Story #1 Chapter #8 Route #1
161 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is my first chapter explaining combat so keep that in mind. I'll try to write as best as I could, but if you notice plot holes, grammatical errors, usage of wrong phrases, etc., please don't hesitate to comment about it. I greatly appreciate your help. It truly helps me grow as an author.

Harukin opened his eyes and scanned his surroundings.

He is in a customized battle oriented skin-tight suit, which allegedly offers many benefits, like increased mana regeneration, recovery, increased mana circulation speed, spell defense, etc. Although most of these functions are useless to him, he still bought it becausewhy not? Having cool battle suits is a man's romance.

He discovered that he's in the middle of nowhere, in space.

There's nothing here. Just space. Not even stars. If not because he can see mana with his Rikugan, he would've assumed there's truly nothing here.

But since he has Rikugan, he can clearly see 'it'. A monster so large that it easily measures a few hundred miles. Compared to it, he can only be called a 'speck of dust' in the truest sense.

But that's not its' most prominent feature.

Because it's not any ordinary monster. It's a monster full of mana, seemingly made of mana. It looks just what he assumed a Tailed Beast looks like. A beast made of chakra, is what a Tailed Beast is, and what he's aiming to become with the help of The Apotheosis fuinjutsu formation. Of course, there's differences, but the general idea of his Apotheosis Fuijutsu Formation is the same. What's in front of him was the perfect representation of the goal of the Apotheosis seal, his first step in becoming Omnipotent. It'll take him a few decades to becoming something like that, even with the help of The Apotheosis.

And such a monstrosity is now in front of him, expressing hostility.

What was he to do in such a situation, when escaping and peace were never an option?

He did the only thing he can think of.

Fight.

He casted the Gate of Babylon rip off at it, testing the waters.

Of course, the monster ignored such a weak spell like it didn't even scratch it.

Seemingly enraged, it roared, generating waves of mana.

A single roar has sent the mana of the surrounding few hundred miles into disarray.

Harukin teleported out of the range of its roar, and started another spell.

'Since it's made of mana, sealing it with Enkidu (Fuinjutsu version) should work. Though, the time it'll be sealed is uncertain.'

He made a few hand signs and casted the Enkidu Jutsu. This time, a large number of mana-based chains, engraved with fuinjutsu seals, appeared all around the monster and bound it.

The monster started to thrash about violently, trying to escape the chains binding it.

It didn't take even a second for the chains to start cracking, and showed signs of breaking.

Harukin, meanwhile, is busy casting another spell.

This time, he used a large reserve of his mana and casted the Domain Expansion: Infinite Void.

Of course, since the monster is very large, the domain became extremely large, so he just cast an elementary domain, allowing it to envelop the whole monster. This drained his reserves even further to an alarming degree but he ignored it.

'While this domain expansion will only keep the monster in a more sealed-like state, unlike the original catatonic state when casted in a limited space, it still helps keep the monster in check.'

Harukin went near the now-bound monster, and pulled his hand back, preparing to hit it.

He has been practicing Tsunade's super-strength jutsu, as well as the timing of Black Flash. He concentrated to a high degree, almost ignoring everything around him. The supermassive Domain Expansion consumed almost all his mana reserves so this will be his best shot at killing the monster.

He used every strengthening jutsu he can think of, Lightning cloak, Fire cloak, Wind Cloak, Water Cloak, Earth Cloak, Sage Mode, body enhancement spells, and all sorts of spells.

'I need to make this one shot count. The monster wouldn't allow itself to be ambushed another time, and even if it did, I don't have enough reserves to cast another Domain Expansion.'

With giving his strongest punch as his only target, he punched out with all he has.

The Black Flash appeared, damaging the better part of the monster's body.

'Huh, after all that, it still didn't die. Guess it's stronger than a Tailed Beast after all.'

The monster is regenerating fast, but since it's so massive the regeneration is taking time.

The monster freed itself from the chains and hit him when he's distracted due to the after-effects of the punch, sending him flying through tens of miles before coming to a stop.

It then instantly teleported itself before him and hit him again, sending him flying again.

Harukin tried to teleport elsewhere and take control of the fight, but the monster was still stronger, faster, and more responsive than him.

He tried all sorts of jutsus, mindfuckery and soulfuckery spells, as well all sorts of things, only to get disappointed that whatever he did, he's not damaging the monster enough to make it count.

The first wound the monster suffered from his punch is regenerating at a visible pace, and if he didn't do anything before it's fully recovered, he'd be done for.

Regeneration EX may regenerate him infinite times, but it's not an instant regeneration. His injuries are piling up, his mana reserves have long since ran dry, and he's now a vegetable waiting to be done in by the monster.

Moreover, a monster of this scale should possess strong absorbing capabilities. If it has a skill that allows it to digest even souls, then he'd be irredeemable. He'll die in the truest sense. At least in this world. Of course, a certain Level9ROB may just send him to another world after dying.

When his thoughts reached that point, that he might die again, he stilled.

The monster hit him again, but he ignored it.

'Wait, if I die, then I'd not be able to enjoy the peaceful life I've been leading for the past 12 years. I've used all my karma to get the skills I have today so the ROB will definitely send me on a mission so that I can accumulate karma. Who knows when my karma will be enough to enjoy peace again? No, I can't die. I DONT WANT TO DIE! NO!'

He definitely doesn't want to experience his previous two lives again. And slowly accumulating karma enough to be equal to saving two worlds will definitely be a more worse torture. Who knows when he might go insane?

Harukin is breaking down.

'Please... I don't want to die... Anyone... Please help...'

His prayers went unanswered, and the monster is still toying with him. The only reason he's still alive after all that thrashing he'd suffered is because of his Regeneration EX skill which is slowly getting overworked.

He was toyed with for an unknown amount of time by the monster. At the end of it all, he stopped thinking about anything.

His thoughts reached a standstill due to the sheer despair he's facing.

His pleas slowly turned into something else.

Desire to survive.

'Since I'll die anyway, I'll try one last time. Even if I have to die, I'll bring you down with me!'

Ignoring the pain, he lifted his arm. After not using mana for a long time, it has regenerated enough to use a few jutsus. Normal jutsus won't work anymore. And he tried all jutsus he can think of, so the regenerated mana is basically useless to deal with the monster.

But there's still one thing he can do.

It was an inspiration he derived from many anime, manga and light novels.

Suicide-type jutsu.

He overloaded his mana network and tried to do a  double suicide along with the mosnter.

'Let's die, you monster.'

Although his mana reserves are incomparable to the mosnter, his mana network itself is of top quality. In fact, the mana network is the most perfect and proudest work he created till date. The Apotheosis mana network. Something that has the potential to allow him to one day possess an infinite level of mana. The monster may be a beast of mana, but it's nowhere comparable to something capable of infinity.

While his mana network is getting slowly overcharged, he thought over what happened in the past 12 years.

He didn't meet many new people. Hana Haruta, the nurse, the shady doctor, and Ayami Himiki are about the only ones he bothered to remember.

'In the end, I didn't get to know why Yui Haruta saved me, and also didn't get to repay her and Hana. I also didn't say goodbye to Ayami. Surely, she'd be sad with my disappearance. Or maybe not. But it doesn't matter now.'

His mana network is now at the bring of exploding.

He casted one last Enkidu at it, blindly casting Enkidu multiple times, ignoring the damage of casting the Jutsu when his mana network is overloaded.

After a long time, when Harukin is almost on the verge of losing control over his mana network overload, the monster was caught. He sealed the monster with Enkidu and covered its whole body. Of course, it was only possible because his mana network is now overloaded, but even that takes an incredible degree of control and skill, showcasing his diligent practice over the years.

'It's over now, monster. Even if I'm only an ant compared to you, you'd still die at my hands.'

He prepared to just release the control of overload, but he was suddenly stuck with an idea.

As soon as the idea formed in his mind, it filled his entire mind.

'I'll die either way, so let's do a last experiment.'

He directed the mana network overload of his entire body into his hand, and prepared to punch the monster. Of course, he'd die either way when he releases control, but he still has a slight hope that a part of his body can survive, allowing him to regenerate and live on again.

His slowly eliminated all his thoughts, and pulled his hand back.

His hand slowly turned black as a result of Armament and Conqueror's Haki, and slowly, a few lightning-like arcs appeared all over his hand.

Yes, his last experiment is to control the Black Flash. Due to the fierce clash of mana within his hand, his flesh rubbed against each other, producing a black flash all over his hand. The degree of control required to do such a thing, as well as the mental overload it causes would induce anyone to insanity. Even Harukin is not exempt from it, as evidenced by the fact that he lost control for the first time since the fight started.

His hand inched closer and closer to the monster.

Perhaps sensing the danger, the monster tried to get away, but the chains have bound it very tight and since it's incapable of using any Enkidu-sealed mana, it can't teleport away.

This moment seemed like an eternity, as well as an instant. Harukin's blackened hand inched closer and closer to the monster.

And...

It was all over in a flash. A Black Flash.

The realm itself got flooded with black flashes everywhere.

In front of the black fist, the monster was extinguished.

The mana got extinguished.

Everything, eve the laws itself got extinguished.

Including Harukin.


.

...

......

...........

.......................

.....................................

Harukin woke up.

'Did I come to the afterlife again? Where's the ROB?'

And when he opened his eyes, he was astonished.

A black hand. With black flashes dancing around it.

A mana-overload concentrated hand, coupled with Armament Haki and Conqueror's Haki, as well as black flash.

He quickly took control of the mana and gave a quick survey of the situation.

'Uh, did I time travel to the past somehow? Just how did that happen?'

His thoughts didn't last long, because he is quickly losing control of his hand.

'Let's think about it some other time. For now, it seems like I was given another chance. But from this situation, how could I change the outcome? It's not like I have any better option.... Wait...'

'Maybe I could try to make this technique more powerful? Hmm, I could. Let's try.'

So he went over his memories, included a few other spells and jutsus he knows of in the black hand, like the Elemental Cloaks, Senjutsu chakra, Tsunade's punch, soul attacks, spiritual attacks, and other types of jutsus.

'Just why didn't I think of this before? I only infused Haki and Black Flash into my punch. It was kinda dumb of maybe. Well, I was concentrating that much before so I can't blame myself. Whatever, even if I was given another chance, the outcome is still set in stone. Here goes nothing.'

And he punched.

This moment seemed like an eternity, as well as an instant. Harukin's blackened hand inched closer and closer to the monster.

And...

It was all over in a flash. A Black Flash.

The realm itself got flooded with black flashes everywhere.

In front of the black fist, the monster was extinguished.

The mana got extinguished.

Everything, eve the laws itself got extinguished.

Including Harukin.


.

...

......

...........

.......................

.....................................

Harukin woke up.

'Uh, again? Really?'

Due to the experience from his previous time, he quickly regained control of his blackened hand, and infused the hand with the same jutsus as last time.

'Uh, why is this happening? Wait, maybe the ROB of this world, Seimei Kamijou is helping me? It's possible, but why?'

He felt as if he saw something, no, someone, but he just chalked it up to his hallucination of Seimei Kamijou.

'Whatever. It doesn't matter anyway. But let's try the experiment further.

He extended the range of the blackened hand, this time a little further in his body, and did his best to control it.

When he's no longer able to control it, he punched.

This moment seemed like an eternity, as well as an instant. Harukin's blackened hand inched closer and closer to the monster.

And...

It was all over in a flash. A Black Flash.

The realm itself got flooded with black flashes everywhere.

In front of the black fist, the monster was extinguished.

The mana got extinguished.

Everything, eve the laws itself got extinguished.

Including Harukin.


.

...

......

...........

.......................

.....................................

Harukin woke up.

Due to experience from the previous times, he silently went over the standard procedure.

He didn't think of any useless theories like last time, and only concentrated on extending the range of the blackening further into his body.

When he's no longer able to control it anymore, he punched out.

This moment seemed like an eternity, as well as an instant. Harukin's blackened hand inched closer and closer to the monster.

And...

It was all over in a flash. A Black Flash.

The realm itself got flooded with black flashes everywhere.

In front of the black fist, the monster was extinguished.

The mana got extinguished.

Everything, eve the laws itself got extinguished.

Including Harukin.


.

...

......

...........

.......................

.....................................

Harukin woke up.

He went over the standard procedure, and punched out.

Everything got extinguished.

And he again woke up.

This happened again, and again, and again.

It was repeated countless times.

Until Harukin did the standard procedure almost instinctually. He didn't have any thoughts in his mind. He already became numb to dying and reviving repeatedly. So he stopped thinking just about anything that's not controlling the blackening further and punching out.

In that strange state of mind, he repeated the same procedure countless times.

Until, at some point, his whole body was covered in black. His iris turned red. He grew a pair of horns on his forehead, his ears became longer, and he grew a devil-like pointed tail. He grew to a full 200cm, and gained lean muscles all over his body. His long white shiny hair turned bright red, long enough to reach his knees.

He looked just like a demon king. His presence alone is proclaiming himself to be the king. And the pressure he gave is immense enough to twist the space around him.

With indifference in his eyes, void of any emotion or thought, he lifted his hand with practiced ease.

And he punched.

This time, similar to countless times before, everything was extinguished.

But there was a difference.

Not everything was extinguished.

HE, survived.


Phew, writing is a tough job. I've edited the explanation many times, thinking how to express my imagination to the readers better.

This chapter is meant to give our sweet sweet MC a power up. It explains the process of how he gained what he did.

This is also a character development chapter. He went from wishing for help, to insanely trying to suicide, to taking his fate into his own hands. He went from despair to hope.

He also realized that the things he ignored, the bonds he forged, are the only things he remembered before his death.

Look forward to the next chapter~

Yours sincerely

The Most Amazing Person Ever, Level9ROB

5