Explanations
768 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dinner was awful to say the least. I barely touched my food. Anna decided to glare at me the entire time and it was extremely uncomfortable. It wasn’t until near the end of dinner that things really turned sour. “I mean what we’re you thinking mom? Letting one of their kind into our home?” Anna stated while chewing the last few bites of her meal. 

Sara gave her daughter a harsh look but declined to comment. 

“She’s dangerous, and I don’t want her here.” Anna continued as she glared at me. “Look at her, it’s 28 degrees out and she’s wearing shorts and a T-shirt.” Anna turned towards me and started addressing me directly. 

“Aren’t you uncomfortable freak? Don’t you want to leave? I certainly don’t want you here.” I was starting to grow very angry at her constant berating as I clenched my fists together, staring down at my mostly full plate. 

I pushed my plate away from me and stood up. “These are the only clothes I have Anna. And this is the only place I have to go.” I said in a cold aggressive tone. 

I spun on my heels and quickly walked towards the front door. “Where are you going?” Sara asked in a concerned voice. I turned around and gave her an icy glare before promptly slamming the door behind me as I walked out into the cold winter night. 

Oddly enough the weather really didn’t bother me. I didn’t feel uncomfortable nor did I feel any need to warm myself up, in fact the snow and cold was comforting. I silently treaded down the snow covered sidewalks, looking around at the dark little industrial town that seemed completely empty. 

I came around a corner after about 15 minutes of walking, I didn’t know where I was going and I didn’t care. I just wanted to get away from that rude little cunt and relax. I soon found myself at the entrance of a quaint wooded park, surrounded by frozen trees and icy hills. 

I wandered around the cold, dreary park till I found a comfortable looking wooden bench underneath a small stone patio. 

I sat down and sighed. I didn’t know what to do, I had no where to go, or at least nowhere pleasant and normal to go, no friends, no reliable family. 

I suddenly felt myself being overwhelmed with sadness at the loss of my old life. I covered my face with my hands and begin to sob, wishing so badly for my parents, hoping this was just a nightmare I’d wake up from soon, praying for that awful day to have never happened. 

I continued sobbing until I realized someone had sat down beside me on the bench, I was slightly startled as I was quickly wrapped in a tight hug and someone’s hand begin to rub my back. 

“Shhh it’s okay.” The woman holding me said. I looked up and realized it was Sara. I wiped my eyes and pushed myself away from her. “What do you want..” I said quietly. “I came out here to make sure you were okay.. I’m sorry for the way Anna acted but she has a reason to be weary of you.” 

I looked up at her with a confused expression. “Why.. I haven’t done anything to her..?” I said in a soft voice. Sara sighed and looked me in the eyes. “Well for one I don’t think you realized , but you froze all the food and drinks as you were leaving.. and when you slammed the door all the windows in the kitchen shattered.” I winced and looked at her with a guilty expression. 

“I didn’t even notice.. I’m sorry.” Sara smiled softly. 

“it’s okay, I already fixed everything. 

I suppose I should tell you what’s going on.” I looked at her confused. She sighed again before continuing. 

“I’m sure you already realized staying with my father that bizarre and unexplainable things do and can happen. What you’ve been witnessing, what you’ve been experiencing ever since you absorbed the artifact is witchcraft, magick. I have it too, although I was forced into inheriting an artifact. The difference between myself and my father is I don’t use magick as a means to obtain whatever I want nor do I use it to harm anyone. That’s why Anna is so scared of you, my father has done unspeakable things to her, shown her things that no child should ever see, used her to preform rituals.” 

Sara shuddered as she spoke, I could see fire in her eyes and she grew more and more furious describing the things her father had done to Anna. 

Now knowing this I felt extremely guilty for reacting the way I did at dinner. Sara seemed to notice and wrapped me in another tight hug as I started to tear up again. 

“It’s okay sweetheart you can’t control your powers yet, I’m not angry at you I promise.” Sara stood up once I had finished crying and pulled me to my feet. “Come let’s go home, get some sleep. Tomorrow we will all sit down and have a long talk together.” 

28