Chapter 3 : The Truth
140 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I-I guess I will try another day.." mumbled Yuki in shock.

"Actually, forget it, I will confront her right now"

Yuki went and grabbed Nei's hand

"You? again? Just leave me alone" shouted Nei, and shrugged off Yuki.

"Why would I leave you alone when I don't even know the reason to do that?"

"Don't act dumb,” Nei glared at her. “Just apologize, not that I will forgive you if you do!"

"I knew you were a stubborn girl, but to THIS degree?” Yuki tossed her arms in the air. “Jeez, just tell me what I did already."

"Come with me, but don't touch me, and don't get too close"

"As long as I am getting my answer, sure"

Nei leads Yuki to a nearby newsagent, while she was buying something inside, every passer-by was looking at Yuki in disgust and disbelief.

Nei left the shop, and handed a newspaper to Yuki.

To her surprise, she finds her name on the top of the news.

"W-what is this.." mumbled Yuki "there's no way.."

"Exactly. You shattered our trust, you skipped the exam and did that instead"

The newspaper said :

"According to witnesses, a teenager by the name Yuki Reishi has murdered a family of four, sparing one of them, the witness, and is now one of the wanted serial killers, be careful out there."

"L-Listen to me.. Nei.. I would never do this.. r-remember that mirror you talked about? I bought one.. and.. I went to sleep... when I woke up.. I found myself in another dimens-" uttered Yuki.

"Ah, just spare me the lies, I knew you were jealous because your parents are dead, but to this extent? Yuki, you are crazy."

"Which family was even murdered?"

A silence took over the conversation.

"Don't tell me.."

Nei slaps Yuki and runs away.


"It couldn't be Nei's family, since I met her mother earlier, and she was friendly towards me, I guess the newspaper was published after that.. but.. how could I have done that?"

"If I need answers, there's only one place.. I need to hide my identity first.."


Yuki takes out a paper, and makes a paper mask.

"I guess this might work"

She puts on a hood, hiding her whole head.

It started to rain, and her mask fell apart.

"Out of all the times.. not that I expected more from this paper mask"


As she was walking home, everyone was avoiding her, "If they keep avoiding me, I will reach home easier than expected" mumbled Yuki.

"I can at least get information on the family that was murdered before going home."


Yuki went to Nei's home and knocked.. there was no answer, but the curtains closed.

"Well, this was an expected result.. what other way can I use to get that information? I can't go ask the cops, for sure.. the news could be a good source of information, but I doubt they would say the victims' name.."

"Before I bought the damn mirror, I heard there was a famous detective that got fired after committing a crime.. I could search on my computer" thought Yuki in relief.


When she reached home, she threw her bedroom door open and sat at her computer. She scratched her head and said "Uh.. what was his name again.. I am sure it started with... an R!"

She went on the web news, and scrolled down until she found his name, "oh yeah, Sugimoto Ken, I-I totally knew it was an S, hehe.."

"I wasn't expecting to find his phone number here, this makes it easier"

She dialed his number and called.

"Hello?" said a deep voice. "Who's this?"

"O-Oh hi.. I am a new detective.. y-you're Sugimoto Ken, right?"

"Exactly."

"May I ask you something?"

"Go ahead"

"Have you heard of the most recent murder of a family of four?"

"Yeah I did, why?"

"Uh.. which family was murdered?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Oh well, as I said, I am one of the new detectives here, so I wanna know every single information on the family so I can find the culprit."

"First of all, as a detective, you should know that you can't call me to ask about investigation tips.

Second of all, a detective should know every single information about the victim.

Last thing, the culprit is already revealed."

"We-"

Beep..

"He hanged up, damn, I didn't think that through"

Yuki calls him again.

"What do you want now?"

"Well, to be honest, I've been accused of the murder, so I wanna get every single information about the victim so I can prove my innocence, please help me." said Yuki in a weak voice.

Beep..

"Again? I will call him for the last time"

Ring..

"Stop calling me"

"Why did you hang up on me?"

"Why would the culprit expose their identity? I am not that dumb"

"I am not lying, trust me"

"It's not like the victims' name is top secret, so, fine, let me open some documents and tell you their names."

Few minutes later

"Are you still there?" asked Ken.

"Yeah"

"Are you ready?"

"Mhm.."

"The mother is Tamura Usagi.

The father is Iseri Daichi.

The eldest brother is Iseri Toshio.

The youngest brother is Iseri Akio.

The person that was spared is-"

"Iseri Hiro?"

"Exactly, how did you know her?"

"Well.. this was unexpectable.. thanks for the help"

"You-"

Yuki hangs up on him.

"Hiro is one of Nei's close friends.. of course she would be upset.."


She flopped on her bed and took out the newspaper. Staring at it, she started to cry.

"Damn it"

Yuki stood up, and kicked at the mirror, but instead kicked a solid invisible barrier, stubbing her toe.

"OUCH!"


She suddenly teleported to the same dark dimension as last time.. no.. it was red this time..

The same black figure from last time appeared, "Hello, do you remember me?"

"System..."

"You seem to be upset, you even tried to destroy the mirror, what's the issue?"

Yuki told The System everything, "so, why did that happen?"

A white paper was summoned in front of Yuki.

"That's a contract, sign it if you want."

"What do I gain by doing that?"

"Read it."

"You know I can't understand this writing, right?"

"Your fault."

"Jeez, I have nothing to lose either ways, I already lost everything"

Yuki signed the contract, "so, can you explain what's in it now?"

The black figure started to laugh, "well, you started a contract with the devil. In exchange for living in the other world, you will have to pay with your soul."

"I-In another word?"

"Your body will be taken by a devil."

"So, my only gain is living in another world?"

"Of course not"

"What's the other advantage?"

"I will grant you one wish, but not any wish, you can get any power you want, and you will get it whenever I want, so, which power do you want?"

"That's a really nice wish, I will think about it"

"So, do you want to go back to the other world?"

"I guess, I can think about the issues later"

"Now, say, System Enter!"

"As dumb as always.. System Enter!"

Yuki gets back to her crib.

1