Chapter 1: Meeting with the Entity of Demons and the Night
1.1k 15 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huh, so where am I,” Sonara asks, standing in an endless void. A second ago she was about to walk on stage for a concert, but suddenly she was here. She looks down and her electric guitar was still tied around her tangible, non-floating body, which was also still there.”Looks like I’m not dead yet. At least I don’t look like a ghost, I'm not translucent to floaty.”

“Smart observation,” a voice calls out. Sonara turns around to look from where it came from. “Over here, behind you,” the voice calls out again. She turns around once more and sees an androgynous being with long black hair and small white horns. She was surprised but kept a calm face.

I swear I looked there. Where did she come from? By a glance, Sonara had no idea what gender the being was in front of her. She would think it’s a girl but it had no boobs.

“Hmm, think of me of having no gender, I do prefer to be genderless. You can call me Jordan, the entity of demons and night, and am the current leader of the dark faction. In my domain, I can do anything I wish.”

Are they the devil? If they ruled over demons they had to be. 

“Just because I represent demons doesn’t mean I am the devil. You otherworlders are so annoying with that. I am more like a god. The Greek kind, not the Christian kind. I’m not omnipotent or anything,” Jordan replied, looking somewhat upset.

“You can read my mind?” Sonara looks at Jordan with her levels of surprise rising.

“Of course, I’m a god. While I can’t do it elsewhere, in my domain I can do it.”

“You said something about being part of a dark faction? What does that mean? Are there more entities?” Sonara’s curiosity peaked. This sounded like something out of her dreams.

“Hmm, good question. I guess I should explain what’s happening. So not as recently the human and demon empires decided to go to war over territory. The dwarves and elves sided with the humans, their close trade partner, and the scalefolk, the long-time allies of the demon, joined in as well. The rest of the nations stayed neutral, wanting to avoid conflict. At the beginning of the war, most gods and goddesses split up into three groups, the dark faction supporting demons and the light faction supporting the humans. Of course, there are the neutral ones as well. So recently the humans managed to find the old hero summoning spell, which the demons copied and decoded first. We decided to split the heroes with a game of fate.”

"So if there are multiple, how come I'm the only one here?" At Sonara's question, Jordan looked more uncomfortable and started mumbling out an answer. Sonara leaned in and asked once more, "Sorry I couldn't hear what you said, can you repeat it louder?"

"FINE. I LOST OKAY. How was I supposed to know they had the god of gambling on their sides. When did they recruit that bastard?" Jordan blew their lid. Sonara suddenly had a question.

"Wait who else was summoned?"

"Your classmates," replied Jordan still annoyed by the memory.

"Damn why did it have to be them out of everyone else on earth!" Sonara absolutely hated them. She was a pop star in a girl band, a very popular one at that although she was in high school. Most of them were pretentious jerks who tried to get on her good side when she entered the school and then would spread gossip and rumors trying to hurt her image. It was lucky that she avoided anything that could lead to a scandal.

The rest were filled with perverted freaks who would stare at her creepily rather than have the guts to ask her out, soon to be gangsters who bullied some guy in the corner, said guy the corner, and "heroes" who tried to stand up for justice but somehow always seemed to miss the actual injustices. Unless it was a conspiracy, Sonara just thought they were dumb.

"Your classroom had the largest group of people with the highest potential," Jordan replied robotically.

"So tell me why you chose me out of like 30 people? Did I have the highest potential or something?"

"Unlike them you know two things. The look of death and how to kill. You had an above-average potential though." Immediately Sonara clenched her teeth and sent a scary smile towards Jordan.

"You know you brought up a pretty bad memory there. Never mention something like that again."

"O-okay. Jeez. Sorry.” Sonara took a deep breath to calm herself down.

“So what happens now?”

“Well, the neutral gods took our side on this as they thought that it was super unfair. Thus they decided to give you an advantage!” Jordan looked proud that she was able to get this. Sonara just looked at her like she was stupid.

“So what do I get,” Sonara asked, deciding to break the awkwardness. Jordan smiled sheepishly.

“Yeah, so to make it fair you get to make your own holy weapon, get 4 blessings, and a cheat ability of your choice. Meanwhile, the others don’t get to pick their class and get holy weapons they aren’t used to and only 4 of them get a blessing.”

“How is that much better? They basically get the same stuff.”

“It’s better because you can beat them 1 on 1 until you win. So tell me what you want. We don’t have too much time left so you’ll have to be quick.” Sonara’s head began to tip downwards as she began to think. Suddenly her electric guitar entered her view and mind again. She smiles with an idea.

They always said when applying for college focus on what you do best.

“I decided. My holy weapon should be this electric guitar and my cheat skill should be related to being able to fight with music!” She suddenly pulled out a chuunibyou pose she learned drove crowds wild. Jordan politely claps.

“Okay then,” Jordan said, “well we’re going to send you down now. The demon king can tell you the rest. Well, see ya later, gotta go.” Jordan began waving goodbye.

“Wait! I still have other questions, don’t just force them on someone else.”

“Sorry we ran out of time, anymore I’ll be forced to pay some divinity.” With that suddenly Sonara was engulfed in white light and disappeared. Jordan stood there confirming that Sonara was gone and then turned around walking through a doorway that suddenly appeared. She arrived in a giant meeting room with creatures of all shapes and sizes.

“Okay folks. We’ve sent our hero. We are at an extreme disadvantage against our opponents so start brainstorming ideas. We gotta win this unlike the last one or else we'll lose nearly everything we've built together.”

44