Chapter 17
385 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alec’s Pov

 

Man, I felt like the biggest idiot in the world! I had forgotten my father, my home and had not been able to protect my mother…I had even tried to get justice for the man who had killed my unborn sibling…

Shock…I was in shock…

I was also disappointed in myself…

How the hell had I thought that arsehole was my father and that he deserves justice, was completely beyond me!

But I could no longer hide the scary part that was hidden inside of me…

…It had been me! I had shot him!

I vaguely remember that night now. It was raining and scary.

I was blaming him, crying loudly, and I was so angry…So angry!

Having had a nightmare about the past of my mother, I think I had been somewhat still half asleep, and in my memories, because I had already forgotten the past, not long after my mum died.

I knew where the gun was, because he had threatened us with it. I hadn’t known how to use it and when he had laughed at me and went to stand up, that was when it worked, and I had shot him.

I couldn’t even see properly, not only was I crying, but I felt like it was just a dream.

To be honest, I don’t even think much happened after that, I’m pretty sure I fainted or something…

The next thing I knew, I was back to thinking I was that man’s kid and thinking someone had shot him from the Peterson’s…

…It was no wonder that everything was wrong and that I had wanted to forget…

 

Seeing my mum’s body in so much blood…That had been enough to set me off and rage against the so-called father and that had been when I was hit over the head, losing my memories.

All this time, I had blamed the Peterson’s because of my so-called father, who had continuously berated them all the time and even stated that his life could be taken, and I had somehow believed that too be true when I had lost my memories.

But that was not how it went at all!

My mother was forced to be with my so-called father, having me as a hostage, because I had followed her all the way to that villain's house!

My mother tried to save me as best as she could, but when she lost her unborn child, she fell into depression and the villain had used that to say that she had suicided…When in fact, he had killed her!

I had been so scared and frightened after that.

He hit me and abused me! He yelled at me and treated me like crap…No wonder I forgot it!

No wonder…I took his life…

Not long after this, I do find out that the so called father had a disorder that could have helped explain his actions but I do not change my mind from thinking that he was cruel…My real dad was really my saviour, having to have come save me from being the suspect of the murder, by cleaning up after my young self…But, again, I don’t hear of this yet and my shock leads me into guilt and that of just feeling overwhelmed…

All these thoughts led me to also think of why I never shot my fox in the past, when she had been eleven…

Perhaps in the depths of my mind, I had already known that the girl was someone I knew and would never actually want to ever shoot her in my wildest dreams!

 

Bringing my fox to me, I cuddled her silently and was so very glad that I had never taken her life.

She was someone that I never wanted to do without now and I tightened my arms around her because of these thoughts.

Feeling her arms around me helped me too, but I couldn’t help letting out a tear to my own fortune and misfortune. My mother, my unborn brother or sister, my…Father…

How had he lived all these years?

Not wanting to move from this position of being in my fox’s arms, I still wondered if he was here, “Dad?”

“Yeah, son?”

“…Did you…”

“Did I try to save you? Of course…Do you remember when your mother lost…Our child?”

Oh…

“And he sent pictures to me of your bruises…Son, I wanted you all back desperately, but I was not going to gamble your lives…As it was…”

The short huff and steps walking away, only made me sadder.

Our family had forever changed when that man came and took mum.

Our family…

Tightening my arms around my fox, I couldn’t help but let out a sob.

Why couldn’t he had let mum go when she had fallen into depression? Because she had lost her charisma, or whatever it was that he had yelled at her, he didn’t even think of returning us to where we belonged…No…He just killed her instead, stating that if he can’t have her, then no one was going to…

Feeling hands stroke my back and feeling myself rock slightly from side to side, only made things worse and I felt a tear go down my cheek…

Man…I wasn’t a person that cried but…

Right now…I wasn’t able to hold them back…

Finally, I knew the truth…And once again, I was mourning for my dead mother and unborn sister or brother.

Cruel!

That man was so cruel!

 

 

Opening my eyes, I see…The most beautiful thing that I had ever laid my eyes on.

Stretching out my hand, I lightly move some hair out of my fox’s face.

A small smile reached my lips as I couldn’t believe that I had already known of Claire, even before she was eleven.

She was a brat back then too, a real snot nosed shithead!

She was a nasty bitch, but fuck, I seemed to still have liked her even back then!

Why!?

Moving closer to her and pushing her towards me more, I felt like that perhaps we were fated. Fated to have met when little kids, then big kids and then as adults.

That maybe, she had always been mine and I had always been hers.

Hang on just a second!

Opening my eyes wide, I suddenly remembered that…When she was eleven…She had no idea who I was! Even several months ago! She hadn’t remembered me!

Why you little shit!

How could you forget about me!

Pinching my fox’s nose, I see her flinch and I let go, unable to bare seeing her in discomfort.

Glaring at her, I also added a few silent curses to her memory!

But dam…She’s so…Cute when she’s sleeping…

 

“Your awake?” My own father’s voice…My dad…

“Shh!”

I stare at my fox, seeing if she had woken up…But…It looks like she continued to sleep…

Hang on…Shouldn’t I wake her!

She forgot about me!

How about I forget she’s there and accidentally stretch and oops! Oh sorry!

Haha!

Sighing, all I could do is let her be.

Very carefully, I got out of her embrace and looked around.

I picked a direction, pretty sure that the toilet was that way and to my surprise and happiness, I found it!

Awesome!

 

Being there two days, the days had passed so quick that we didn’t realize that we had no clothes and had things that we should be doing.

Claire had called her mother and the warehouse, but I should have been there today for some supplies for the farm…

Oh well…

It’s not everyday that you met your father, that hadn’t been thought of as a father for over ten years…

Actually, I came to realize that my dad was a bit like my fox…And I was apparently much like my mum…Well, when she wasn’t kidnapped and all.

Even though we hadn’t spent much time together, and he didn’t talk too much, I knew I was very much invited to stay from then on. That he, my real father, did want to spend time with me once again. Well...He always had wanted to spend time with me, but me, a fuckwit, had misheard him and then found him strange and things led to thinking that he was not fully there in the head and that he was gay...Whatever...It's in the past...

I’ll never tell him and he doesn’t need to know!

Yet, if it wasn’t for getting used to my fox’s way of not showing much emotions, I may never had realized this with my father’s behavior the way it was. What a bloody coincidence!

The other problem was…I didn’t like that we were on a sofa bed and in a small loundroom area…So we couldn’t…You know…Get it on like fucking rabbits or whatever…

It got annoying actually, my hard on’s were not easily satisfied!

Why…Why did she have to look so fucking gorgeous!?

 

Upon leaving my father’s house, in which was also my house…Yet…Anyway!

My father came with me to Claire’s house and we all were getting out of the car when the old grump came out and glared at me.

Rolling my eyes, I walked over to my fox and towards him. “Joe.”

“Alec.”

Staring at each other, I never lowered my guard. That’s right, this old grump was a foe that I had to defeat…

Not only do I have to apologize and say I was wrong, but…He was my fox’s father!

And…I have to do it in the best, most manly way possible!

“Alec…”

Seeing my fox stand in front of the old grump, I was diverted and lost my glare, which turned into a happy, flirtatious smile.

Hearing a car door shut behind us, I then heard my father’s voice again, “Joe.”

My daddy…I gained a dad…Thank god he wasn’t mad at me! Actually, maybe I should be mad at him! But…He probably did try to save us…

Snuggling into my fox’s neck, I sighed and tried not to think of the past.

“Allan…I…Take this as he finally remembers, uh?” I don't like this old grump’s voice!

“Mmm.”

I swear I heard the old grump hiss, “Well you weren’t ganna tell him, you coward!”

Uh? I was completely surprised with how the old grump talked to my father.

“Hey! Lighten up pal, I was getting the courage!”

Grumbling was heard from both of the older men, yet they were both walking towards the shed.

“So, they are still friends.”

“Have they been friends for a long time?” My fox asked.

I nodded, “You, you little fox, I knew you when you were three!”

Tapping her on her nose, she looked away, “I was a brat.”

“Yes…You were!”

“Wait! Do you remember a book I used to have, about a cute, little fox…I remember the story, but I can’t remember the title, I wanted to read it to the baby. But I can’t find it…”

I smiled, yeah…I remember. I was the one that gave her a book about a cute, little fox!

Right, when I had seen it, it was like it was already hers...That the book was made specifically for my fox!

3