Kicked out
866 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up feeling strange and groggy. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I noticed my uncle was pacing back and forth in front of my bed furiously. As soon as he saw I was awake he turned on his heels and grabbed me by my shirt collar lifting me up in the air, I yelped in a strange voice as he slammed me against the bedroom door, strangely long, deep lavender hair fell into my vision as he pushed me against the wall. 

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU’VE DONE!? YOU FUCKING STUPID IDIOT BOY!!” I cringed as he yelled at me, inches away from my face. “Uncle.. please I don’t understand..” my voice caught in my throat as my lip trembled, trying not to cry from being yelled at and pinned against a wall, my voice sounded utterly bizarre and way too high pitched. I tried clearing my throat to no avail. 

“W..what’s wrong with me.” I whispered. My uncle slammed me against the wall again. “WHATS WRONG IS YOU ABSORBED A PRICELESS MAGICAL ARTIFACT THAT TOOK ME THIRTY THREE YEARS TO FIND!!” He screamed again, his spit flying all over my face. I started crying as he was pushing me rather hard into the wall. 

“You’re hurting me!” I said in a panic trying meekly to push him off of me. “I DONT CARE!! YEARS OF PLANNING, YEARS OF MY ORGANIZATIONS WORK, MY STUPID IDIOT NEPHEW YOU RUINED EVERYTHING IN A FUCKING DAY!” He continued screaming. 

“GET OFF OF ME.” I shouted, Anger quickly rose inside me and I let out an ear splitting shriek, causing all the windows, mirrors and glass in the room to shatter to pieces. My uncle gave me a frightened look and quickly dropped me to the floor. I glared up at him. “Leave.” He said quietly turning his back on me. 

“B..but I don’t..” I started but he quickly interrupted me. “I said LEAVE Jason. You are no longer welcome here.” 

“I don’t have anywhere to go.. you can’t just kick me out please uncle..” I said quietly, panic starting to overtake me as I felt my lips tremble again on the verge of tears. He sighed and turned towards me. 

“I have somewhere you can go.” He said in an apathetic voice with no emotion. “My daughter lives 10 miles out in town. I’ll have someone drive you there.” He snapped his fingers and the broken glass repaired itself, along with all my belongings, floating on their own into several suitcases. 

“Get dressed. You’re leaving in an hour.” He said before turning on his heels and exiting the room. I shakily got up and walked to the mirror on the wall. The sight that greeted me almost had me fall back down from shock. I stared slack jawed at my reflection. 

A small curvy girl with lavender hair and violet eyes greeted me, she mimicked every move I made. I frowned and so did she. I reached out and touched the mirror as the girl did the same. 

“Holy shit..” I whispered understanding why my voice sounded so high. “I’m a girl. Fuck this is weird.” I said quietly in my new voice. After staring at my reflection for what seemed like an eternity I decided to get dressed and worry about my sudden gender change later. 

I struggled to find clothes that fit, after several failed attempts I found a small hoodie I hadn’t worn since 6th grade and a pair of old gym shorts that weren’t very well suited for the current weather. 

I sighed, it would have to do. Once I finished getting dressed, the door to my room opened and my uncle, accompanied by 3 pale men walked inside. “Todd here will lead you to the car Jason, we’ll take care of your bags.” I nodded and followed Todd out the bedroom and down the hall, we quickly made our way down the spiral staircase and out the front door of the manor. 

I shivered as my bare feet touched the cold snow on the ground. I followed Todd to a luxury Lincoln and climbed inside the backseat after he opened the door for me. My uncle and the 2 other men loaded my belongings into the trunk of the large SUV. 

Once that was done my uncle opened the drivers side door and got inside, starting the car. He glared at me as he navigated the car onto the road. He took his hands off the wheel and the car seemed to drive on its own as he turned around and glared at me. “I suggest you follow rules better this time or you’ll find yourself homeless. You’ve turned out to be a much bigger problem than I expected.” He snarled. 

I glared back at him, growing very sick of his horrible attitude. “Fuck you. I’m glad I won’t be stuck living with you anymore, no wonder my mother hated you, you’re a bitter, vile man.” I said with a heavy bit of venom in my voice. He narrowed his eyes at me before turning around and snapping his fingers, making a book appear out of thin air. 

I stared out the window as the trees begin to thin and a small town begin to appear in view. I prayed and hoped that my new home would be a good one. 

31