Story #1 Chapter #6 Route #1
192 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five years has passed since his meeting with Ayami Himiki.

Harukin is now 12 years old, but he has the same look as when he was 7.

His mana reserves has increased tremendously over the years, even surpassing his previous highest and is still increasing by the day.

As time passes, the growth factor itself will increase, and at some point, the speed of increase will be so much that it'll be incalculable.

Harukin is looking forward to that time.

Anyway, he now has slightly more mana than the original Gojo Satoru. It may seem like a long time, but don't forget that the energy here is mana, not cursed energy, which is inherently more pure and difficult to control so it's a wonder that he has so much reserves when he's still barely over 12 year old.

Over the years, he went to a few cities by increasing his height and acting as a grown-up. Of course, he genjutsu'd anyone who asked him about his ID.

He stole money from a few spiritual ability users and purchased blank talismans, fuinjutsu'd them with various spells and jutsus, and sold it to Ayami Himiki.

According to her, 'Your inscription method is unique so it has a high value, both as a collectible and for surprise attacks. Coupled with the fact that it's also more effective and stable than those found in the market, as well as the sheer diversity and production speed of the talismans you're offering, it's only normal that you'd have big success in the talisman industry.'

So he went under the alias of King Haloxis and made many talismans with the help of Jutsu Library, earning him a huge sum of money.

In fact, if not for the Himiki clan's support, his true identity would've been revealed and he would've been captured as a personal talisman-factory of some random clan. He's slightly grateful to Ayami for lending him support, but she claims she's just doing it for profit and privacy is something basic in business. He still remembered her help. If not for her, he'd not have as many connections and information as he has now.

After learning about Seven Major Yin-Yang Master families, the three major samurai families, the two major ninja factions, and the Himiki Judging Clan, the powerhouses of this world and the extent of their powers, he was greatly astonished.

And he learned that the place he was living in, Sakura Island, is only one part of the world. It's basically Japan of this world, but since it's the center of the world's superpowers, it has a high influence.

-Info Dump-

Yin-Yang Masters: They have a Yin-Yang seal which boosts them massively, as well as seals spirits in their Spirit-branded retainers, boosting their own powers.

Spirit-branded Retainers: They house the spirits sealed by the Yin-Yang seal, and borrow the spirit's powers to fight alongside their masters.

Samurais and Ninjas are self-evident. Do note that shinobi arts and ninja arts are very different. The jutsu system of the both just don't match up, although the basics are similar.

Himiki Judging Clan: The name itself suggests it. The whole world considers them worthy enough to allow them call themselves a 'Judging Clan'. What more is needed to be said? They also offer a wide range of services, from offering places of negotiations, mediating conflicts, and even taking part in many businesses. Basically, they are a big clan.

-Info Dump End-

Moreover, he learned about the greatest Yin-Yang Master in history, Seimei Kamijou, who is said to have 12 highest-ranked Spirit-branded retainers. He's the strongest in this world, both in the past and the present. Harukin felt that there was a person who has achieved ROB-level powers, it has to be him.

He also searched for what happened in the past. About Hana Haruta, and about who saved him.

When he asked Ayami about Hana Haruta, he was told that she is the youngest daughter of the Haruta family, one of the Seven Major Yin-Yang Master families.

After learning about the background of the one who saved him, Yui Haruta, he was relieved, as well as slightly worried.

Why did someone as influential and powerful as Hana Haruta and Yui Haruta, get involved with a weak pleb like him?

Did they notice his potential and want to take him in as a Spirit-branded retainer? It's possible. But he's not interested in being restricted as someone's slave, so he ignored them for now.

He can't pay them back even if he is asked to. And in the first place, he didn't need any saving. His Regeneration EX would've worked extra hard and it probably would've taken more time to cooldown and become active again, but he wouldn't be in any mortal danger. Tch. Now he'd have to watch out for an opportunity to repay their unnedded 'favor'. Although Harukin is selfish and a social recluse, he didn't want to be ungrateful, after all.

But it's fishy how he wasn't found out after all these years. Since the Haruta sisters have such a huge background, surely he would've been discovered at some point? He can only attribute it to the Himiki clan's protection.

'Meeting Ayami at that time is surely a good thing. Although I ended up revealing a part of my power in exchange, it's a fair deal since I earned money, connections, and protection.'


Harukin is roaming around the street of a city somewhere in Sakura Island.

His hair grew over the years, although his height didn't. He didn't bother to cut it though, growing it as a sign of his age. Every time he looks at his hair, he'll be reminded of the time he spent living in this world.

Since he regained his full powers a year ago, he sealed his Rikugan with hanafuda-style Fuinjutsu talisman earrings so that he could learn Haki.

He was astounded when he learned that there's Haki knowledge in the Necronomicon. Why, he doesn't know. But he'd be damned if he didn't learn that sweet sweet Haki, so he's living everyday with a blindfold and fuinjutsu talisman earrings.

He is now roaming around the street, purchasing ingredients for his cooking hobby. He learned to cook as he was bored staying around doing nothing.

The entertainment industry of this world isn't developed much. There are anime, manga, lightnovels and games, but the industry itself isn't as dominant as it was in his first life. He wrote a few original novels, and even published them, earning himself some fame in the otaku circles. He sometimes draws illustrations, but isn't interested in drawing manga. The commitments necessary for drawing manga isn't something he's willing to undertake.

After buying all the ingredients he needed, he went inside his residence, a small house near the outskirts, and started to cook.

Soon, there was a pleasant aroma filling the whole residence.

There were a few passerby who fell into stupor upon smelling this aroma, but they soon somehow ignored it and carried on, courtesy of a fuinjutsu seal he set up to avoid strangers visiting his house all the time.

He finished cooking and arranged the food on the kotatsu table, and started eating it while watching the TV.

It's December 31st so it'll be New Year's in a few hours.

He decided to spend his time watching the TV till then.

While he is absentmindedly watching the TV and eating, the doorbell rang.

He grumbled but he still went outside and opened the door.

What greeted him is the familiar sight of Ayami's aura. He's still blindfolded and so he primarily identifies people by their aura. It's difficult to remember people's aura but there's only one person whose aura he remembered so he didn't mind.

"Oh... I was wondering just who was lonely enough to come to my house, of all things, in the New Year's eve, but it's just an Ayami. Why are you here?" He asked.

It might sound slightly rude, but she's already used to his way of speaking. She knows he didn't mean anything bad, at least he didn't mean anything bad when he's talking to her. If it was a stranger, he'd outright ignore them, or talk to them formally. If he's irritated, he talks in a condescending and disdainful manner. He addresses himself as 'This King' and has a strong wall around his heart. Over the years, she tried repeatedly to get more closer to him, and all such attempts ended in failure.

While thinking that she'd educate him to respect her if only she were stronger, she went inside the house.

"Let me crash at your place today." She said. She started visiting his house a few years ago when they formed a partnership, and has been visiting his place frequently. 'It's so peaceful and cozy at your place that I just can't stop myself from relaxing whenever I visit.', is what she said.

She still has that husky following around her, which barked a little at Harukin and followed after her inside.

"Tch. Damn dog. One day when I learn Conqueror's Haki, I'll teach you how to respect the strong." He threated the dog with a low voice.

Ayami heard his muttering, but chose to not comment on how arguing with a dog is idiotic. It's already normal for her.

'Idiot. Stop arguing with a dog and making a fool of yourse-' She paused while thinking.

"Did you cook something? Thanks in advance~" With that, she ran inside and started eating his food that he painfully cooked for himself.

She ate while giving off such intense blissful vibes that Harukin simply didn't wish to interrupt.

He gave her an accusatory glance, and said "I'll charge you for that meal. Be grateful that you are the only one in the world who gets to eat this king's personal cooking."

"Ma~ ma~, don't fuss about the details. It's New Year's, why don't you just count it as a celebratory gift? You won't get a girlfriend if you're like that, you know? Although, with that small body of yours, it's doubtful if you'd ever get a girlfriend." She spoke, which earned her a flying pillow that she promptly blocked with a spiritual barrier.

"I don't need a girlfriend. Weak plebs like that and dramatic romance would only end up becoming useless baggage. Also, if not because you are my business partner, I would've long cut off contact with you." He said.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say. Let's see how you'll act after puberty hits. Aren't you twelve this year? It should start anytime now." She spoke with barely concealed mirth in her tone.

"Hah, I'm already disillusioned with the world. In addition, I've already gotten over the pleasures of the flesh, so me getting a girlfriend is never happening." Harukin spoke while snatching a few things from her plate.

"You say that all the time. Also, are you challenging me?" She spoke while snatching the food Harukin snatched.

Of course, it evolved into a full-blown food war between the two, which ended in Harukin's victory. It's a given that the both of them didn't use any superpowers, but Harukin's control over his hands earned him an edge in the battle.

"Hah~, so peaceful. If only I have a boyfriend here instead of a stuck-up kid, it'll be perfect."

"If only there's no ungrateful grumbling old lady beside me, it'll be perfect."

The both looked at each other for a while and just choose to keep silent and comment no more.

"For your information, I'm only eighteen this year. Still young." She spoke after a long while.

"Why are you saying that to me? Stop making excuses. Admit it, you're a hungry bitch in heat who hadn't dated a single person in her past eighteen years of existence and is desperate enough to complain to a child who's barely old enough to understand these things." He mocked.

"The way you're speaking suggests that you're not the unsuspecting naive child you claim to be. Also, shouldn't you be more concerned about your own growth rather than commenting about me?" She countered.

The both of them looked at each other and sighed. Finally, peace fell upon the two, with both sides hurt. They used the silence, the slight background noise of the TV and the warmth of the kotatsu to mend their broken hearts and weary souls.

Like that, time continued to pass, until the clock turned turned 11:59 pm.

"Everyone, let's start counting to the New Year!..."

There were firecrackers visible through the windows.

While enjoying the peace, the both of them started counting along with the host of the show.

"3..

2...

1..."

"Happy New Year!"

The clock ticked.

And... a loud boom sounded.

And electricity got cut off.

The whole country instantly turned dark.

Harukin felt as if something passed by. The Necronomicon in the depths of his soul resonated with something.

He felt slightly hot, not in his body, but in the depths of his soul. But it went away as soon as it came.

The ringing in his ears from the explosion earlier, the after-effects, the mild headache. It all went away as soon as it came.

It was almost as if what happened just now was merely an illusion. The faint screaming he's hearing from outside, as well as the cut-off electricity being the only proof that it truly happened.

"Did you... feel it just now? As if something passed by?" Harukin asked.

"I did. It seems something big happened. Just who is crazy enough to cast such a huge spell?" Ayami said.

The mystical society generally hides from the normal humans. It was more so for their own person interest rather than anything dramatic.

If there's anyone daring enough to try to expose the mystical society to the ordinary world, they'd instantly become target #1 of the whole mystical society. Even the humongous organizations like the Seven Yin-Yang Master Clans can't handle the repercussions arising due to that.

But now, there's someone who cast a wide area-of-effect spell and influenced a huge area. It's unthinkable just who is crazy enough to do such a thing, and what their motivations for doing it could be.

"I need to go-" Ayami said, only to discover that Harukin has already disappeared from his place.

"Of course, the ever-curious. Sigh, I'll have a huge workload now. Damn crazy bastards, whoever it was." She complained and went outside to attend her duties as a member of the Himiki clan.

Character development, time skip, Harukin's only friend and the development of their friendship, Harukin's recovery over his post-apotheosis weakness period, as well as his involvement in the mystical society, his hobby, some tropes, and the Midnight Spell.

We've covered so much plot in this single chapter. It came out good, especially at the ending. I'm satisfied, though if I'm in the mood, I'll rewrite this chapter and publish a better version as Route #2 sometime in the future.

Please look forward to the next chapter~

I'm excited to write the next chapter because *spoiler spoiler*

Well then, adios amigos.

до свидания
Yours sincerely
The most perfect being to ever exist, Level9ROB

6