Curious Matter
127 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks later…

All Michael’s brothers caught humans to mate with and others to eat. Elliot was not there for it. This whole thing was just ridiculous to him and the fact that they were taking up space in the hotel just pissed him off.

Michael was walking behind Elliot, who was in no mood for him or his nonsense. Michael was also there to just keep an eye out for his safety and to make sure that Elliot’s clumsy self would not fall, but how was he going to catch him if he had to keep his distance.

Elliot, who was grumbling to himself, was not paying attention of where he was stepping and tripped over a rock. He fell down onto his knees and hands, then sat down on his butt and patted his knees clean.

Michael quickly stopped beside him and asked, “Are you okay?”

Before Elliot could answer, they both heard a screech and looked over. Michael’s expression twisted and dashed over to the leader's bride and grabbed her by the neck. 

She opened her mouth to let out a screech to call for help, but Michael slammed his fist into her mouth, then smashed her head into the ground.

Number Five, who was nearby and heard the call, came over and witnessed the entire scene. He jumped off from the building and landed in front of Michael, who looked like he was regretting this whole situation and asked, “What did you do?”

“She saw Elliot,” he said, and wiped his hands on her dress. Number Five looked back at Elliot, who was sitting on the ground with a dumbfounded look on his face. If he could sigh, he would.

Michael picked up a rock and placed it on her head where it was smashed and rubbed the blood all over it. He then looked at his brother and said, “You saw nothing.”

He walked off to Elliot, picked him up and ran fast, making Elliot queasy. He closed his eyes and rested his head on Michael’s shoulder until they got home. Lying him down on the bed, Michael looked at Elliot and said, “You know I had to do it right?”

Elliot looked at him for a moment, then nodded his head. “I know. To protect our child.”

“And you Elliot,” he said.

Elliot reached over to him and pulled him down on the bed. Looking at Michael, he caressed his cheek and said, “You are acting more like a human whereas I am turning into one of your kind.”

Michael took his hand in his and kissed it. He laid his head down and placed Elliot’s hand on his chest. Looking up at the ceiling, he said, “We need to move. This place will become chaotic.”

Rubbing his hand on Michael’s chest, he shook his head, “No, moving will harm the baby.”

“But we are right where she was killed. He’ll want to search every building,” he said.

“I don’t think he will search every building by himself,” Elliot said.

Immediately after he said those words, a piercing screech made the windows vibrate. Elliot groaned, saying, “And here I wanted you to fuck me.”

Michael scoffed as he got up and said, “I will when I come back.”

Waving his hand at Michael for him to lean down, they shared a passionate kiss, then Michael walked to the window and opened it. He jumped down onto the next building, then ran towards the plague.

Elliot got up and closed the window. He then walked to the door and locked it. He took a blanket and pillow, then went to the bathroom and locked the door. Climbing into the bath, he made himself comfortable and fell asleep.

Michael arrived where everyone was gathered and walked towards the centre. He immediately made eye contact with number Five then looked at what everyone was gathered around in.

“Four! This is your territory. Why didn’t you hear her call?” Their leader yelled angrily at him.

Michael looked at her body and said, “I was not in my territory, I was on my way back when I heard you.”

“Then where were you?” He asked, stalking over to him.

“I thought I smelled humans, so I went in search of them, but the first generation got to them,” he answered plainly, not even faltering at the man’s dominance being displayed.

He turned and stopped in front of his bride’s body, then yelled, facing the air. Immediately, the first generation gathered around them ran off, searching for the humans who could be near.

He turned to his sons and said, “I don’t care who, bring me all the humans you find now!”

The brothers all turned around and went on a hunt.

The leader watched Michael leave, then said to number eighteen, “I’m losing my trust in Michael. Go search his home and make sure that you are not seen by him.”

Number eighteen nodded his head, then rushed off to Michael’s home. He walked in knowing very well where Elliot was, but walked in the opposite direction. He walked into the room that had two out of the four humans left in it and yanked one of their arms off.

He slowly walked around the hotel, wasting time, and only returned once he heard the plague coming back. He walked out of the hotel bumping into Michael, who asked, “What are you doing here?”

He showed the arm in his face saying, “You are in trouble.”

Michael grew irritated and asked, “Did you meet with Elliot?”

“I wouldn’t dare. But who do you think killed mother?” he asked.

“She is not our mother, and I killed her because she saw Elliot,” he answered and ran off, putting distance between them.

Eighteen didn’t know what to make of this situation, but left it. They were all ambitious differently.

*

Michael returned after a few hours to the room and couldn’t unlock the door. He banged on it a few times and called, “Elliot, I’m back.”

Elliot was on the floor in pain and with all his might he called, “Michael, I am going to need you to break the door open.”

Michael didn’t think twice after hearing him and forced the door open. His eyes quickly darted around the suite as he made his way to the room, but Elliot wasn’t there.

“In here,” Elliot called. Michael looked in the bathroom's direction and walked over cautiously.

When he walked in, he saw the most unbelievable scene. Elliot was on the floor covered in blood, holding their child in his arms, who looked to be asleep.

6