Story #1 Chapter #7 Route #1
164 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After making sure that there is nothing wrong with his body, spirit and soul, as well as checking Ayami for anything amiss, Harukin teleported a few miles above his house.

He removed his blindfold and Fuinjutsu talisman earrings, opened a Kamui space and hid them inside. He'd been using kamui as a personal dimension of sorts.

He opened his eyes and scanned his surroundings briefly, concluding that the mana itself is experiencing a change. It's as if it has come alive. If it's like a docile stream previously, it's now evolving rapidly into something much bigger, something much untamable, something very different from how it has been. It's almost as if it has awakened from a deep slumber, and has come alive.

"There has to be a trigger for this awakening mana phenomenon. But the problem is that I can't deduce what it is. Then it must either mean that I'm not strong enough, or that this phenomenon is large enough to evade my sensing range. I'm leaning towards both of them being true. Then, my current action should be... damage reduction. But I can't do it for free. I'll ask the Himiki clan for some compensation."

The cellphones stopped working, so Harukin took out a talisman from his kamui space and injected mana into it. Soon, he heard Ayami's voice.

"What is it? I'm busy." She sounded hurried.

"Do you want my help? I can see many, uh, demon spirits, ghosts, ghouls, yokai, and stuff like that propping up just about everywhere."

After a brief silence, she answered, "Sure. We will compensate you handsomely after this is over, so just do whatever it is you can do."

"Good."

With that, the connection was cut off.

Harukin summoned an army of shadow monsters, totaling to a few hundred, and ordered them, "Save as many people as you can, and try not to get noticed unless it's an emergency." There were flying monsters types but these are not suitable for stealth missions so sent them back. He can do more, like using a massive area-of-effect genjutsu and then using some mega spells to kill every monster that crops up, but he's hesitant to reveal his full prowess. He didn't want to reveal all his cards. Ayami already knows that he can summon shadow soldiers so it's okay to be used. It's just that the number of summons isn't something she would've guessed.

"Well, I did what I promised to. They should compensate me for helping with the work of a few hundred, right? Whatever."

Harukin concentrated on detecting any anomalies his summons can't handle, and swiftly went about eliminating them one by one.

Of course, he wore a mask, changed his hair color with a spell, and changed into a battle-outfit so as to avoid identifying himself.

He even casted a few spells on himself to give anyone who looks at him a false impression of his body outline. It's like a passive genjutsu in the form of a spell.

After that, he worked himself moderately till the phenomena died down.

After contacting Ayami and explaining his situation, as well as inquiring a few things, he cut off his connection, and teleported himself to his house.

He changed into a pajama, put on a blindfold, wore fuinjutsu talisman earrings, and started the TV.

Electricity was recovered a few minutes ago, and all news channels are now flooded with reports about the blackout, as well as strange phenomenon that a few people claimed to have encountered, as well as reports about superpowered individuals battling monsters and saving people.

Of course, the monsters and anything supernatural was written off as false reports and fake claims to create chaos.

'It seems the mystical society is overworking itself to cover up the incidents. They should be scrambling about to find out who is responsible for casting such a large spell.' Harukin thought.

Harukin doesn't have anyone he's particularly close to, with the exception of Ayami, so he's not worried about anything. Rather, this situation is only making him excited. After all, he knows that this isn't the work of a spell or something, rather it's a kind of natural phenomena. It's just like sleeping and waking up. Mana has been asleep for all this time, so it's waking up now. He might be wrong.

Although the awakening of mana itself is a natural phenomena, if there's someone who 'caused' the mana to awaken from its slumber, then it's a different story. Not like he'd care either way. He only needs to train and become stronger as quick as possible.

Harukin is excited. It's like he's watching the generation change at a very past pace.

Ayami called him at some point and informed him about a few things. After sending her the full report of his deeds as well as his observations, he received compensation from the Himiki clan. He can only say that they're very magnanimous after looking at the final figure.

Although Harukin was excited about the 'awakening of mana', and the world is ushering in a chaotic period, his lifestyle didn't change much. He just spent the day watching TV, practicing and trying out new cooking recipes, and lazing about.

The internet has termed the demon appearances phenomena as 'The Night Of Hundred Demons' and are making a big fuss about it. Harukin expected that the mystical society will take some time to control these posts. After all, they can't control the whole world.

Like that, the day ended and night came. When it's almost midnight, Harukin waited with bated breath and slight anticipation, wondering if what happened yesterday would repeat itself.

And repeat, it did.

So went working again. This time, he slowly inspected the changes taking place, and discovered strange spatial distortions in many places.

These distortions are similar to dimensional portals, but are fundamentally different, in that they are not entirely composed of spatial phenomena. There's something mystifying about it.

After inspecting more clearly, he concluded that these distortions lead to a space with different spiritual rules, which allow for a wide range of phenomena to take place. After confirming that his personal help is not needed to deal with the problems in the city, he shifted in front of one of the distortions in the sky, looking forward to the adventure awaiting him. He's now immortal, so even though he might be stuck in that place forever, since those realms seems to possess mana, he'd live forever using the mana there. At some point or the other, he'd find a way back home. That, he is sure of.

He jumped into the biggest portal in the city, which is floating a few meters above the sky in front of him, without any hesitation whatsoever. He wanted to inform Ayami about it, but ultimately refrained from doing so. He'd miss her, sure, but he'd not let any feelings interfere with his decisions.

What he didn't notice is that, after he jumped into the portal, it changed subtly. Had Harukin been a little less enthusiastic, he would've noticed something wrong with the portal, but alas, he didn't.


It's adventure time~

Let's see how his adventure goes.

He's just like a curious child wondering about  the unknown, and after the apotheosis, he gained confidence that he'd survive anything as long as he has mana, which led him to take the actions that he did in this chapter.

Look forward to the next chapter!

Yours sincerely

The bestest author in the whole world, Level9ROB.

6