Ch-145: Prince of Decay & Rot—Beelzebub
619 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's the desire of a man on a lady's body, huh, but it doesn't matter, I already have the will to die, if for once I have to satisfy the despicable desires of you Godslayers before death, I wouldn't care for such insignificance."

Although the Goddess of Snakes in the aquarium-like fish tank did not open her mouth, the light and cold female voice turbiding with regality sounded.

Just next, the silverish white snake twisted its slender and beautiful body and transformed into a mature woman, with a 'goddess' like figure. 

The Divine Ancestor Asherah, who presented herself in a human posture looked way different from before—when she faced herself just like a young kid of eleven or twelve.

A dress made up of whitish steel bands wrapped around her voluptuous and curvaceous body like a ball gown to her ankles. 

In this way, the Snake of Rebellion exposed all of itself in front of Roy, her luscious figure wavy with a curvy sides as if sculpted by Polykleitos himself with great dedication and effort. 

Roy raised his eyebrows. He leaned his back against the sofa chair with his legs folded. He stared at the water tank in front of him, holding a coffee mug in his hand.

"You don't have to be in the human form, even if it is in form of a snake, I can still admire you, Asherah. Your beauty and your beastity—the primordial form of Snake and Dragon, Leviathan."

Although the current scene could have been easily associated with perversion, Roy didn't care.

Asherah sneered, her words flowed like water: "Then I shall gladly accept your appreciation, Godslayer."

With that said, the humane postured Asherah adopted once again morphed into a beautiful snake. Her cold vertical pupils stared at Roy, spitting the scarlet letter.

"I had thought, you would either commit suicide or run away, but I didn't expect you to obediently follow Erica and Liliana."

When Roy was entangled with Madame Aisha's Authority, Asherah, who was severely injured, was also nearby, but the Snake Goddess wasn't pulled with them for a free travel ticket to ancient times, so she remained in modern Manhattan.

With the power Asherah possessed, without the presence of the two Godslayers, Roy and Annie Charlton, she could have easily escaped even if she was seriously injured.

But the Snake Goddess did not make such a choice, but instead allowed Erica and Liliana to 'capture' her and keep her in this place. 

"Since Lord Athena said that she needed me, then I would graciously follow my lord's command."

Asherah answered coldly.

"Even if you have to die?"

"Yes, even if I'm ordered to die, as long as it is the order of the Lord Goddess, I will follow it to the end."

"Welp...your answer makes me wonder what to say now."

Asherah's unswerving death aspirations made Roy lament weakly. It was the hatred of the Ancient Earth Mother Goddesses towards this world and towards the Hero of Steel and his fellow pals and associates.

For Leviathan, who has fallen as a Goddess to become a Divine Ancestor, Athena, the Ancient Queen of Earth Goddess, is the quintessence of her allegiance, because the other party is the only hope of the Earth Mother Goddesses.

"After this, I will need your dragon and snake blood to complete a ritual. Although the blood needed will be slightly large, it will not kill you. At most, it will make you a little weak. I'm telling you in advance, so you may prepare."

"You don't have to pretend to be a good and caring person, Godslayer. Even if you want to kill me right this instant, it doesn't matter."

"Although I don't know why Lord Athena is willing to help you, Lord Athena, she is the Goddess of Supreme Wisdom. I believe she must have her own reasons, since it is Lord Athena's order, I'm already prepared."

The beautiful silver-white scaled snake raised its head and declared proudly and decisively.

Facing this kind of peoples who don't eat soft and don't give a damn about death, even Roy has no good way to move the conversation.

"...."

Asherah closed her eyes and maintained silence like a stilled statue.

But her expression was a bit resentful.

"It's really a terrible amount of resentment. How desperate you are for the worldly damnation to become like this."

"Then, I will show you how to slaughtered the heroes of steel, even the last steel, and how to break it off completely!"

"I know you hate the Gods of Steel, and hate us Godslayers too, but compared to us who killed the Gods, the cursed people fouled by Gods, your hatred for the Heroes of Steel is deeper."

Roy discoursed. 

For Asherah, a divine ancestor who has deeply resented the human world for thousands of years, it is simply impossible for her to change her behavior or extinguish her pangs of inner hatred with simple words and reasons. 

After all, he is not the shounen protagonist of a bloody action anime. To persuade the opponent, all he can do is to find common interests, so that the other side will willingly walk with him.

The bond of passion is very important, but the chain of interests cannot be broken either.

Sure enough, after hearing Roy's words, Asherah's expression relaxed a little, but she still remarked sarcastically: 

"To break the last steel. How many Demon Kings like you have tried over eras, but not one stood a chance. Do you think that you have a chance, Godslayer?"

"Regardless of whether I have a chance of winning, or whether I can break the 'last steel' or instead broken in his place—wouldn't it be an interesting experience to go through? For both you and me?"

Roy's question caused Asherah to twist her body. She hesitated, and then reluctantly admitted: 

"Of course, I would have hoped for you both to die together pulling each other into the Abyss, b-but, I mean, if I was given the choice to choose one, I would rather have you break the last steel and return alive."

"Look, don't we have so much in common to agree upon? So..." Roy interjected a pause. 

With a burst of water splash, the huge hand concocted by magic power reached out for Asherah.

"What are you up to?"

Although she asked with a frown, Asherah didn't struggle, and allowed Roy to fish her out of the aquarium.

She has an immortal divine body of a Dragon and a Snake—a former Earth Mother Goddess. Naturally, she cannot be a pure aquatic creature. Whether it is the ocean, the earth or the sky, all of them are fields of her activities.

The fifty-meter-long snake's body circled together and landed onto the carpet underfoot with splashes of water. The shiny silver scales gleamed more gorgeously under the sheen of the watery layer.

"Some animals were considered as the incarnation of gods in the past, and in all the four ancient civilizations, there is a tradition of communicating with gods."

"Especially for ancient Egyptians, there were all kind of liberties, especially the famous Cleopatra. It is said that she also raised a group of hunting dogs to please Anubis in communication, now it's considered as revolting as it does not conform to the development of modern civilization."

"...But after seeing you Asherah, I finally believe that beauty is common to all species, differentiating on just the way we see it and interpret it. The communication between ancient humans and Gods seems to be true, it is a mysterious ritual of holy connection of one's being and unity."

Roy's hand fell on the beautiful and noble snake head, stroking her glittering scales. 

"…The Lord of the Flies, Beelzebub was originally a Primal Goddess of the Mesopotamians and the later Sun Goddess believed by the Phoenicians."

"Later, she was conquered under the cross and fell from the seat of a God to a Demon Lord of the Hell. A demon associated with the symbol of gluttony, the overlord of one of the seven sins, a Fallen Angel ranking next to Satan."

"Meanwhile, the other part of Beelzebub—Leviathan is also a monster that appears in the Bible, a degradation of the former Goddess."

"The former symbol of Earth that bestowed enlightenment and the current Serpent of Abyssal Waters, the knowledge of demonology and angelology, and the 'knowledge' and 'wisdom' that I seek."

Roy looked directly into her eyes and said leisurely.

If it was the Roy of the past, although he would have yearned, he would have never spoken out his desires so generously.

But under the teaching of Scathach, Roy was gradually becoming loyal to his own desires—the pursuit of beauty, the thirst for knowledge and the craving of wisdom.

His greatest affinities are 'knowledge' and 'wisdom', and only knowledge and wisdom can lead him to step towards the power of a higher dimension, so he cherishes every piece of knowledge and pursues every drop of wisdom.

Asherah's snake head showed a flirtatious smile. The Snake Goddess spit out her letter, straightened her body and nodded: 

"I understand, you want to carry out the ancient ceremony of communication between Gods and humans. With this fallen Mother Earth Goddess to usurp her wisdom and knowledge."

"Anyways it would be quick, how long a mere human can even last."

"Ho?"

Unknowingly, unaware of the prevailing consequences—poor Asherah had flipped a switch, a switch that she should never have. 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi*, *GooseElite*, *Skoll* and *DatPerson*

_________________________

24