appalls me!”

Charmeleon lifted her hands up and waves the from side-to-side.

“Oooooohhhh!~ Oh no!~ The little Eevee thinks less of me! Whatever shall I do?” She said sarcastically. “*PFFT* Char Char Char Char Char ar ar ar ar!”

Eevee harrumphed again before sticking his tail straight up before leaving. He felt humiliated for even thinking for a moment that Charmeleon would help him out.

But just as he was passing by the guest room that house the Raltses, he heard something.

“Get up!”

                    

“”Get up!””

Hmm? Are those brats up already?

He turned around to go peek at his advisory of Jennifer’s affection.

Expression falling towards the floor.

“W-What is this?!” He whispered as he looked in to see three Ralts children pulling at a sleeping face on their bed.

           

“Mistress! Get up! It’s morning!”

“”It’s morning! Big Sis-J!””

             

He couldn’t believe it.

There she was, his hopes at becoming a stronger Pokémon, sleeping and resting in the bed of wild Pokémon, who were treating her like she was their actual master.

                               

“Get up!~”

“”Get up!~””

                              

“EEVEE?!”

“R-R-RALTS?!”

“”R-alts?!””

“Huh?! Wha?!— What’s happening?”

Jennifer looks up from the pillow, to see Eevee standing standing in the doorway.

“What Eevee?” She says disoriented by what was happening. “Why are you here?”

“E-Eevee Eev…”

Jennifer smiles at Eevee.

“Well, thank you for your concern. But they were just playing with me, they weren’t hurting me.”

“E-Eev?”

Jennifer nodded the best she was able.

“…R-Ralts…”

Jennifer heard Ralts whimper from beside her, looked at the corner of her eyes to see that Ralts was sitting there trembling in fear.

Oh! Poor baby!

She looked and locked eyes with Eevee, who shrank back at her scowl.

“E-Eevee?…”

“Look Eevee, please be careful of making loud noises round the Ralts. They have had a very traumatic experience recently; one which involved another canine Pokémon like you: you’ve accidentally scared them this morning.” She smiled at Eevee to show she wasn’t angry. “Can you apologize to them? To show you’re not a mean Pokémon?”

“Ekv?!— Eevee Eev?!”

Jennifer nodded.

“Yeah, just a simple I’m sorry will do.”

                  

Eevee, looked at Jennifer’s face like she just asked him to do something abhorrent.

Jennifer looked back Eevee, confused by his hesitation.

He decided to just do what Jennifer wanted, rather than upset her.

“Eevee Eev……”

He said in apology.

Jennifer nodded her head, before shifting her gaze at Ralts; who was still trembling in fear.

Worried about Eevee being there and scaring the children further, she looked back towards Eevee.

“Okay, all’s forgiven. You can leave and wait for us in the living room.”

Eevee looked at Jennifer in shocked disbelief at her dismissal of him.

“Ee—……” But he decided to hold in his protests. “Eev Eevee…” Then with his gaze towards the floor, he sauntered back out of the door way.

When he was out Jennifer shut the door behind him.

                          

Eevee jumped in place at the sudden noise behind himself, staring at the door in betrayal at how easily she had just shut him out.

“…Eevee…”

“Char Char Char Char!”

Charmeleon chuckled at the depressed looking Eevee.

“Doesn’t feel so good when your trainer gets a new Pokémon companion and you don’t have them all to yourself anymore, does it?”

Eevee Glowered at Charmeleon, who was eating a strip of bacon while leaning on her elbows against the counter, staring at him with a smug expression on her face.

“WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!” He barked at her.

“You know nothing about never being number one in your trainer’s heart! You have always had your trainer, all to yourself! You never had to share him; never had him reject you!” Eevee growled.

                        

Eerk?!—

                         

Eevee’s danger instincts kicked in as he watched Charmeleon stand to her full height.

A Charmeleon averaged around a meter and a few centimeters in change, maybe or a little more.

                      

                         

But he also wasn’t dealing with your average Charmeleon Pokémon.

                                   

                                   

She was an older Pokémon. One who had a successful life and career in her past.

She stood straight up, at an impressive meter and a half tall, when she wasn’t slouched or hunched over that is.

And right now, she was staring down at Eevee with a glower of her own that radiated so much heat, it made Eevee feel cold. His expression turning into fear.

“Listen here little pup… I’ve put up with a lot of your shit over the years, because I’ve felt nothing but sorry for you. But if you think, for one minute, that I’m going to stand here, taking your crap, that I don’t know what being a Pokémon to a trainer is like. Then you have another thing coming to you.” She told him in an even tone.

Which scared Eevee more than if she had just yelled at him.

I’m going to wet my fur!…

“I’ve been Johnathan’s Pokémon for over twenty-six years. I have experienced and seen every single thing, that entails in being a Pokémon. I have been exactly where you are once. So don’t you ever,” She said with a point of a single claw towards the Eevee. “let me hear you slip up again, and tell me I don’t know what you’re going through.”

She then turned and walked away from the counter she was leaning against. She moved over to the coffee machine and poured a cup of coffee into a mug.

She then set it on the counter, next to a plate of food that was in-front of a stool.

When she looked back, Eevee was gone.

                         

“Char…” She sighed out loud.

“*YAWN* Morning Charmy…” Said Johnathan as he walked into the room with his robe and sleep clothes on, looking like he had woken up after a late night experimenting again. “Anything interesting happen yet today?” He sat down in -front of the freshly prepared food made by his Pokémon companion.

Charmeleon threw a towel over her shoulder then shrugged.

“Char cha char, leon Char…” She groused.

“Right, is that so…” Johnathan said absentmindedly as he sipped his coffee and looked at his phone for the news.

Charmeleon sighed while smiling at her human. She walked up and put a claw under Johnathan’s had which held the smart phone.

“Charmy?—“

She slid it away and then put a fork in his had, pointing a claw at his food.

“Char Char Leon mele!”

He blinked at her for a moment before letting out a chuckle.

“Yes ma’am.” He then started eating like the dutiful trainer he was that the Charmeleon trained him too be.

Charmeleon smiled at her well disciplined trainer.

                               

                                       

————————————————————-

                                           

                                            

“Hey hey hey!… it’s alright now, everything is okay…” Jennifer tried to reassure the Ralts which she was holding on her chest. Who was crying and trembling against her chest.

Jennifer had just closed the door and pulled Ralts against herself.

Her siblings sat on either side of them, worrying for her sister.

“Ralts?”

“Ralt Ralts?”

They tried saying words to cheer up their sister.

                      

This is more than her just being frightened by Eevee’s sudden shout… Oh Ralts, What happened? She thought to herself.

She thought about just looking into Ralts’s memories, but shook herself mentally on doing that.

That isn’t right. I won’t invade Ralts’s privacy like that.

I don’t want to start taking the easy way out of things by using my psychic powers for things like that. I only recently started using them more again. I don’t want to be that kind of psychic, that just uses their power for everything, just because I can, or to take advantage of others or use them selfishly.

*SIGH*

Guess I’m doing this the hard way…

            

“Hey now…” Jennifer called out to Ralts. “It’s okay now, everything is fine. Big brother Eevee isn’t going to hurt you. I promise: no one is going to hurt you; because from now on, we’re all family here.”

         

Ralts, didn’t say anything. She just snuggled deeper into Jennifer, until her head pressed into Jennifer’s chin.

“H-Hey now… shh… it’s okay…”

*BA-THUMP*

There is that feeling again……

She worried that something may have happened to Ralts now.

Was that why she was so scared last night?

“Want to tell me what’s wrong?”

Ralts just whimpered and shook her head.

This hurt Jennifer a little, that Ralts wasn’t opening up to her.

*BA-DUMP*

Whatever happened, it probably involved Eevee… I don’t need my psychic powers to figure that much out…… but Eevee has been a part of the family for years… he wouldn’t just hurt new friends we brought home would he?

Jennifer sat up with a groan of pain.

UGH! Going to need some medicine! Pain’s back!

She then focused down at the Ralts in her lap, pressed against her belly now that she slid down from her neck.

She smiled at her and lifted Ralts’s head by her chin with the finger of her right hand.

“Hey? Look at me for a minute.”

Ralts complied, allowing Jennifer to lift her head up, allowing her to look into her eyes.

Jennifer inspected Ralts from head to toe as best as she was able. Even going as far as to probe carefully, to make sure she wasn’t just hiding any sort of pain.

She smiled as she saw that Ralts had no physical damage on her, so she didn’t think Eevee hurt her in anyway.

“Listen to me Ralts; listen to my words.” Jennifer spoke with certainty. “I promise you, that no matter what. I won’t let a single person ever harm you again.” She looked at her siblings as well. “And that extends to each of you. So if you ever have a problem, you can come to me. I will take care of it and watch out for you guys. You’re all going to be a part of out family now, and I’m going to keep you guys safe and free from harm, okay? Do you three trust me?”

The three siblings shared a look between each other. Each one nodded to the other one before they all turned to look at Jennifer.

“”RALTS!”” The youngest two affirmed confidently with a shout and a nod of their heads.

“Ra-Ralts…” The oldest, sounding less sure of herself, but still otherwise nodded and affirmed aloud.

Jennifer smiled at the three before reaching down and rubbing each of their heads individually with her one arm.

“Then I’m glad we got that out of the way. And like I said, if you need anything, or you are just having a hard time: don’t hesitate to tell me, okay?”

They all nodded once more.

The oldest looking chipper once again, which made Jennifer smile turn wider.

“Okay you three! We need to get up because I think it is almost—“

“CHAR!~ ME!~ LE!~ ON!~”

The three children jumped with a start at the noise from outside the room.

Jennifer giggled.

“That breakfast is ready.” She put the blue next to her green siblings and got up off of the bed.

She smiled at the little Raltes behind her on the bed.

“Well? Come on you three! Aren’t you hungry?”

“”RALTS!”” They all cried out in unison to Jennifer’s question.

Jennifer giggled at their cute synchronization.

“Then come on! Race you to the kitchen!”

She then opened the door and watched as the three children got up, jumped off the bed and ran straight out the door a second later.

God they’re so cute!~

Jennifer watch pleased at their recovered happy demeanor.

She thought back on why Shiny was so distressed and frowned.

I’ll need to talk with Eevee about this… I just hope this turns out to be nothing…

                              

34