Chapter 19: A Modern Ancient Prince
122 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am currently sitting in front of the dressing table with Miss make-up artist and Miss Hair stylist flanking me on both sides. 

"You would just need light make-up. No need to cover up this natural beauty." Miss make-up artist mutters softly to me. 

"Is it okay if I trim the ends of your hair a bit? They aren't equal in length like you let this grow without cutting it for years." Miss Hair stylist says. 

You are actually not wrong about that one. 

"Hm-mm. You are the experts." 

I let them fully take over me. 

And as if she has been waiting for that approval all along, miss fashion stylist clapped happily and run towards the racks of clothes. 

"I think we should go with a traditional formal dress for him! Everyone attending the event would surely wear ordinary formal clothing and making him wear Rinon traditional formal dress in there would make him more noticeable!" Miss fashion artist shouts like so while being covered by the racks of clothes from view. 

Various clothing flew here and there from her direction, and the other people taking care of the clothes ended up running after them. 

I'm greatful for your eagerness but please be mindful of your assistants. 

"Sounds good to me. We should go with that concept." Miss photographer says towards the two currently working on me. 

"Hehe~ it seems we all have the same idea." 

"We will make you shine!" 

Miss Hair stylist and miss make-up artist started to become more eager on their works after saying so. 

Miss Hair stylist did what I would call a viking braid on the top half of my hair and she tied the rest into an updo. 

Miss make-up artist didn't do much on me like she said. She just trimmed my brows a bit, brushed me with some face powder and made me wear transparent lip gloss. 

When they were done miss fashion stylist immediately pulled me away from my sit and into the other door which lead to what I guess is a dressing room. 

"Here. Don't forget the belt, alright?" She handed me over the articles of clothing she picked and pushed me into the dressing room. 

The inside of the room is small  with nothing but a full body length mirror and an empty clothes rack spare for the empty hangers. I took off my clothes and put them on the empty hangers then proceeded to change into the clothes given to me. 

I had trouble at first because it's something I have never worn before. Especially, with how to wear the waist belt was a wonder until I realized I just literally need to wrap this around my waist. 

With much effort I finally managed to take a good look at my self on the mirror. 

What miss fashion artist made me wear is a luxurious looking dark blue tunic and a beautiful surcoat intricately embroidered with white elegant patterns, a black pants and of course the waist belt. 

These are some medieval stuffs back in my previous world. They say it's the kingdom's traditional formal clothing? 

In all honesty I just feel like I am cosplaying, right now. All I'm missing is a sword and I'll become some Medieval knight. 

"I hope they are not just making fun of me." I mutter that little doubt to myself. 

But true to their words, they really did made a work of art out of me. 

"Status." 

A little curious. I opened the system to take a look at my charm right now. 

Health 105/105 Strength 48/100 Vitality 71/100
Stamina 64/70 Agility 41/100 Charm 55/100
Magic 100/100 Dexterity 39/100 Intelligence 75/100

Stat Points 7
Market Points  82

Abilities

Advanced Mathematics 72/100
Fire Magic 1/100
Water Magic 1/100
Earth Magic 1/100
Wind Magic  1/100
Light Magic 1/100
Void Magic 1/100

I seriously gained five additional points in Charm because of this. 

That reminds me. I now have a stack of Stat points. 

Should I invest this in Charm too? 

"Erm..." My internal struggle didn't last long and I immediately came to a conclusion. 

I would probably need these points for other stats later, but right now I have been engulfed by my greed. 

I really wanna know what the difference would be if I put these points into charm. And also the thought of increasing my charm is too enticing for me. 

What I didn't realize was that I am still extremely underestimating the meaning of the stats surpassing the natural level cap of humans at level fifty. I still do not understand what it entails for even just one of the stats to enter the threshold of the extraordinary levels past the level fifty cap. And how hard it actually is to increase the stats further when it enters the threshold of extraordinary levels. And how even one more  point on the extraordinary threshold would already make a huge difference. 

Health 105/105 Strength 48/100 Vitality 71/100
Stamina 64/70 Agility 41/100 Charm 62/100
Magic 10/100 Dexterity 39/100 Intelligence 75/100


Stat Points 0
Market Points  82


Abilities


Advanced Mathematics 72/100
Fire Magic 1/100
Water Magic 1/100
Earth Magic 1/100
Wind Magic 1/100
Light Magic 1/100
Void Magic 1/100

I am able to immediately notice the difference. 

My facial structure and contour became sharper and beautiful. My eyes became clearer. My skin looks even smoother and glossier. My hair became even more silky and it's lustre shinier. My stature looked more grand and sturdy. I even briefly felt my muscles realigning themselves giving me a better muscle structure. And my overall features just became even more apparent and regal. 

I looked on to myself satisfied at my 'transformation'. 

"This is addicting." 

This feeling and satisfaction of seeing yourself became more beautiful is addicting. It's like a drug that just makes you want more of it. 

In the future, I'll have to control myself from dumping all my earned Stat points into charm. I wouldn't want to be just all face and no actual package. 

I nodded in satisfaction and turned to get out of the room. 

I turned the knob and slowly opened the door but paused when I heard the conversation on the other side. 

"Why don't you get back to your post? You aren't supposed to be here." 

"I was just going to introduce myself to the person I would be taking pictures of as a courtesy but changed my mind when I saw him. I know I have to see firsthand how'd he transform." 

"If he wants to enter the entertainment circle I bet he could succeed swimmingly." 

"Well he would definitely become famous fast with his looks." 

I smile wryly at their antics. 

I do plan on entering the entertainment industry but not in any way this world would expect, just you wait. 

I announced my presence in the room with the sound of the door opening and closing. And I stepped out onto the waiting eyes of everyone present in the room. 

                                                                                 




I heard the sound of the door opening and immediately turned my head to the direction of the dressing room. 

And what came out from within is nothing short of a masterpiece of a human being. 

How did he change this much just from putting on light make-up, fixing his hair and changing his clothes? 

Are men even allowed to be this beautiful? Scratch that, are humans even allowed to be this beautifu? It's like he came straight out of a fantasy painting. Like he is someone from those fabricated and shamelessly exaggerated ancient history books. Like he's a character from a kid's fairytales. Like someone that should only exist within your wildest dreams and imaginations. 

Yet, he is here standing right in front of me. 

Perfection. 

That is the only thing that could describe this perfect masterpiece standing so regal over there. Anything less could only be deemed as blasphemous. 

His charm is just that extraordinary.

He scans the room slowly as if taking in all of our reactions. 

His golden eyes looks so peircingly sharp and clear they glimmer like real gems. And when those eyes landed on my direction, his mere passing glare felt so intense and enticing it made my breathing hike up and get caught on my throat choking myself with nothing but air. 

His facial lines, his wide shoulders, his long lashes, his perfectly carved lips, his golden orbs, his hair's envious lustre and his imposing posture. I desperately deposited all of it to my memories greedily. 

And at this moment I swore to never forget this picturesque scene and treasure it in my entire lifetime. 

"A-Ahem!... Um... So? How do I look?" 

Contrary to his imposing beauty he let's out that meek mutter. Even his voice sounded so silk and alluring... 

Perhaps because still none of us answered his question, he just merely shifted on his feet awkwardly. 

Oops! I have been staring too much. 

I feel my cheeks slightly heat up as I snapped out of my trance. 

And at the same time as me perhaps also noticing the discomfort on his face the others also began to get their selves back together. 

"Ah-um... Ahem! You're perfect! Simply a masterpiece!" I say matter of factly. 

"Definitely!" 

"I told ya we'll make you shine!" 

"Just as promised, a work of art was made!" 

The others also followed suit in agreement. 

I then excitedly approach him. My camera in tow. 

"Can I take a few shots with you? Just some quick photos for remembrance." I say expectantly. 

"Yeah sure. Why not?" He smiled warmly in agreement to my suggestion. 

*badum!*

Oh shit! This guy is a lady killer! Get yourself together me! You're a grown ass woman to be infatuated with a sixteen year old boy! 

"A-Ahem! C-cool!" 

We then had an impromptu photoshoot in the waiting room. 

I made him do some poses while the others sings praises as they watch on. 

He is killing every expression and mood I want! Just so perfect! 

We were only stopped when the door to the waiting room abrubtly opened and team leader came in. 

"Alright guys i hope you're done because we need him on stand by now. He needs to be entering the venue just shor---" 

As expected, even the strict team leader became motionless at the first sight of him. If the gawk was any indicator, she is absolutely speechless much like us. 

"Oh alright I'm ready now. Um... Can you please send me the pictures too I want a copy of each." 

I flinched at the sudden closure of distance between this masterpiece of a being and I. And I was only able to reply with a small nod. 

Damn! I need to really get my shit together!

We left the room. We left sir Aziel on the front door of the venue and told him to only enter when his name is announced. And I walk into my post inside the venue near the stage with the team leader. 

"He became so stunning." She muttered. 

"Hm-mm~" I just hummed in approval.

"It's like he's a fantasy character that shouldn't actually exist." She added. 

"Hmm~ Like some ancient prince." I mutter absent-mindedly. 

"It'd be a waste of his good looks if he didn't become a star in the entertainment industry in some way." She says also in a trance. 

Oh you wouldn't have to worry about that. I'm very sure after today, scouts from numerous agencies will flock to him like moths to a flame. 

There are a few reporters here after all. Looking to get a scoop of the recent achievement of the Mathematical association and what it would indicate for the closely related and severely underrated enchantment industry. 

These people are in for a shock. 

But that doesn't matter, because I will be the first one to be in line. 

I will have to talk to sir Isaac and make a proposal about this in the latest. 

A smirk made its way to my lips. 

                                                                                 

"And now for the star of this event, please welcome the youngest Grand Mathematician in history... Sir Aziel Edevane!" 

Announced Isaac joyfully towards the sophisticated group of crowd. But when the person in question stepped into the room, silence instead of applause engulfed the place. 

Even he himself could not help but gawk in silence at the sight. Because the person entering rightfully garnered every ounce of attention from everyone present in the venue and deserved nothing less than that. 

Impeccably donning the traditional suit of the kingdom he walked regal across the hall and onto the stage. 

Must be because of the obvious of lack action from everyone he took the liberty of taking the microphone from Isaac's hand and introduced himself. 

His every act, movement and speech flawless from start to finish according to the standards of those present. Only ever snapping out of their stupor when his speech ended and the sound of the lone clapping of two children sounded. Only then did the applause thundered through the enclosed venue. 

The awarding ceremony took place without a hitch. But the discussion of the equations was met with half of the people taking notes and spending absolute attention, and the other half with a lack of attention for the discussion. Not because of disinterest but because of the more distracting and enticing thing than the discussion, the beauty of the speaker. 

After the discussion finished, a few reporters attempted to question him about things of issue that he did not quiet seem to understand. But they were blocked and escorted out of the venue by secury before they could even finish their sentences. 

Besides that the event proceeded without any big mishaps. Spare for the people gathering and forming a huge crowd around the person of himself during the feast. The leader of the association together with some security for crowd control had to step in and separate the crowd of people from that person. 

And by the end of the day, the rumors of the new ancient Prince of the modern era spread into the people of the Rinon Kingdom. 

7