Chapter 2: A New World
1.1k 15 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The summoning is a success!” An old demon in a robe said happily. Sonara looked around her and saw a bunch of similar old hunched men taking notes, sometimes nodding at her. She looked down and couldn't find her guitar, but assumed that she would get it later. The gods probably had to make it into a holy weapon. The original demon who had been talking when she had arrived, walked up to her. "Hello, the hero from another world. You must be confused as to what's happening. Please forgive me for not explaining to you right now, but my name is Thorpe, the head magician of the demon kingdom. If you don't mind, come with me to meet the king." Thorpe began to lead her out of the room. Sonara quietly followed, slowly taking in everything around her. The castle was built for practicality, not design. While there were paintings, most of the walls were made from stone bricks. She passed by a large glass window. Outside she could see a city below them and 2 layers of walls between the castle and city.

"Was this originally meant to be a fortress?" Sonara questioned Thorpe.

"I'm happy you noticed that! It was originally meant to be a fortress but when the previous demon king realized its defensiveness he changed the capital to here! I remembered when I was a kid and it happened. The nobility hated it but the commoners saw this as the new king not being an idiot indulged in his desires. There was a huge celebration with a parade too!" Thorpe seemed to be an old man who loved to talk, a fun person to be with. He continued talking about when he was young what had happened.

Sonara learned a couple of things from his stories. The demon nation was tolerant in a lot of ways. While there was some racism, racists were looked down upon and the nobility was filled with people with a diverse history and lineages. Thorpe was a noble but played with commoners. His friend became the archmage while he became the lead researcher. He began to talk about how the current demon king was the best one ever, how his policies vastly changed the country. Before he could finish they reached a large set of doorways.

If you're confused by the race thing, we are part of the human RACE There is the demon RACE. Well, I think that explains enough. also, I wanted to clarify quickly that there are separate kingdoms of the ones in the war that think/act differently.

"I must leave the story here. I lost track of the distance remaining. Please forgive me for talking too much." Thorpe said

"Sure, I didn't mind it. It was super fun to listen to."

"Well, we must enter to meet the demon king." With this, he pushed open the giant double door with ease. 

No way! He's way stronger than he looks! Sonara gaped at Thorpe, who smiled at her shock. He lifts his arm and flexes his muscles under the robe.

"I'm much stronger than I look," he says smiling. Then he walks in with Sonara following behind him.

"INTRODUCING HEAD RESEARCHER THORPE AND THE DARK HERO!" A loud voice resounded in a long, brightly lit hall. On the side sat many rich, distinguished-looking people, all different from one another. On the left stood many knights. At the end of the hall were two seats, 1 filled with who Sonara assumed to be the king. He had black hair and a goatee.  Standing next to him was a girl with white hair in a dress. Thorpe had left her and walked towards the right. Sonara proceeded to walk towards the king on his throne. 

"Hello, hero from another world. May we have the pleasure of knowing your name?" The king called out.

"I'm Sonara. I have a question?"

"Ask away."

"Do I have to talk formally? In my old world, everything was informal and I'm not sure if it's the same here. If it's considered rude, I'll try to learn the etiquette but personally, I would prefer not to." Saying this the girl on the right of the king became upset.

"Father you're telling me this is the hero? How could we-"

"Silence Nix. Sorry about the Hero Sonara, please forgive my daughter for what she has said. To answer your question, it's no. You may speak informally. My name is Velfrin, the demon king and this is my daughter Princess Nix." After hearing his answer, Sonara began to study the princess closer. She wasn't paying attention to the king's speech on how the war began and how the humans declared it a "holy war" and the other stuff he was saying. 

This girl is 100% my type. Damn, she's gorgeous. I wonder if she'll say yes if I ask her out? Once she met her eyes and the princess quickly looked away. Oh, she's a shy girl. Damn, that makes her even better. 

"Hold up King. Just wondering do you expect me to do this for free?" Sonara interrupted him. In the background had disappointed and harsh whispers.

"SILENCE!" The king yells out, quieting the hall. He put a strained smile on his face and turned back to Sonara. "So what would you like hero? We can give you gold or power?"

"I want the princess's hand in marriage," Sonara asked with her ears tinged red with embarrassment. The king seemed surprised and confused by this development.

"If you want the throne you could ask for it directly. there is no need for such a roundabout way." Hearing this Sonara felt frustrated. She had worked up the courage to ask this but the king was assuming that her love was fake.

"That's not why I want it. I want to marry the princess because she's gorgeous and adorable and I fell in love at first sight." Sonara said these words in the spur of the moment, without thinking. Realizing what had come out of her mouth her face flushed red. At the same time, Nix realized what the hero had said had a brain overload.

She thinks I'm gorgeous. Nix's face was also flushed red. She had heard this from too many suitors but hearing, and looking at the girl in front of her, she could tell when was different. Does that mean she loves me? She isn't that bad-looking though. I don't what her personality is like though, I have to stay vigilant.

"I can't get distracted by that beautiful face," Nix says aloud. This time it's Sonara's brain's turn to overheat.

"Then I will give you my daughter's hand in marriage," the king says. The princess turns around to look at the king.

"Father, what do you mean? I didn't agree to this!"

"Well, it's the hero's wish, we must comply. Plus you're the one always complaining about your suitors annoying you. This way we get the hero's help and you can come to like her in your own time instead of being forced into a political marriage." The king replied smiling at his daughter.

"Fine then."

"Forgive us for the interruption Hero Sonara. We would request now that you say the word status and take a look at what you have." The conversation returned to Sonara.

"Status," she called out. In front of her appeared a screen.

Name: Sonara Hofenschar Race: Otherworld Human      
Class: Dark Hero of Music(Lv. 1)  Subclass: None EXP Needed: 100      
HP: 150 MANA: 150 STM: 150      
       
ATK: 15 END: 15 DEX: 15      
INT: 15 WIS: 15 DEF: 15      
CHA: 50  PER: 50 LUK: 15      
       
Skills: Music Magic(Lv.1), Sound Blast(Lv.1), Courage Aria(Lv.1), Weapon Bond(Lv.MAX)(Electric Guitar)      
Titles: Otherworld, Dark Hero, 1 Against an Army, Idol      
 

Blessings:
Blessing of the night: Stats booster by 1.5 at night and Darkness vision
Blessing of frost: Nullification of ice damage, nullification of cold, and affinity to monsters that live in cold environments
Blessing of undeath: Allows you to revive once a month and affinity to undead monsters
Blessing of truth: Can see a person's affinity when activated

     

"Whoa!" Sonara didn't expect this at all. She studied her stats, clicking on random stuff. She realized her perseverance and charisma were stupidly high.

Must be because I'm good lucking and dumb enough to fight 30 people who'll be almost as powerful as me. Well, that first blessing has got to be from Jordan. These are pretty nice, but I wonder what that last one does? She activated the ability and suddenly a bunch of numbers floated above everyone's head with words. She looked around and found that Thorpe had the highest affinity with the word researcher. She took a look at the princess who had a 78% with the bar reading assassin. This skill is made so I can recruit people! 

Sonara then checked out her skill Weapon Bond. Clicking on it, her guitar suddenly appeared in her hand. She could see the guitar's stat as well. Everyone else looked surprised, wondering if she was already blessed with a legendary weapon to use.

Electric Guitar

Rarity: Godly
Bond - Can grow with the user

Unbreakable
Auto-tune
+15 blunt damage
2000% to music magic
1000% damage buff to magic transmitted 

Weapon Skills: Summon

 

Sonara's guitar was stupidly OP. No wonder it was considered godly. She strummed it listening to the sound that came out. Perfectly in tune. The onlookers realized it was an instrument and we're surprised how she could summon it.

"Well then hero, that is all for today. I imagine you're very tired, even if you're yet to realize it. I'll ask my daughter to take you to your room. Tomorrow you'll begin your lessons on how to fight." Saying this the king dismissed everyone in the room. Sonara then realized how tired she was. The excitement of a new world had run out and now she wanted to sleep. She looked back and saw Thorpe leaving. He gave her a quick wave before leaving the room. The king then stood up and turned to his daughter. "Dear, can you take the hero to her room? I'll see you afterward for a meeting?"

"Yes father," Nix replied. She waved Sonara to follow her and left from a door in the back. Almost immediately as they exited the room the princess turned around and asked, "Do you actually think I'm gorgeous? It's not a trick right?" Sonara nodded and responded with a question of her own.

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" Suddenly Nix looks bashful and starts squirming.

"You heard that?" Sonara smiled at this.

"Yup. Hearing it made me feel happy. Nice to know I have a chance to get to your heart." Nix turned around and started walking away. Sonara followed but thought she heard a small whisper.

"Baka. I can't deal with such a beautiful smile." The rest of the journey continued in silence. The Nix stopped in front of a door. "This is your room. I'll be going now." With this, she ran away.

I wonder what my room is like? She opened the door to the room and was met with a bright and fancy room. But right now she didn't care about details and just fell onto the bed.

 

 

The Demon Princess Nix, member 1 of the harem.

suvP2GH.png

39