Chapter 20: Sneaking Gone Wrong
146 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We are currently on our way home from the Mathematical Association's event in a car lent by sir Isaac. We are being driven to our house by his chauffeur. 

Luke, Nicole, and mom has been browsing through the many photos that mom took althrough out the event. And you will occasionally hear giggles here and there. 

I smile warmly because of their antics then went back to observing the blue screen in my view. 

Health 105/105 Strength 48/100 Vitality 71/100
Stamina 56/70 Agility 41/100 Charm 60/100
Magic 100/100 Dexterity 39/100 Intelligence 75/100

Stat Points 0
Market Points 82

Abilities

Advanced Mathematics 72/100
Fire Magic 1/100
Water Magic 1/100
Earth Magic 1/100
Wind Magic 1/100
Light Magic 1/100
Void Magic 1/100

When I changed back into my clothes my charm Stat went down by two. 

I guess that just means the clothes really do make the man, huh? 

And if it's like that, I guess it will also drop by another one or two points again if I remove this hairstyle. I didn't really have it removed because I didn't really see the point in doing so. 

And definitely not because I didn't want my Charm level to drop, okay? Definitely not! I am not that childish. 

That being said, I think I should also learn how to do braids on my hair from now on. It really suited me after all. 

While I was having such thoughts the car came to a slow halt and I only noticed so when the kids started excitedly squealing that we are home. 

We got out of the car and the kids immediately ran towards the door. 

Seriously, they wouldn't even be able to open it since it's locked. 

Me and mom stayed for a bit to thank the chauffeur for driving us safely home. Only then did we join the kids at the door. 

By the way, we are also carrying various gifts from the people in the event today. And one of them is the clothes I wore to the event from sir Isaac. 

He said he was very pleased with the outcome of the event and gifted me the clothes as thanks. 

Rich people really are incredible. To be gifting out expensive clothes like these. 

Since entering the house I went straight into my room. While mom and the kids went to relax in the living room. 

I didn't change into my casual at home clothes yet because I have another agenda for today. 

I glanced into the desk counter by the corner of my room. There, an envelope with the same color blue of the system screen is placed. 

That's right, I plan on sneaking into dad's company to get the market's car blueprint to him before tonight's presentation schedule. 

It is still too early right now though and mom might not really let me go out just after coming back home and for no apparent reason. So I will also have to sneak out of here before having to sneak into the company somehow. 

But before all that, I have to come up with a reason so mom wouldn't have a reason to come looking for me so she doesn't find out I actually sneaked out. 

And I think I may just have the perfect alibi for that. 

But it is still too early for any of that. It is only half past two after all. I presume I will need to head out at around five to make it to the company and figure out how to enter it, if I want to deliver the blueprint just in time for the presentation. 

With a plan in mind and plenty of time to spare, I head out of the room and into the livingroom where I found the kids and mom watching the favorite cartoons of the kids. 

I join them in the sofa intending to just past the time like this. 

Seeing me sit both Luke and Nicole raced towards me and sat on each of my laps.

And just as I had intended, the time passed leisurely just like that and it's finally time to start heading out.

I ready myself to start the plan with a deep breath. 

"Huu..." And with that heavy sigh as the signal, I initiated the act. 

"Mom~?" I tiredly muttered. 

I forgot to mention this but as you may have probably guessed, I excell quite well in acting. Due to the nature of my previous life's circumstances as a big time con man I learned how to act so naturally and realistically in able to survive. 

With a lot of people wanting to kill me from left and right and from all side, I have to be good at deceiving people if I don't want to really get killed. 

So of course someone like mom would have no way of telling I am just actually acting. 

"Yes, honey?" She says to me as she shifted her eyes from the camera she's currently looking into once again since I don't know when. 

Just how many times is she planning on looking through them again and again? 

"Mom I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed early." I say also adding a believable yawn in the middle. 

"Oh right. You had to talk to so many people today. I guess you must be exhausted after that... What about dinner honey? You want me to take it upstairs for you later?" She promptly stood up from her seat intending to go to the kitchen. 

"No. I had eaten a lot earlier. I'm still feeling stuffed. I think I'll just skip dinner and just go to bed early." I say so without much energy in my voice. 

I then trudged to the stairs slowly as if my entire body was heavy. 

"Alright, sleep tight honey." Mom say with a gentle smile at my leaving back. 

I just nodded without looking back at her. 

When I reached my room I immediately went to the counter and took the blue envelope with the blueprints.

Alright phase one complete!

Now for phase two; sneaking out of the house. 

I opened the only window in my room. 

Yes I know, this is the second floor of the house. So there's no way I can get out that way, right? 

Wrong. 

As an ex-con man who's main job is to seduce women to bed and take their important and valuable belongings, there have been countless of times when I had to escape secretly from the house without using normal means. 

And at a number of times, I would have to escape through the windows no matter if it's on the second floor or higher. 

My point is that, getting out of here through the second floor window is just a piece of cake for me. 

I bit on the envelope to hold it and proceeded to sit onto the window sill. Then twisting my body so that my hands are holding the window sill tightly. I then jumped off from my sit on the window sill so now I am hanging onto it instead. 

All while having to muffle a groan from coming out of my mouth because my face hit against the wall since I wasn't able to control the strength of my jump. 

I then finally released my grip on the window sill and hurriedly positioned my hands and feet to absorb the shock of the fall, and then rolling to the side while quickly protecting my head to soften my landing. 

I may have overestimated the physical capabilities of a sixteen year old a bit since my landing isn't as smooth as I had wanted it to be. But except from the scratches here and there nothing is really injured. 

Alright then! Phase two complete! 

Time to get into the company and figure out how to sneak in. 

Around the time when the sun started to set I finally arrived in front of dad's company. 

I decided to scout the perimeters all the while taking notes of some key components such as the location of the guards, positioning of the surveillance cameras, and doors or any possible points of entry into the building. 

I pretend to just be a passerby while doing all that. Only ever going one round on the building to decrease the chances of anyone suspecting me. 

What? Aren't I too good at this? 

I have actually done several similar cases in my previous life so I am quite used to this. And I have a good number of experiences looking for possible routes to use to get into a building without getting noticed. Since at times, I would be made to sneak in a few of boss' guys in a place to help with looting the valuables. 

Using that experience, I noticed that one side of the building has significantly less guards than the other sides. No. There were not even a single guard there at all. And the security cameras seems to also not be working on that side of the building. All in all it was perfect for sneaking in. 

"Wel well... Isn't this just convenient?" 

This must be my lucky day! 

I say as I obviously picked that part of the building to sneak into. I quickly located the back door that can be used to enter inside. And to my surprise the door is not locked at all. 

"???" I seriously thought I would have to pick this door to open it. 

What the heck? What are the security personnel of the company doing? Are they not afraid of burglers going in and stealing important company secrets? 

This is too easy I am starting to doubt if this is actually a trap where they intentionally let the burglers in and catch them once they are inside. 

Anyways, thankfully that was not the case at all. But strangely, even the inside of the building of this area is devoid of any security whatsoever. 

The same as in the outside, there were no guards patrolling at all and all the security cameras seems to not be working as well. 

That isn't to say that the entire building was devoid of any people. 

At times I would see employees busily walking here and there doing their own things. And so I would have to hide. But those times are surprisingly seldom to what I initially expected, like this side of the building is intentionally being avoided by people. 

Is lady luck seriously helping me today? 

Anyways, I avoided the places where I would see these employees. But what really buffed me the most is that the missing security guards since earlier seems to be blocking this particular part of the building. Like they are making sure that no one unnecessarily enters this area. Only ever allowing some employees to enter after stating their business within this section.

Seeing the reaction of some of such employees, they didn't seem to know what is happening either. 

Is this actually an important area for some reason? 

Anyways I obviously avoided those parts where the guards are standing guard. Everytime I see a glimpse of them I would change my route immediately. 

"Oh? What do you know? Bingo!" 

And just as I was wondering where I would find dad's office like this, I came across a door that has a sign plate that says; Team B- Team Leader, Richard Edevane. 

HAHA! So lucky! 

I tried opening the door but it seems to be locked. It must be either no one is inside or there are actually people inside. But I have no need of risking getting caught by picking this door open. 

I just decided to simply slip the envelope through the gap of the door from the floor. 

But when I was just about to do so that's when I heard the approaching footsteps coming from inside. 

In my panic, I quickly stood up intending to make a run for it. But the slightly muffled conversation that followed caught my attention more. 

"Who would've thought they'd actually manage to make a decent blueprint and report files within the day? Even if they downgraded it compared to the original one, I heard boss say that it's still good enough for them to use for later." 

"Tsk! Those guys are capable it's annoying. They are just a group of lessers, they can't even read the atmosphere and just obediently stay silent on the corner! Now we have to come here again a second time to take these new ones away." 

I was stunned as I tried and comprehend their conversation. 

"..."

What are the---? Wait... 

"!!!"

Suddenly everything wierd that has been happening since earlier made sense. 

Dad's important presentation files... They weren't missing, they were stolen! 

As I came into that conclusion, the door abruptly opened and I came face to face with two men that's not wearing the company's employee uniform I noticed on others earlier. 

The two also seemed shock at that the sight of me. I was so shaken up but my eyes froze at the thing one of the men was holding in his hand. It's an envelope that has the words; Team B- Presentation Materials written on it. 

"Ah... That's..." Perhaps still shaken up with the sudden turn of events, my mind don't seem to be making rational decisions right now. 

As I was muttering that so to myself, one of the men lunges at me to a tackle. Because of the surprise from the sudden movement, I snapped out of my stupor and thankfully I was able to dodge by dropping to my ass and side rolling away from him. 

The other man however immediately jumped to pin me down but I managed to kick him on the chin before his landing. 

I immediately stood on my feet and bolted!

"Y-you---!!!" 

"Stop! Stop right there!" 

Fuck you! As if I would!

I ran into the empty corridors desperately trying to remember the way out in my currently messed up mind state. 

But I heard the sounds of rushed footsteps following after me which only made me panic even further. 

"I-I have to do something!" 

Anything! Anything to separate me from them! 

That's the only thing that is desperately repeating in my head. 

"S-system!" 

That's right! I have the system! 

B-but, what can I do? I can't fight two fully grown men by myself and I'm pretty sure they have weapons too. 

I turn on the intersection that I know doesn't have any guards desperate to find anywhere to hide. 

The guards must be in cahoots with them. 

That's right! It's obvious they were looking out for them. That explains why they were not letting employees within this area and the turned off security cameras too!

I saw the door leading to the emergency staircase. And I immediately went there without hesitation. 

I went upstairs. It's the only option. 

If only I can somehow find dad... No. I would be endangering him as well. 

The sound of heavy hurried steps on the staircase from behind me put me back into panic. 

Think! What can I do? 

Magic? 

I don't even know how to use it yet!

Do I fight back? 

That's not even an option!

I went out of the emergency staircase when I saw another door. I don't even know what floor I am in now. 

"Huu... Huu... Huuu!!!" Sounds of my heavily labored breaths. 

I scan the new hallways praying to see other people but to my dismay found another isolated hallway. 

But I found a stuff room and decided to hide in there. 

I muffled my breaths behind my hands and desperately tried to think of a way to escape this place. 

"..!" 

I then suddenly remembered something. 

Yes! I have that! 

Search! Market combat skills! 

That's right! The market not only sells blueprints. It sells all kinds of things! Including skills! 

Something! Please give me something useful! 

...SEARCH: COMBAT SKILLS FROM THE MARKET...

...... 




HURRY! 

A list of skills appeared in my view. 

"Haaah! Where did he run off to?!" A gruff labored voice sounded just outside the door. 

"!!!" I tightens the hands around my mouth.

The sound of my beating heart out of adrenaline loud in my ears. 

Leave... Just please leave... 

Absolute dread filled me as I saw the shadows of his feet under the light coming from the gap between the door and the floor below. 

In the worse time such as this, I am realizing just how weak I am. 

Just how pathetic and weak I still am even after reincarnating.

Contrary to my wishes the shadows never left the spot outside the door but instead got even closer to it. 

"!!!" 

!!!PURCHASE COMPLETE!!! 




The man outside slammed into the door. 

"Come out you brat!" He angrily shouted. 

"Hey, step out of the way..." 

The shadow got smaller but another appeared. And suddenly... 

*SWOOSH!* *BAAAAM!!!*

The door got turned into smithereens. 

My eyes widen. It was only for a brief moment but I saw it... 

*Gulp*

"Wind magic..." I mutter disbelievingly under my breath. 

The guy with a hand stretched out smirked deviously at the sight of my expression. 

Then the other one stepped up cracking his knuckles along the way. 

"No hard feelings brat... You're just too nosey." 

A sudden gush of deja vu suddenly hit me in this most inappropriate of times from this current scene and his clique line. 

I vein unknowingly appeared on my forehead. My eyes becoming bloodshot at the sudden recollection of the buried memory. 

I lifted my hand in a fanning motion and aimed it towards the annoying cocky guy that overlapped with the image of a black suited man in my mind. 

And with pure anger and hatred and maybe even irrationality I shouted the name of the skill I just bought. 

"BLAZING WAVE!!!" 

Together with the wave of my hand a big blazing wave of fire flew towards their direction. 

"Wh--!!!" 

"Hiii!!!" 

The suddenness of the attack caught them off-guard. 

"Huu..." A sigh of relief. 

Great its strong. I wouldn't have to use the other one I bought just in case... 

"?!?!?!" 

As I was having such thoughts a dreadful reality slapped me across the face. 

The cocky guy from earlier suddenly put on a serious expression and countered my attack with his own. 

*SPLASH!* *SSSSHHHH!*

A wall of water appeared out of thin air and wrapped around the two men protecting them. 

As a result my attack pathetically got extinguished even before making any real damage anywhere. 

"!!!" I was speechless. 

So this is real magic. 

"Fun times over, you brat!" 

I was caught off-guard because of my stupor and the same guy immediate closed in the distance between us with a speed unlike earlier. He is now aiming a dagger straight into my heart. 

I immediately hurried to activate the other skill I bought. 

*SSSRRHHHRRK!*

But to my confusion nothing happened and the knife embedded itself to my chest undoubtedly reaching my heart. 

"Pu-tue!" 

...What?...

A red screen unlike usual suddenly appeared in my view. 

...INSUFFICIENT MAGIC POWER... 




A mouthful of blood came out of my mouth first then the searing pain in my chest finally registered followed by the wet sensation around the same area. 

"Gggrrk!" I groan in agony as I start to feel my body loosing strength. 

...Why?...

As if to answer my fleeting thought, a familiar screen appeared in my view. 

Health 5/105 Strength 48/100 Vitality 71/100
Stamina 8/70 Agility 41/100 Charm 59/100
Magic 0/100 Dexterity 39/100 Intelligence  75/100


Stat Points 0
Market Points 42


Abilities


Advanced Mathematics 72/100
Fire Magic 1/100
Water Magic 1/100
Earth Magic 1/100
Wind Magic 1/100
Light Magic 1/100
Void Magic 1/100

"......"

I was only able to stare at one thing in the screen. 

But all my remaining strength, feelings, sensations, and thoughts vanished altogether. 

And my world turned dim. 

                                                                                 



[Author's Note] A longer chapter this time. 😍😍😍

And that's because I would be absent more and more in the future, I hope you all please bear with me. 

Reason being I am currently rewitting the story on a different website. To Webnovel to be exact. Because I just found out they have more features there. 

But don't worry, I would still be posting here. Just that I'm letting you know I may be absent one of these days and that's because I would be busy rewitting the story on the other side. 

Alright that's all, love you all. I always appreciate your continued patronage of my story. Thank you ❤️❤️❤️😁

5