Side Chapter 6: Your Newly Evolved Pokémon, And You
375 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there trainer! My name is Professor Oak, I am a Pokémon researcher, who primary focus is the studies of Pokémon interactions and human relationships.

In this study material, we will be going over the various topic about Pokémon evolution, as well as covering some various other topics.

I have provided a list of other materials you might want to peruse through, which cover these other topics.

           

But, moving on and back to the subject at hand, while I humbly admit, that I’m the leading authority on Pokémon relationship and interactions with humans, I am not the leading most professor on their evolutions.

This book, is more to introduce you, to the shifts and behavioral changes you’ll see and experience with your Pokémon when or if they evolve.

                      

Chapter one: How old are they?

        

This chapter will cover the basic understanding of a Pokémon’s psychological profile, of every step of it’s evolution.

As most young trainers are taught, Pokémon age, just the same as with any other animal, creature, or human: this includes Pokémon, whose age, may not be all that apparent.

For example, a Magnemite, while at first blush, appears to be a type of inanimate object like Pokémon. It’s behavioral inconsistencies, have stumped the scientific community for years.

It may look like a modern day Pokémon that recently has evolved do to human interactions or as a result of human development.

But evidence shows, that Magnemite, is included in records, dating back, almost three-thousand years prior to today.

This goes to show, that before man, had ever discovered or conceptualized the early theories of electricity or magnetism.

These Pokémon had evolved from these very elements and principles!

Astounding! Isn’t it?!

                   

But that’s not all!

These Pokémon, are still confounding men of science to this very day.

For example: while these Pokémon do not have a gender, they feel emotions and have feelings of attraction, just the same as a living organism.

Why is that? I wonder?

Is it because of the Pokémon’s very sentience and life that it makes it have these feelings? Or, maybe? Is it something more?

Other professors and myself have come to the conclusion, that, while inanimate, Magnemite are able to breed, with the help of a Ditto, just like many other types of Pokémon.

Which is another thing that has confounded scientists for the ages.

For, even though, they are an inanimate Pokémon, along with other such non-organic Pokémon, who are also either, A; Genderless. Or B; can be created or form, from the very environment around us.

This only goes to show, that while Pokémon do breed and create new life, it is not a necessity to produce or create this Pokémon.

      

And that life, finds a way.

And with that said, what have we observed so far?

That Pokémon, regardless of species, organic or inanimate, gender or otherwise; are shown to be, in conclusion: sentient beings.

Further studies of Pokémon, like Magnemite, have shown. That even though they are genderless, they feel attraction towards one another, and to various other types of Pokémon.

For example:

A Magnemite, has been seen to show and exhibit strange electrical discharges, along with odd skinship towards other Pokémon, who are either positively or negatively charged: depending on the type of charge the Magnemite’s has.

This also includes other species as well.

A Magnemite, has been seen “courting” many other electric type Pokémon, depending on their charge.

In the Alolan region, it was documented that Magnemite were seen partnering up with the Geodudes within the caves.

The local scientists believe, that this is a result, of the metals found in the Geodude line variants found in Alola.

My colleagues believe, that this behavior, is caused by positive and negatively charged pieces of natural magnetic metals found inside of the Geodude line.

                              

This is just one of many of these odd inconsistencies with Magnemite, and other such Pokémon.

But the real interesting thing is it’s age.

Like many other inanimate object Pokémon, there is no true way, to gage whether or not a Magnemite line, has a thing such as age.

Are the Magnemite today? The very same ones that were here, three thousand years ago?

I have concluded, that they are not.

Evidence has shown that Magnemite are able to reproduce and create new offspring of their species. (With the help of Ditto and their spontaneous spawning in an area).

If they are ageless, why is it? That they are not more plentiful or prosperous?

It is due to the lack of food in the area? Is it some sort of essential thing that they need to survive and live off of, but just don’t have?

The answer to this is, no: this is but just another inconsistency of theirs. The fact that, despite no orifice on their body, they are able to eat, just as any other organic, flesh and blood Pokémon.

      

HOW IS THIS?!

       

Well? It’s mostly a mystery to this day. But with this in mind, we can conclude, that Magnemite do in fact, have a diminishing life span.

                

As far as my research has taken me, a typical Magnemite’s life span, is somewhere close to the hundreds.

Not that I will be able to fully be to prove them, for I not believe I’ll be lucky enough to live long enough to make this discovery myself, hahahaha…..

             

As it were, this brings us into another subject of a Pokémon’s lifespan.

                    

Chapter two: Age Group Mentality.

          

Normally, when one talks about age groups, one is inferring to, a certain groups or generations of a certain age range.

Not so with Pokémon.

For Pokémon have many age groups. All of which, depends on their evolution and their line.

          

For example:

Pokémon, who do not have a evolutionary line, do not under go, what is referred to as an age group.

But Pokémon that do, such as a Charmander line, have three distinct age groups.

These are referred to as:

The Juvenile.

The Adolescent.

And Elder.

These phases, are essentially split amongst the different evolutionary stages of a Pokémon’s evolutionary track.

As for instance, a Charmander, is by nature, a loyal and faithful companion to its trainer, which is a boon to most fledgling trainers out there.

But, Charmander, is also a prime example of the sudden change, a Pokémon can undergo, once they evolve.

                                     

A Charmander, while sweet kind and loyal, has a drastic change in personality once they evolve into a Charmeleon.

It is a strange and fascinating phenomenon, that has other professors and myself, studying Pokémon, like the Charmander line very closely.

Charmeleons, are strong willed and very competitive, to the point of bordering violent. Young, inexperienced trainers, often go through hardships do to this juxtaposition and switch of the personalities of their Pokémon.

Bear in mind, this is not consistent across every single Charmander ever studied or observed.

Some Charmanders, show little change in personality, once they finally evolve.

But more consistently, their personality shifts to, what is referred to as a the Adolescent Phase.

Hmm? What do I mean by that?

            

Well, just as humans go through shifts in likes, or ways of behaving or their personalities due to their age.

A Pokémon will do the same.

During their Juvenile Phase, a first evolutionary line Pokémon, will show a sweet, almost childish or have a child like behavioral personality:

Which might translate to; playfulness. Exuberance and excessive energy. Tantrums. Selfish behavior. Or many other such aspects you might expect to find, similar to that of a human child of the age of five or ten.

This is also what makes the first evolutionary Pokémon, such ideal first Pokémon for beginner trainers; because their personalities tend to match very well.

This also is why and how, that, once a Pokémon evolves, it has such a profound effect on not only the Pokémon evolving, but on the trainers themselves.

What do I mean by that?

Well, Pokémon who have evolved into an Adolescent Phase, have the personalities of teenagers to young adults.

This is also very prevalent, inside the Charmander line, as a typical Charmeleon is: stubborn, prideful, competitive, bullheaded, temperamental, brash, and worst of all, rebellious.

Yes, there is no Pokémon, quite like a Charmeleon. They will test a trainer’s mettle more so, than any other Pokémon.

                       

It is often said, that a Charmeleon, will ignore or even, outright refuse a trainer’s orders, if they perceive that their trainer in inferior to itself.

So, what leads a Pokémon like a Charmander; who was once a faithful and loyal partner, to become a rebellious and disobedient punk?

Why, it may surprise you to hear this. But it is, the very same thing that leads human children to do the same thing when becoming teenagers.

               

Hormones.

               

After extensive research, along with analysis and testing, my fellow colleagues and I have deduced that, upon evolving. Pokémon undergo, not only a dramatic shift and change to their bodily structure, but a dramatic shift and increase in hormones.

This is especially prevalent, within the Charmander line, as, once they evolve into Charmeleons. They become notorious rebellious to their trainers.

Now, this isn’t the case for every Charmander line.

This is in fact, part of my very own research.

It has been documented by many of the trainers that have owned a Charmander, that almost thirty-nine percent of them, did not see a shift or large change in behavior, besides the typical increase of aggression and competitiveness.

And why is that you may be asking?

Well, to put it in simple terms, we do not know for certain.

But, observations and research has given us a very conclusion as to why.

            

We, of the Pokémon Behavioral Studies Group, believe that it has to do with the human element, just as much as the Pokémon element as well.

This is why Pokémon like Eevee, are fascinating for researchers; because of their nine different evolutionary forms.

Each and every one of its forms, has shown to have a differencing trait in personality, depending on its evolution.

Research is still being done, as to prove whether or not that Eevee, has any other forms, caused by other sorts of stimuli.

                         

For example,

             

An Eevee, who’s evolves at night, becomes an Umbreon; while one that evolves during the day, is a Espion.

Both of which, occur as a result of certain stimuli, as a result of their environment.

But oddly enough, we have also deduced, that it is a result of a trainer’s influence as well.

While the conditions of the time of day still make a difference. An Eevee in a trainer’s possession, have shown to evolve into either of these forms, (depending on the time of day), usually after a battle or other triggering stimuli.

Scientists and some of my fellow colleagues have suggested, that Eevee evolutions are based entirely on the time of day along with an occurrence of a strong stimulus that induces these changes.

Which I do believe to be true, and this hypothesis has been proven to be the case, in many of our field researchers findings, as they studied wild Eevees in natural environments.

But, I believe there is more to it than that. And this is proven by Eevee’s other evolution.

                    

Sylveon.

                   

This evolutionary track, is rarely documented to be found naturally out in the wild.

Scientists and my fellow researchers, have scrambled to find a way to prove that this Pokémon, is indeed, the result of an Eevee’s environment and surrounding stimuli.

But I have my doubts on all of this because of this single evolutionary line.

Sylveon is a very outlier Pokémon, in the fact that, it doesn’t seem to evolve out in the wild naturally. That an outside stimuli, seems to be the occurrence to this said evolution.

This has stumped my fellow colleagues for years, but I feel that it is much simpler than it may appear.

I believe, that this evolution, is something man made, so to speak.

While we have concluded the exact cause for the trigger of this evolution to occur, it still baffles other professors to no end.

And while I will not say I know the reasons why it needs these things in order to occur, one thing is clear.

That a human element, is a needed trait, for evolution in Pokémon to occur.

That is why Pokémon seemingly do not mind being taken in and captured by humans, because as a result, they are also given an opportunity to become stronger and to reach their pinnacle form.

                   

Now…. What was it that I was talking about before?….. something to do with Sylveon and Eevee? No! Wait! It was Umbreon!…. No! That’s not right!

Confound it!

Why is it that with age! You just seem to lose track of what it is that you were doing?……….

         

AH HA! That is it!

            

Age!

We were talking about age!

                      

……………………

          

Computer, make a note to remind me to edit this part out of my book…

      

*AHEM* A-As I was saying, at the beginning of this chapter. A Pokémon’s relative behavioral traits, are linked and tied to its evolutionary traits as well.

That is why, you will see a shift in personalities, not only depending on their species, but dependent on it’s evolutionary traits as well.

And each of these two points, are subject to the overall personality and disposition of the said Pokémon, as well.

While it shown that a Pokémon’s evolution does not effect the memories of the Pokémon.

But, in cases such as the Charmeleon, it is shown to change their perception of their memories: (much like how you remember things differently as an adult about yourself when you’re older, or how you can only vaguely remember how you felt about something that occurred to you as a child.).

A Charmeleon, will often evolve and rebel against its trainer, but this is not always the case.

This is usually caused because, after evolving, the Charmeleon, perceives its trainer as weaker than itself, which leads it to thinking of its memories as a Charmander, as something almost consistent and reminiscent of a human teenager. Who seemingly forgets that their parents love them, despite the fact that, the only thing that had changed for the individual, is the growth, slash, age of the person in question.

Usually, given time, a trainer’s own growth and determination oft influence a Charmeleon into becoming obedient again, as thus their relationship is restored back to, or better than it was before.

The Charmander line, is one of the best examples of this said personality shift and change.

Because it is very prevalent and prominent.

While this rebellious behavior can occur in any Pokémon, it is none more evident within the Charmander line.

This is why they are the most researched, along with Eevee, for these very occurrence.

               

As far as Elder Phases go, they are exactly as they sound.

They are the pinnacle of the species evolution, which is has traits and personalities resembling someone in their mid thirties.

As for a Charizard, this Pokémon too, will seemingly rebel against their trainer for a second time, if they think of their trainer as someone who is lesser than themselves.

But, incidentally, the final evolutionary track of any line, usually brings a certain maturity to the Pokémon, along with a more mild temperament.

This is obviously a broad spectrum of occurrences, and is not intended to be something to be judged on a case-by-case basis, but it does help to know, what it is that you need to watched out for, as a trainer.

But on a finer point regarding the Charizard evolution, it has been noted that, instead of a rebellious nature like Charmeleon. A Charizard is not actually rebelling, so to speak. They have just come into an adult understanding of the relationship between them and their trainer: which usually leads them into thinking of their trainer as nothing more than a child, if their trainer is still young by the time they evolve.

This is usually tempered and not seen with trainers who have long held the respect of their Charmader line Pokémon, since the beginning of their journey, or if the trainer is a little older. Which helps lead the Pokémon in accepting the orders given to them by their trainer.

But, as I have stated before, this is a case-by-case event between every individual Pokémon, because, not two Pokémon are alike. Not even the infamous Ditto.

Additionally, these changes in perception of the Charmander line, that occur in their evolution, much like how they might perceive their trainer as more worthy, the older the trainer is. A Charmander line will also have a more mellow temperament, depending on their actual age.

           

Which leads us to our next chapter.

                          

Chapter three: A Pokémon’s future.

        

Naturally, one of the very most popular questions asked by people is: how old is my Pokémon? And how long will they live for?

Regardless of the reason for someone’s question, the answer is never straight forward: it is all dependent on the Pokémon themselves.

         

Going back to our first Pokémon example; a Magnemite’s age is very well in the hundreds, or as young as fifty years.

Another frequently asked question is: does my Pokémon age regress during their evolution? Along with the question of: does that mean my Dugtrio can live forever? if they evolve right before they die of old age as a Diglett?

And in essence, they can’t.

While it is true that there is age regression on a Pokémon, once it evolves. The regression itself, is a minor one.

To put it into prospective:

A Charmander’s natural life span, is about fifteen to twenty years of life.

While a Charmeleon’s is about triple that; they share a life span not to un-similar to that of an average human lifespan.

While a Charizard’s range, is well into the hundred, to a hundred-and-fifty years of age.

So yes, while you could, theoretically have your Pokémon wait to Evolve to their next evolutionary line to wait out this so called, death, phenomenon. It is actually a cruel and considered abuse to a Pokémon to forgo their evolution.

There is also the fact, that a Pokémon has a natural window, for when they can evolve; otherwise, the Pokémon will lose it’s natural ability to do so.

So, the longer a trainer prevents this from happening and keeps their own Pokémon as a base evolution, the longer you’re condemning your Pokémon to die quickly of old age.

The age regression that occurs during an evolution, is sadly, an equivalency.

                        

The regression of age the Pokémon receives from evolution to their next form, is at best, one third of their total age.

In scientific terms, it means: that a Charmader, who lives to the average age of twenty, once they finally evolve into a Charmeleon; this said Charmeleon will have be at the equivalent age of its maximum lifespan as a Charmeleon, minus the age differential percentage of the Charmander’s maximum lifespan, onto the Charmeleon’s.

Which is why it is about a one third lifespan age regression, and why the life span of a Charmander is seemingly tripled, once it evolves.

The same mathematical occurrence happens with a Charmeleon and a Charazard; but instead of a third, it’s a half.

That is why, unless it is by the Pokémon’s consent, it is considered cruel, (yet not illegal), to force a Pokémon to evolve.

               

Some Pokémon do prefer their base forms, or are particularly keen and set to stay at a certain form.

But that is why, most Pokémon do not hesitate to evolve, because of the natural fear of old age; death.

It is natural for them, to want to evolve.

This is why it is important for trainers to help their Pokémon reach their ultimate form. Because, not only is it the natural course of the Pokémon itself, it is also the most humane thing to do.

But, the wishes of the Pokémon should also be respected, but it is also sometimes a sad fact to accept, if that Pokémon wishes to remain a certain evolution.

That is why it is also cruel, (but also not illegal) to forcefully evolve your Pokémon. (Depending on if they are able to evolve through such means).

           

But, back to a lighter note.

A Pokémon will retain a certain maturity, depending on their actual age, regardless of evolution.

For instance, Charmanders over the age of five, see a much more significant reduction in rebellion upon evolving into a Charmeleon: and almost eight-two precent of trainers have stated that, an older Charmander, that evolves into a Charmeleon, as a much more mild and mellow temperament, then that of a younger Charmander, who had freshly evolved into a Charmeleon.

              

So, as you can see… or I guess, have read in this case, that a Pokémon’s maturity, is both tied to their actual age and evolution.

          

Which I am happy to say, leads to a more happy and wondrous topic: our next chapter!

                         

Chapter four: A Pokémon’s Cycle.

                       

As we have previously discussed. A Pokémon’s mental age is very much tied to their evolution.

But, despite this, most Pokémon in the world, can lay an egg.

Including having inanimate Pokémon born from eggs.

Why is this?

                

This has had scientists and researchers, such as myself, baffled by the concept of Pokémon breeding for years now.

It is one of the most picked curriculum in universities across the globe, and also one of the most confounding and perplexing studies one will undertake.

For while we have seen many occurrences and have documented proof of eggs coming from Pokémon, who rightfully shouldn’t be able to have eggs, they are still able to produce them.

They seem to almost appear out of thin air.

While there are some Pokémon, who are made out of inanimate objects, actually have a noticeable defining trait, that has helped us as researchers separate males from females of a species.

These traits are often minuet and imperceptible to the average eye.

Scientists have concluded, after some extensive research on the topic, that we just do not know enough about how Pokémon are able to breed, to give any sort of concrete conclusion.

At best, all we have are theories.

One of which, a prevailing theory is: that Pokémon breed through just an exchange of cells. Then the “mother” species of the Pokémon, reproduces an egg, similar to that of mitosis.

None of which is confirmed, nor can we actually find a way to explain these occurrences.

For most Pokémon actually lack the genitalia to actually reproduce like humans.

More startling, is that Pokémon like ditto, need no, and have no said consistent genomes for reproduction.

They are able to change and reshape themselves at will, to suit the need of their partner they pair with.

                     

Some ethical groups have called into question, about using Dittos for such purposes, and they use of them for laying egg for research of becoming a means to reproduce certain Pokémon.

But I think they are short sighted on something.

These Pokémon have evolved, simply and explicitly, to be able to mimic and copy, any sort of Pokémon they are able to see.

Scientists have concluded, isn’t just as a means to camouflage or blend into a group.

For most Pokémon have an extraordinary sense of smell, and can often spot a Ditto, admits their group.

So? Why do other species allow Dittos to breed with them? Why do they not just stick to their own species?

Why is it? That they have the a physiology such as they do, to reproduce with any other species. Including those who are genderless in nature, such as itself.

                     

The only conclusion we researchers have come to is, that this is the way Ditto help the Pokémon world, to help spread the Pokémon genome, much like a Combee spreads pollen around to various plants; these Pokémon too, spead around the ever evolving and complex chromosomes and genomes of various Pokémon. Not only in order to help the Pokémon out in the world to not become stagnant in their breeding with each other, but also to help those Pokémon, who do not possess the means to copulate with another species, outside of Ditto.

                   

This also goes nicely into our next topic.

          

Chapter five: Egg Groups.

                           

Ah! The exciting world of Pokémon breeding.

While I’m no expert on the subject, I do know my way around it.

But, sadly, that is not something we will be diving on into as of today.

You’ll have to look up the name of the book, that I have recommend for you, in the back of this syllabus.

This is only the introductory of such things I’m afraid.

            

And I am going to share with you today, about what kinds of things to expect during your Pokémon’s heat and rut period.

                   

Most mammalian, reptilian, avian, amphibian, and aquatic types of Pokémon; along with many other types of non-organic Pokémon, experience a thing known as a heat. (Rut for males).

This can be broken down pretty simply by just saying that, during these periods, your Pokémon will be experience a need to release these frustrations with another Pokémon.

There are many sort of centers or daycares, for which you can ask for assistance for when such a thing happens, to allow your Pokémon to do what is natural for them, and to find a breeding partner.

Some Pokémon, do not even have a male of the same species in their evolutionary line, and either must rely on a Ditto to help satisfy them, or a another Pokémon, who is within the same egg group.

What is an egg group?

           

Much like a Pokémon’s type. An egg group is a category to identify what types of partners, your Pokémon will be able to breeding with, and also who will be interested in your Pokémon.

While a Pokémon can alleviate their rut or heat on their own, and it will pass in time: but, it is also dangerous and can cause very damaging problems to certain Pokémon, if they do not achieve release with a partner.

                   

Not seeking out a means to help alleviate your Pokémon, is very frowned upon.

It is no better than if you had left your Pokémon, out in an environment its body couldn’t comfortably stand for a long period of time, thus contracted a fever.

It is seen as a form of abuse.

               

That being said, if you can’t find another partner for your Pokémon, or are no where near a place where you can leave your Pokémon, who can help them alleviate their Heat, (Rut), then it is best to stay somewhere and shelter down until it passes.

Depending on your Pokémon, it may be unfit for battle at the time of its Heat. (Rut). It’s advised, that you do not battle with a Pokémon going through Heat (Rut). Because, depending on the Pokémon, it may have increased aggression, and therefore, may not heed your commands properly.

The worst thing you could do, is make your Pokémon do battle.

          

Just bunker down, let it pass, then continue on your journey.

Depending on the Pokémon.

This could take from anywhere as long as a day, to as long as two weeks.

                  

To go back a bit, to talk about a previous Pokémon we were discussing earlier: The Charmander line has interesting Heat (Rut) patterns.

        

A Charmander’s Heat (Rut), cycles are about once, every year or so.

Pokémon of the Juvenile persuasion, tend to have a slower cycles than their evolutionary counter parts.

As such,

A Charmeleon’s Heat (Rut) cycle, is about every six months.

Where as a Charizard, is about every three.

This is also an example, that most Pokémon, big or small, can experience Heat (Rut). That only a few are Pokémon out there, have no actual sort of ability to feel or go into said Heat (Rut).

The only exceptions to these Pokémon, are what we classify as the step before Juvenile, which is the infant category.

Their aren’t many of these types of Pokémon out there, that fall into the infant category.

But there are a few.

When you get the chance, I highly recommend a dual authored book by two colleagues of mine.

They are two well know Pokémon breeding specialists.

            

Professor Philena Ivy and Doctor Brock Takeshi.

          

Their book, is what I would suggest reading, for I am of the opinion, that they are the foremost breeding specialists in the world.

The only other thing I feel comfortable imparting into this, for those who do not know, is the knowledge of the different types of egg groups.

To learn more of this subject, I would either consult your local professor, obtain the book I have suggested, or, if all else fails, ask your PokéDex.

Never forget trainer.

Your PokéDex, is your most valuable tool, for knowledge on Pokémon.

                      

{Egg Groups}

{Amorphous}

{Bug}

{Ditto}

{Dragon}

{Fairy}

{Field}

{Flying}

{Grass}

{Human-Like}

{Mineral}

{Monster}

{Undiscovered Egg Type}

{Water 1}

{Water 2}

{Water 3}

          

These are the fifteen different types of egg groups that you’ll encounter out there.

One of the important things to remember is this: even if your Pokémon may not look like it should be able to breed with another Pokémon or of that type, doesn’t mean it can’t.

Much like a Pokémon’s typing: a Pokémon may be in, up to two different egg groups.

This is why researchers and breeders are confused, as to how a Skitty and a Wailord, can even create an egg together.

That being said, new discoveries are being made everyday, so, I suspect that soon, this book will probably need a revision or two, or entirely rewritten.

And with that, we have come to the end of the chapter.

And the next chapter, we will be discussing: battling!

                     

                         

                          

                             

          

             

*THWAP*

Jennifer slammed the book shut as soon as she read what that nutty professor has said what was next.

“Hard pass.” She deadpanned as she stared up from the book, to look at her room.

Jennifer looked to see that light was starting to show, outside her window.

       

She looked down at the peaceful sleeping form of her Pokémon partner.

Jennifer smiled at Ralts, but then remembered the words from the book, and grew curious about what group Ralts fell into.

         

Jennifer put the book down and then reached inside for the PokéDex she had received the other day.

As she pointed it towards Ralts she heard the telltale familiar chime. Followed by a robot, electronic voice.

          

“#RALTS.

The Feeling Pokémon.

Ralts is the pre-evolved form of Kirlia. This Pokémon, uses the horns on its head, to sense the feelings and intent of others.

It will usually stay hidden from humans or others that mean it harm. But comes out, if it senses the positive feelings of others nearby.#”

            

“Okay?… basic stuff,” Jennifer shrugged. “What is Ralts’s egg group?”

        

“#Ralts’s Egg Group, is registered and known within two groupings: Amorphous, and Human-Like.#”

               

Oh?

Jennifer thought surprised.

I know what… scratch that. I can guess, what Human-Like is, but what does Amorphous mean? What other Pokémon fall under that group?

“List off other Pokémon in the Amorphous egg group, please.”

        

“#Here is the list you requested.#”

*BE-BEEP*

      

Jennifer perused through the list of possible other Pokémon that fell within Ralts’s category.

Her face losing more and more color the farther down the list she read.

        

She closed the PokéDex and threw in back into her bag.

She then crawled over and curled up behind Ralts. Huddling close to, and protectively over her.

“I promise Ralts!” Jennifer whispered assuredly to the sleeping Feeling Pokémon. “Not a single one of those Pokémon will ever get close to you!”

24