Chapter 18: Adoption Interview
475 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

True to her word.

Not but ten more minutes and they were there.

Unbeknownst to Jennifer though, the trainers who were inside the hotel’s dining area, were actually the two other people that would be here for the interview.

Oh my Arceus! They saw Ralts and I have that break down with each other…

Jennifer was red faced as she sat on the sofa next to May. A large coffee table was separating them from another, larger sofa, which held the three trainers who were here to interview and to be interviewed by the Raltses.

                                        

There was a long salmon colored haired girl, who was almost as Jennifer was, which shocked her a lot.

Then there was a really fit young adult sitting on the left side. He had sky-blue hair, and wore a really tight black tee-shirt.

These two had contrasting personalities: as the salmon haired girl, had a very serious, yet studious air and appearance; while the guy had a more carefree attitude, which showed a lot in his expression.

I mean! He’s wearing shorts and flipflops for Arceus’s sake!

                     

But, if these two were the contrast to each other, the girl who was sitting in the center of them, was the complete opposite to them both.

Her eyes are sharp; her looks are strict… is this the person, that May had in mind for Ralts?!

She turned to glare at May, who was sitting next to her.

        

May ignored made a point not to look at Jennifer.

I don’t need psychic powers to know that you’re glaring at me! May thought, hoping it was reach Jennifer.

≈May?!≈

What?

≈Don’t what me! Tell me, who are these weirdos?!≈

            

May noticed Sabrina’s eye twitch after Jennifer sent her that message.

     

Uh-oh!……..

“Umm!…” May quickly began speaking nervously. “Let’s umm… get introductions out of the way, right everyone? Heh heh heh…..” She chuckled nervously.

≈Hey! Stop ignoring me!≈ Jennifer shouted mentally at her friend.

        

The girl with salmon colored hair stood up after clearing her throat.

“Why don’t I start,” She began. “My name is Solidad Saori, I am twenty years old, I am a Pokémon trainer, as well as a Pokémon Coordinator.” She extended her hand, pointing it towards May. “I’m friends slash, rival with May here, and often compete with her at local and out of region tournaments in Pokémon Coordinator Contests.” She said as her introduction. “I am also hoping to become a Pokémon professor one day, and hopefully make a new discovery for the world of Pokémon.”

           

Jennifer had to bite back any remarks she had ready to fly and shoot at May, or this Solidad.

She seems actually rather mature and competent; I like her!

The guy stood up next.

“Hey there!” He greeted loudly.

As he said hello, Solidad sat down to allow the man center stage.

“My names Brawly, Brawly Touki! I am a Pokémon trainer, a fitness instructor, a professional surfer, as well as the local Gym Leader down at Dewford Town, at the Dewford Gym.” He struck a pose, while pointing at himself with his thumb. All while smiling openly and widely. “I’m also a Gym Leader who uses fighting type Pokémon, because I like battling!” He told the group.

Jennifer frowned at this, but the man was either to busy to notice, or had simply didn’t care.

“My motto is taking on and fighting big waves!”

He ran around to the back of the sofa they were sitting on and pulled out a rather large surfboard.

Where they heck was he keeping that?! Jennifer thought frantically.

Brawly struck another pose, always pointing his thumb towards himself.

“If you guys came with me! I’ll be putting you through some wickedly rad and awesome workout routines, that will not only having you shredding waves  but have a shredded your bod to match!”

With that, he lifted his shirt to show off his muscles

“H-HEY! What the hell?!”

“M-MAY! S-STOP HIM!”

“Oh Arceus, Brawly. You never change, do you?”

“*TSK* Neanderthal…”

“AH! Come on ladies! Don’t be like that,” He said in a lackadaisical manner. “I’m just showing off to the Pokémon here.” He pointed with an open palm, towards the Ralts.

Whom two of which, were either adverting their gazes or covering their eyes. But the one sibling at the end, closest to Solidad, was staring fixated at Brawly’s abs.

Solidad put her hand down to place it in front of the Ralts who was staring at Brawly.

        

“R-Ralts?!”

The tiny Feelings Pokémon, put her mitts on Solidad’s and tried to pull herself over the hand, so that she could see around the obtrusive obstacle.

Solidad chuckled at the Pokémon determination to check at Brawly’s abs.

“Trust me Ralts, he’s not worth it. Despite how good the body looks.”

Ralts looked back and saw the man had put shirt back and was sitting down anyways.

“….*SIGH*…. Ralts…” The younger sister sighed as she moved back to stand next to her siblings.

                     

After everyone had settled back down. Jennifer focused her attentions on the last person sitting between the two, who had already introduced themselves.

                           

Jennifer would had described the woman as the opposite of the other two, but she was more than that.

She had dark forest green hair, her eyes were slanted and she had such a fierce look on her face.

It’s almost as if this woman had barely smiled in her entire life; if at all!

                          

“Well,” The woman spoke. “I suppose it’s my turn.” She announced.

Without standing, she looked towards the Ralts, her eyes focusing in on the variant.

                           

                                 

And to Jennifer’s great surprise, two PokéBalls rose up from the woman, then floated a bit behind the sofa they were sitting on.

Wait!…. No way…..

She looked at May questioningly once again. But this time with a stupefied, disbelieving expression on her face.

May reached over, without looking, and turned Jennifer head, so that she was facing the woman once again.

“Hello, it’s good to be here today. Thank you all so much for having me and allowing me this opportunity.”

        

*CLICK*

*CLICK*

                  

Then the PokéBalls opened and white particles came streaming out of them, revealing two large, fully evolved Pokémon.

         

“Ala kazam.”

     

“Gengar!”

              

“These are a few of my Pokémon, to show you how well they are trained; also to show you, that I have the means to bring out any one of your full potential, were you to choose to accept me, as your trainer.”

She relaxed back into the sofa.

“My name is Sabrina Natsume. I’m also a gym leader. I come from a place called Kanto, which is far from here. But I have currently left my gym in charge of my subordinates, so that I may travel and hone my skills as a trainer; my ambition: is to be known as the greatest psychic and psychic type trainer in the world.” She told them.

                       

Jennifer inhaled sharply at this bit of information.

          

Another psychic……

While she had met other psychics before, many did not have the same capability Jennifer had.

And judging by this woman’s appearance alone, she is probably amazing with her skills!

            

Jennifer looked at May again. Realizing the doubt she had felt at the people her friend had selected was unfounded.

Guess she really does know a lot of people. Some real big shots at that.

                            

                     

Sabrina on the other hand was looking between the different Ralts, monitoring them and observing their flow of psychic energy. Her eyes were clearly drawn towards the one directly in front of her.

This one clearly has the best abilities as a psychic, its sister being second to her, with their brother being very far behind, as far as how developed he was as a psychic.

        

But her eyes kept getting drawn away to the person sitting next to May on the other sofa.

However… if we’re talking about latent power… then I suppose…

                 

Sabrina watched, as the swirl of invisible psychic colors and energy came crashing off of the person, who was sitting across from her in waves.

It’s almost frightening how much she has, no where near as my own… but for someone as gifted as this, to be purposely suppressing her own powers, whom also seems to have had no formal training… it’s actually astonishing. If she wasn’t May’s friend, I may have made this person come with me back to Kanto for training. She far exceeds any of my other subordinates.

            

                  

May clapped her hands, drawing everyone’s attention back to her.

“Okay! With the human introductions out of the way, I guess that means it’s time you guys got to know a bit about each of these Ralts in turn.”

Lifted an open palm towards Jennifer sitting next to her.

“They have been living with my friend here, for almost the past two months now, so there is no one more qualified to tell you about each of them.” She nodded towards Jennifer, who was now staring at May with open shock at being put on the spot.

“Take it away Jennifer Barakat!”

             

            

Jennifer looked from her, so called friend, to the expert trainers, to the Ralts, then back to May.

“I umm!— it’s just that I’m ahh…— Where should I even start?” She said while scratching the back of her burning hot head in embarrassment.

Solidad was kind enough to offer Jennifer a way out.

“Why don’t you start from the beginning. Tell us everything about them, how you met them, and everything you’ve been through with them up until now.”

        

Jennifer sighed and breathed a little easier now that she had a clear path forward.

I really like her, I would be fine if anyone of them chose to go with her.

         

*BA-DUMP*

             *BA-THUMP*

          

But, even as she thought this. She still felt the connection between her and the shiny Ralts, who hadn’t looked at her once since they had been brought into the room.

Maybe not all of them… She thought hesitantly.

      

“Oh man! Where to begin with even that!” Jennifer said with a chuckle. “I guess from the way, way beginning will be best.” She decided.

“My name is Jennifer Barakat.” She said as introductions. “I’m from a small town name Banha from the region of Ejapul.” She informed them. “How I met this wonderful little guys was like this: I had just arrived from Ejapul to visit my other home of Hoenn. My long time friend from here, May, came to pick me up……..”

          

Jennifer went on to explain how she met the Ralts in the woods, after “hearing” their cries for help. Then her subsequent injury and recovery. She told them how these tiny Ralts were orphaned, because they had lost their mother, as a result of the Mightyena attack.

She then went on to describe the events of the Raltses living with her, how they each behaved, what each of them like and how they behaved.

       

Jennifer felt herself on more than one occasion, having to stop and clear her throat, because she was getting emotionally distressed, talking about the Ralts, and describing their best features.

All their features are their best features.

But, just as she was about finished with her story of the Raltses and explaining their personalities.

        

Brawly shot out of his seat.

      

“Grrrr! I can’t wait any longer or hold it inside me!” He shouted.

“”Huh?!”” Jennifer, May, and Solidad exclaimed in confusion as Brawly started speaking.

He pointed down towards a Ralts in front of him.

                   

“You!” He said to them. “I choose you!”

                

                   

                       

                        

26