Ch-122: The Fallen Demon King
746 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"O Earthly Mother, Creator Of All Life And Existence. Now I Once Again Grant Sharp Teeth To These Dragons, Conferring Merciless Poison!"

"O Dragon! Clad In A Crown Of Fire And Fear, Turn Into A Divine Beyond What The Limitless Sky Can Bear!"

Stretching the bowstring to the limit and then letting it go with pinpoint accuracy. 

Ziiiiiing-! 

Athena's archery motion was effectuated in one complete motion. The bow in her hand was naturally not a mortal object. As the Strongest Earth Mother Goddess, every item and weapon on Athena is a powerful divine artifact with a deep historical lore.

The arrow swiveled into a dazzling star and shot from the earth, dazzling towards the sky, just like the Meteoric arrow of Arash whose arrow fell like the outburst of stars by dividing the earth and bringing an end to all kinds of strife.

The force embedded starry projectile advanced, ready to puncture right through the Black Prince's chest.

"W, Why is Athena here?!"

Alexander Gascoigne was discombobulated. Both he and Roy were using a speed-based Divine Authority to run from America to Canada in a short period of time. 

'Could it be that Athena also has a speed based Divine Authority?'

'But, her myths never spoke of anything relating to speed.....'

It wasn't until his gaze passed on to the snakes gushing out from the ground like tidal waves that his face got miffed. 

Athena may not have the speed to keep up with the two of them, but Athena was the Strongest of Earth. By using Roy as a beacon she can easily keep up with his speed.

The earth will shorten itself for her. Tens of kilometers will become a single meter. 

However, even mulling on Athena's way to keep up with them was now meaningless to pursue, because the arrow was already coming to live up to it's job. 

He was very convinced that if he was shot through the chest by this arrow, he will be grievously injured in the least if not more.

He no longer had an effective way to evade, his greatest advantage—speed was restricted by Roy, and Gascoigne was now just a sitting duck.

"But even so, I won't let you feel better!"

"Hear Me, Daughters Of The Endless Night, Daughters Of The Earth, Shadow And Fright!"

"Fighting Evil With Evil, Repaying Crime With Crime, Shedding Blood For Blood, Knocking Out A Tooth For A Tooth, Thus Vengeance Begins Tonight!"

"By The Blood Of The Slain Mother, Tragic Death Denies All Future Attempts At Filial Piety Advancing Any Further!"

"Megaera The Demon, Tisiphone The Avenger, Alecto The Relentless, Retrieve The Curse And Execute Vengeance With Cursed Extravagance!"

"[Judging Furies Of Heavens]-!"

The Black Prince was out for blood. He didn't dodge or evade, instead he rushed towards the arrow, and at the same time used the most powerful power he could use to fight back——[Judging Furies Of Heavens]! 

The second of Alec's Authorities to summon the three Erinyes or Furies, also known as the Kindly Ones, who once were the Greek goddesses of vengeance. 

Alec can draw a magic realm where every form of damages dealt would be return back to the preparator in full. 

Even a more abstract concept like time manipulation can be safely stored by the circle of vengence and released it back to the targe. 

But, as the person who mobilizes this power, Gascoigne must suffer the same harm.

Since, these two won't let him go, he will also not let them go easily. 

Puuufik-! 

The arrow shot through Gascoigne's chest, but at the same time the domain of revenge was also expanded, and a arrow's phantom shot back towards Athena.

Raining down with an invisible force with the three furies in toes to assault the target with their weapons.

"Alecto, Megaera, and Tisiphone, its really the three of you."

Athena looked coldly at the three goddesses summoned by the Black Prince. As the Goddess of wisdom of Greek Pantheon, Athena certainly knows of the three vengeful goddesses.

The moonlight amethyst snake eyes watching the goddesses of vengeance shined, the relaxed smile on the corner of her lips told how easy it was for her.

She raised her [Aegis•Bulwark of Medusa] and easily blocked the phantom projectile.

The power of her arrow was not too strong, but it was enough to severely injured the Black Prince who has the disposition of an assassin, forcing him to use this power.

Although the three Goddesses of Vengeance are powerful, the Authority has limitations because of its high strength.

Despite it's enormous power, this authority has a weakness where Alec needs to spend a considerable amount of time to create a summoning circle needed to draw out the goddess. 

And if he wants to summon it instantaneously, like he did now, he needs to expend a large amount of energy. 

Although the [Judging Furies Of Heavens] is able to rebound all types of attacks, as long as the attacks exceed the limits of the [Judging Furies Of Heavens], the realm of revenge can be easily broken. 

But doing so will still bounce back the biggest attack that [Judging Furies Of Vengeance]'s power can withstand.

Since there is an easier way to defeat Alec, Roy will naturally not choose a higher difficulty route.

More so, when now the realm of revenge is unfolding in full, slaying the three goddesses of vengeance will also turn off its power. 

The Black Prince plucked the arrow stuck in his chest and did not make a single sound. 

He was gradually feeling breathing difficulties. 

Athena is a snake goddess and a snake's deadliest asset is none other than its venom! 

He opened his mouth and vomited vicious black blood. From beginning to end, this man praised to be adept at conspiracy, tricks and traps was played by Roy in his own stage. 

Even the grim expression on his face looked so pitiful. 

He was calculated in every detail. 

....he didn't lost because he was incompetent in fighting, he lost in the information warfare. 

The new king's theme—wisdom striked down his—thief.

"It's over, Black Prince."

With a wave of Roy's hand, the Angel Army in the sky turned into a torrent wave and formed a killing force, pouring down on the Black Prince Alec.

Athena just raised her chin slightly, and the dragons and snakes also rushed to the sky with cruelty and wildness in wake, seeking the Godslayer's blood.

Gascoigne looked around, surrounded by the Army of Angels and the Horde of Dragons and snakes, the three goddesses he summoned were also submerged in the collision.

However....

All said and done, in the end, he—Black Prince Alexander Gascoigne, is a Campione, who can perform miracles, one who once as a mortal slayed a God. 

For Campiones, and even those who have the potential to become Campione, have the ability to create good luck, or command random chance, through force of will. 

In games of pure chance, it is almost impossible to beat them without cheating. This ability may even be what allows them to kill gods and become Campione.

So there is no way he will give up even if he is in this desperate situation! 

Amidst the slashing and biting of his figure by the army of Angels, Dragons and snakes, he held his wounded body and chanted again to summon a huge monster like mermaid.

"Be Thou Faithful Unto Death! And I Will Give Thee A Crown Of Life!"

"Awaken, Soul Of Feminine Spirit Of Fresh Waters! Exhibit To The World Thy Springs And Rivers Lack In Mercy!"

"[Faceless Queen]-!"

This Authority is his theme's manifestation to present a pet for diversion and raw muscle, or lack of compensation for his inability to work with women like other thieves.

Seeing the mermaid summoned from the illusionary spring, Roy hadn't done anything yet, when... 

Standing on the head of the giant snake, Athena who was wearing a snow-white toga robe leaped up with a shield in her left hand and a bastard sword in her right hand.

Kuchik-! 

The long edge of the sword in her right hand struck out a dazzling line. The trajectory of the sharpness cut off the head of the Faceless Queen in with just one blow!

How could a monster that is half human and half snake be the opponent of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and war.

Seeing Athena's martial art that has reached the realm beyond Gods, Roy couldn't help but admire. 

If, only if this martial art didn't require one to be both a female and the possessor of the Godhead of War & Wisdom, he would have already got his teacher. 

With the death of the Faceless Queen, the three goddess of vengeance were also torn apart by the army of Angels and eaten by the Dragons and snakes, this time the Black Prince was really helpless with most of his mana spent.

"Roy!"

The awe-inspiring goddess of war called out, Roy nodded lightly to indicate that he knew her meaning. 

The 'Eyes of Sodom' and the 'Mystic Eyes of Petrification' opened. 

The "Curse of Medusa" in the front, and the "Curse of Sodom" in the back. 

The Black Prince's body was already undergoing strange changes. 

Starting from his hands and feet, the first half turned into stones, and the second half was turning into a pillar of salt, fixing his body in place. 

Roy approached Gascoigne unhurriedly from behind and raised the sword of judgment in his hand.

He did not contemplate or hesitate, calmly positioned the blood-red cruciform sword on Gascoigne's chest and pressed it into his heart in one swift motion. 

The mana on the sword exploded, blazing all the internal organs of the Godslayer.

"Aaaaaaah-!"

The black haired Godslayer was below the amount needed to evoke his trump card—[Time Reversal] he just recently usurped from Lachesis, the weaver of fate. 

....unfortunately, he wouldn't get the change to use it ever again as he couldn't evoke a miracle, just like a spark that couldn't give rise to a forest fire, only to be extinguished. 

The Fifth Godslayer, the Nobleman of Godspeed, the Prince of Black Lightning, the Chief of Royal Arsenal; Black Prince Alexander Gascoigne——dead! 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi*, *Skoll* and *GooseElite*

_________________________

45