This Gyaru Will Date the Otaku in 71 Days
203 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that incident yesterday, the Otaku just wants to go home straight after school today, and probably for the rest of his high school life. Too bad for him, the rain begins to crash down from the sky. The weather report said it was going to be clear skies!

Since he assumed that it wasn’t going to rain, the boy didn’t bring an umbrella with him. However, that’s not the problem for him at the moment. Instead, it has to do with all these couples walking by him. Not an uncommon sight to see all these happy boys and girls with someone they care about…

He’s, uh, totally not jealous with this sight… Okay, he is. But only just a little bit.

Seeing all this just makes him remember something he’d rather not. The Gyaru is totally going to be on a date with that guy from yesterday. He hangs his head down in sorrow at the thought, it appears that things are over between them. Though, it’s not like they ever started.

“Oi, otaku!” However, a voice calls out to him. It’s the Gyaru, holding up her umbrella wondering what’s up with him.

“Oh, um.” He isn’t sure how to talk to her. Why is she here, and not with that other guy, he wonders. “I thought you had other plans.”

“You really think I’m going out with that guy?” She lets out a big laugh. While it’s true that she accepted it to get back at the Otaku. She can’t actually accept, seeing as she has work. So she just came up with an excuse to get rid of him. “Well, I’m off to work now.”

“Wait!” He stops her. He doesn’t have work with her today, but… “Um, do you think you could… Take me home?”

“How embarrassing.” She teases him. “To have to be walked home by a girl, you really do live up to the stereotype.” He turns his head away, feeling a bit flustered from her teasing. This girl really knows how to push his buttons. “But… I think I have a little bit of time.” She still offers it to him, to which he gladly accepts.

This is mildly awkward. Despite her cheerful demeanor when she allowed him to come with her. It feels weird, even for her, that she’s holding the umbrella for the two of them.

There’s also something else that’s holding them back. While she may be fine with talking with him, she just hasn’t been able to admit the truth. About why she’s taking issue with him talking with those other girls. Lucky for her, she doesn’t have to be the one to bring it up.

“I’m sorry.” he says, breaking their silence. The Otaku will be the first one to bring it up, solely for the sake of getting her forgiveness. “About, what happened a couple weeks ago.” Talking with that other girl that looked like her. It really made her upset, though he wasn’t confident in why.

“I should be the one apologizing.” He looks at her like this is a dream. Did he really just hear that she’s the one apologizing to him? “It wasn’t your fault, and I got mad over nothing.”

“But why did you get so mad?” He wonders. While it might’ve looked weird, why should she care so much?

“I, um.” She tried to find an excuse. “Just thought that you decided to run tail and abandon me.” She says, coming up with an excuse. “Don’t think you can just avoid being my-” She was about to say gofer, to try and play off how she feels about him. However, he cuts her off.

“I wouldn’t do that.” He says. “Because… I was just hoping we were… Friends.” He’s afraid that she might flip out over the thought, but he just has to tell her the truth.

“F-f-friends?” She replies, almost taken aback from him. “Gee you really think that?” He thinks she about to laugh and make fun of him, but only the former is true. “Heh, I guess you ain’t so bad yourself.”

“What?” He’s shocked to see that she’s not mocking him. Instead, she’s happy to hear that.

“If that’s how you feel, then I guess I can forgive you.” She smiles, causing him to smile back. He’s rather relieved at their small revelation. Too bad he’s disappointed with what happens next.

“Eh, why are we at work?!” He sees that they completely forgot that he needed to go home. “Aww, I guess I do have walk home in the rain after all.” However, she has something else in mind.

“Or, you stay a bit for the rain to stop.” She offers. “You can even grab a bite, it’s on me.” The Otaku graciously accepts. Even though the rain may have put a damper on him at the start, it turns out to have given him the rainbow at the end.

7