Ch-53: Flamma Reconditus– Fire of God
1.3k 5 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The source of St. Michael the Archangel's sword is a fascinating legend, one that is clouded in mystery. There are two legends that are most accepted. 

According to the first legend— The mysterious Sword of St. Michael is the straight imaginary line that links seven different monasteries from Ireland to Israel. 

Each location is dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel and some sources claim it to "represents the blow the Saint inflicted on the Devil, sending him to Hell."

The Sword of St. Michael is said to the line made of the holy nature of Lucifer Morningstar, that Michael extracted in form of a line before "inflicted the blow on the Devil, sending him to Hell."

As per the second legend, the sword was given to Michael by God himself in order to combat his brother Lucifer alongside his rebellious army of Angels.

Vril, also known as Flamma Reconditus, The Secret Fire, was the power of God Himself. It is the primordial and divine holy flame that God used to shape the very fabric of creation itself as well as use it to mold the likes of Adam, Lilith, and Eve from mud. 

Howbeit, no doubt that Sword of St. Michael is a mighty and tremendously powerful divine blade, especially when it combines the two myths. 

The flaming sword of St. Michael the Archangel is crafted through the use of Vril, the Secret Fire of God and holy nature of the former Son of the Morning, and so it harnesses a form of powerful holy flames of light weaker than Vril, that is capable of extinguishing unholy beings of darkness into ashes, or even nothingness completely.

The aura of this weapon disintegrates everything and anything which the user waves the sword at, changing it into nothing more than ash, and engulfs the surrounding landscape in a blazing firestorm, the heat of which is intense enough to even scorch the sky. 

When released in overload state, the blade is engulfed in a weakened form of Vril, which Roy currently cannot control, he maybe even backfired by his own power, so volatile and uncontrollable is the nature of Vril. 

"O Sword Of Holy Flames That Is The Bane Of Sin And Darkness. Upon Mine Oath, Be The Judgement From Above!"

To Roy's answer, his magical energy materialized into a shining, blood-red, cruciform long sword decorated with countless thin lines of gold. 

<Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil>, this is the sword of Archangel Michael summoned by his sixth <Holy Right>.

 — <Sacred Line of Flamma Reconditus> ! 

The phantom of countless murals dedicated to Archangel Michael manifested around the sword. Roy channelled his magical energy into the <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil>. 

"You are judged Guilty!"

Roy held the hilt of cruciform long sword and pointed the tip of the sword at the giant ball of fire and convicted it to be guilty. 

Beside the 'Holy Flame', the <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil> also has the skill, 'Judgement'. 

The <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil> is the sword that judges sinners. If the Heaven is deemed guilty, it can be cut off, and if the Earth is deemed guilty, it can be split off.

'Judgement' is a power to impose a crime on the adversary, whether it is material, concept, organic matter, inorganic matter, etc, anything that can be convicted, he can deliver a blow on it. 

But, the power of the blow depends on Roy's understanding, the degree of sin and the channelled amount of magical energy. 

For example, the concept of 'time' is currently, completely beyond Roy's scope of understand, so he cannot even slash at it... but if it is the Authority of Marquis Voban, he completely capable of totally obliterating it. 

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh------"

The golden-red giant ball of fire in the sky above his head finally stopped expanding after it expanded to a hundred meters in diameter. 

If this giant ball of fire falls, then Tokyo City will become a complete history. 

However, because the fireball is big the power in it is also dispersed equally, so to deliver a serious blow on Roy, Marquis Voban condensed the ball of fire to become smaller as to increase its power. 

"The Flame Burning With Vengeance And Wrath! The Wisher of World's Twilight! Bloom With The Fire of Doom!"

Roy can feel his instinct of a Godslayer warning him. Roy fully believes that if this ball of fire falls on him then he will definitely be incinerated into nothingness.

But he has no fear, because this ball of fire, which symbolizes the twilight of the world and burns with vengeance and wrath has been 'judged' by him with the sins of 'Wrath', 'Vengeance' and 'intentions to destroy the world'. 

In front of the <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil>, there is no distinction between the strength of the user and the adversary. 

Because 'Judgement' can manipulate 'rules', just like a mortal spear that can kill the Son of the God. In front of the 'rules', everything will be as thin as crisp paper, even feathers can easily kill humans.

This is why divine authorities are so powerful, because each Authority contain more or less amount of fragments of rules. 

'Judgement' can only be used once in 24 hours, but as long as it is convicted, 'Judegement' can easily cut off the 'sinner'.

But 'Judgement' also has a big drawback, it can only be activated if the sword is in contact with the 'sinner'. He only hopes with the new ceremony developed by Aiwass, this drawback can be cancelled and his strength will increase. 

The terrifying giant ball of fire headed towards the Tokyo city, from inside the city there seemed to be two suns shining in the sky. 

Roy took a deep breath. He clenched the hilt of the cruciform red long sword in the crease of his hand, pointed the sword in the direction of the fire ball and threw out his sword with full force like a javelin. 

"Boom———"

As thrown sword created a sonic boom in the air, the cruciform red sword suddenly changed into a cruciform spear. 

<Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil> is the weapon of Archangel Michael. In the frescos of Archangel Michael, sometimes he is seen with a sword and sometimes with a spear hurling towards the red dragon to supress the evil dragon in hell. 

So, <Sacred Line of Judgment of Good and Evil> can be changed into a sword or spear according to the user's choice. 

"Face The Trial! Burn In Your Own Wrath And Vengeance! For This Is The Spear Of Conviction!"

The spear like a meteor collided with the flame of twilight. 

"Stab----", followed by the sound of something sharp stabbing in a bag of cotton. 

 "Whoosh——"

And the terrifying, destructive ball of fire just, vanished; just like the flame of a candle extinguished by a light blow of wind. This is the power of 'rules'!

The terrifying 'second sun' disappeared from the sky, Tokyo was saved, but even so, in this short instance, many people died from the heat emanated from a long distance. Many Buildings, cars and roads were 'melted'. 

The Angels and magic wolves that were still fighting, destroying the streets all melted under the heat of the <Living Flame of Twilight>.

"Boy, looks like you have so–––"

"—Whoosh"

Marquis opened his mouth to mock Roy, but suddenly, the spear that obliterated the <Living Flame of Twilight> came out from behind and left a deep gash on Marquis's neck and fell back into Roy's hands. 

"Ahhh! Boy, you dare again sneak attack on me! You have completely angered me! I was thinking of letting you live, but you choose your death with your own hands."

Marquis roared at Roy in anger, if it wasn't because his super sensitive beast instinct warned him and he responded quickly, the spear would have completely seperated his neck off his shoulders, he was never so close to death, especially from a just born Godslayer, this will be a mark of eternal shame in his life. 

"It's not sneak attack, it's battle tactics, senile old man! Don't fear, I have already asked my subordinates to prepare a dog coffin for you." 

"You dare—"

"Hey, don't get angry, first listen. I ordered my subordinates to get a wolf coffin, but unfortunately coffin company doesn't makes make them. But, anyways dogs and wolves are of same family, so I hope you can adjust."

"Ok, enough chit-chat. Now, let me cut your dog hea-, oops, I mean your wolf head."

During the fight, Roy inadvertly discovered that his <Visage of The Alpha & Omega> seemed to have also granted his mouth a passive power, when he speaks, the battle IQ of the person he takes as his enemy is inadvertly, unknown to them, reduced slowly. Therefore he was more that happy to 'chat' with Marquis. 

However, Roy's 'care' didn't seem to please Marquis Voban as Marquis's whole body was shaking in anger, he roared in the sky... 

"DIE BOY!"

"I Call The Wind, Subdue The Rain, And Gather The Lightning. Know That Both The Scorching Wind And The Freezing Wind Are Mine To Command. I Shall Bring─ The Fury Of Storm And Raging Waves To This Land!"

Following Marquis Voban's wrathful chant, the sky was promptly shrouded in boundless black clouds in an instant. 

The sound of wind and thunder roared. The violent winds and heavy rains mixed with rays of thunder fell on the ground. The natural disasters of ancient myths were reproduced here. 

<Trinity of Wind, Rain & Thunder>! 

This authority was obtained by Marquis from defeating the Chinese Weather Trio, Bo Feng the green warrior of wind, Yu Shi the blue warrior of rain, and Lei Gong the red warrior of thunder.

The <Trinity of Wind, Rain & Thunder> is a domain type skill, the stats of Marquis increases in this area. 

Whereas, the power of his adversary decrease coupled with random attacks of thunder, wind and rain from cloud, making his enemy lose concentration. 

Even though this authority has an immense power, it still has a weakness that can be exploited by other. 

Because this authority controls three weathers usurped from chinese trio, an authority that specialize in controling only one weather may be able to wrestle a control from Marquis Voban. Unfortunately, Roy didn't possess a weather control divine authority. 

Marquis controlled the clouds to completely surround him, he wanted use the clouds raging with lightning as obstacles to block Roy until he heals with the advanced healing power of his werewolf form. 

Upon seeing Marquis who wanted to delay time, Roy liberated the power, the cruciform sword disappears into specks of light, although that sword is a powerful weapon but it also continuously consumes magical energy to keep it materialized. 

Moreover Roy hasn't mastered any sword skills, this is the first time he has even a sword. Moreover, he is the 'Martial Saint', not 'Sword Saint', it more meaningful to fight with his fists. 

 "<Moses Splits The Sea>!"

He raised his left hand, turning it into a knifehand posture and slashed at the 'walls of clouds'. The power that divided the Sea of Reeds, tore apart the walls of cloud to reveal the Werewolf form of Marquis Voban inside. 

Roy swiftly jumped and punched at Marquis's Wolf head. 

 "This kid is looking for death!"

Marquis opened his wolf mouth filled with sharp, cold teeths inside and bit towards Roy's hands. 

"<Jacob Limbs•Fourth Form>!"

 "<Ten Plagues Coercion>!" 

This is the only defensive counterattack move in <Jacob's Limbs>! 

 ——————————————————–—

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. However, it is also the motivating force for mankind. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at P@treon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

_________________________________

 

57