Chapter 3: Day 1 in a New World Part 1
875 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A loud bang echoed in the room.

“Ow! What the hell?” Sonara woke up holding her head. She fell out of her bed and whacked her head on a wooden floor. She noticed the light streaming into her room.

I’m late! Why didn’t the other girls wake me up? She panicked and got up, but saw an old-timey room instead of her dorm. Wait, I'm in another world! No more waking up early and laborious days of practice. Screw you director! Sonara was ecstatic. She took a look around the room and saw it was large and beautifully decorated. There was ornate furniture everywhere and a giant mirror. She took a look in the mirror and immediately noticed her bare body. I must’ve taken them off. Turning around, Sonara checked her bed and saw her clothes all lying there. She returned her attention to the mirror and noticed that her breasts looked larger than usual. She grasped them and noticed they were bigger than they were two days ago. Thank you, Jordan. Then there was a soft knock on the door.

“Sonara, are you up? I’m coming in,” Nix said outside the door.

“Wai-” but by then the door had already opened. There stood Nix, dressed in a dress. They both looked at each other for a while before Nix’s face flushed red. “Get out!” Sonara yelled in embarrassment. Hearing this Nix took the opportunity to exit the room. Sonara quickly got dressed and then opened the door. Her face is still slightly red from the embarrassment. The same was for Nix, but rather after seeing Sonara’s figure, it was more from lust.

Get ahold of yourself Nix! You’re the demon kingdom’s princess. Even though she’s super beautiful, I can’t fall into the hero’s trap. But what will she think of me now? She'll think of me as a pervert! Her line of thinking was slightly messed up after a lack of sleep and after an entire night's thinking, she thought that it was an act of the hero to overthrow her father.

“So what are we doing today?” Sonara asked Nix. Nix just kept looking at Sonara until she realized she was asked a question.

“Ah sorry! Yeah. Today I’ll introduce you to your new maid and we’ll be starting your lessons!” She felt relieved that she was being treated normally.

”Lessons? Dammit, just when I thought I was free of school there is more. So what have I got to learn?”

“History and warfare, mana control, and fighting. I’ve been set as your history and warfare mentor, Thorpe will help you learn magic and Sigorr will teach you about how not to die.” Sonara was worried about the last part.

“So you were saying something about the new maid,” she attempted to change the conversation, “Do I get to choose whoever or has it been assigned?”

“Assigned. Mae, you can come out now.” Suddenly a young girl in a maid outfit ran out from behind a plant and tackled Sonara. She was short with long black hair, red eyes, and had a childish face, with long ears.

“Hi, are you Mae’s new master? I’m Mae, the best maid ever.”

“Isn’t this child labor?!?! I can’t force a kid to work!” Sonara panicked. The girl in front of her looked no older than 8. Hearing this, Mae looked sad. Nix then grabbed her by the ear and dragged her back into the room. “Owowowow, what are you doing?”

“Mae wait here, we’ll be out in a minute.” Saying that she closed the door behind her.

“What was that for?” Sonara was annoyed. 

I’m being treated like a husband when he says something wrong. Wait a husband? That brought a smile to her face as she imagined starting a family in the future. Her thoughts were shattered when Nix suddenly interrupted.

“Sorry for that. Mae was sold by her family to be a testing object for a sadistic wizard. Soon her only point of existence was to do work for her master. We managed to save her, but that mentality hasn’t left. It’s almost like a safety mechanism that hasn’t stopped working. We give her work to do so she doesn’t lose her reason for living. She does act a bit like a kid but manages to get all the work done. Since you're new here, we thought she'd be the best person to get along with you.” Sonara mulled over this in silence, with a pissed-off look on her face.

"Is that person dead? The wizard?" She finally asks turning around.

"Yes. He was executed the day after we caught him. He was also tried for being a traitor and working with the humans. Why?"

"So I could kill bastards like him with my own hands. They don't deserve to live." Her voice seemed to speak through raw pain and experience as if she had seen something similar before. Nix looked at her quietly, unsure about what to do or say. Instead, she hugs Sonara from behind.

"It's okay now. I'll do my best to help protect you," Nix told her quietly.

"Thank you." With this, they exited the door and saw Mae sitting in the hallway.

"Is master going to get rid of Mae for being annoying?" she asked.

"No, you'll be staying with me. Please treat me well."

"Okay, now that's all done, let me take you to your first lesson in history and warfare," Nix said.

"Just wondering, why those two subjects?"

"We assume you know math, as past heroes have and reading will be unessential for now with your automatic translation. You need to know warfare and tactics as you'll be participating in one. And history will be good to get a grasp on the entirety of the world and also know who to run away from."

***

Sonara felt brain dead. You would think that history in a fantasy world would be cooler and interesting than more modern ones, but it was more boring with important people being named for something as small as finding an anti-gravity spell. She would've fallen asleep if Nix didn't karate chop her every time she tried to. She changed her opinion of the princess. She wasn't shy, she was just sadistic and found new prey in Sonara. Ironically after the class was over, Nix fell asleep on the other desk in the room they were learning in. It was a room where the royal family was taught, according to the princess. She said she had also learned here and finished her education 2 years back. Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted as Thorpe entered the room with a bright smile on his face. Even though he was a genius researcher, he seemed to be innocent and airheaded from what Sonara had seen and heard.

"Hello, Mrs. Hero. I'm Thorpe, who you met yesterday."

"Good afternoon Thorpe. I heard from Nix," she indicated to the sleeping princess on the other desk, "that you plan to teach me magic? Also, my name is Sonara, so just call me that."

“Okay Mrs.Sonara,” He says happily. Sonara takes a closer look. Even though his face had wrinkles and his hair was white, he looked relatively young and handsome, like he had only entered his midlife. She knew that all the other girls in her class would be trying to seduce him. 

“It’s just Sonara. So since you're my teacher should I call you Mr. Thorpe?” She asked him teasingly.

“Sure!” Thorpe replied. “Mr.Thorpe sounds super nice. They never called me Mr.Thorpe in the lab. Always, head researcher this, head researcher that.”

“Sure then Mr.Thorpe,” Sonara agreed. “So what will I learn first? Can I shoot fireballs and fly and teleport?” Sonara was excited, she had always wanted to learn magic.

“None of those. The first step will be to learn to feel and control your mana. Now follow these motions with me to begin.” Thorpe slowly moves his body. Sonara followed him for a while without knowing what he was doing until it clicked.

Wait ain’t this yoga? Why the hell are we doing yoga? What does it have to do with magic? Sonara was confused. While she continued she tried to find a connection between this and magic. She finally said something to Thorpe.

“Hey Thorpe, what does this have to do with magic?”

“Before trying to feel something new, you must feel what’s already there. That’s what my teacher told me, but I didn’t get it. I just copied what he did and for some reason, it works.” Sonara looked at Thorpe as if he was an idiot but he didn’t seem to notice.

Sonara realized what the phrase meant. She continued the yoga practice and tried to feel her body. She tried looking for something that she couldn’t feel before, the mana.

“Hey Thorpe, how did you learn to do magic?"

"One day I felt something warm in my gut and decided to try and pull it. Next thing I know I have a floating ball in my hand!" Sonara tried the same. She tried to feel something in her gut. For I while, she didn't feel anything before finally, she felt something hot. She tried to grasp it, and it seemed to follow her will she imagined what Thorpe had said, a ball floating on her palm. Suddenly that warm feeling rushed through her body to her arms. On top of her palm, a small white ball pulsated. Magic accomplished!

"I did it!"

"Congratulations. Luckily you finished before I had to go." Hearing this Sonara looked outside. The sun had already reached its vertex and was starting to come down. She ran to Nix to shake her awake and ask what next.

***

Meanwhile in heaven...

Jordan sat angrily in front of a conference table.

"So tell me which of you idiots thought to spend our divinity in making her boobs larger?" Silence flooded the room and no one answered. "Are you stupid? We're running way too low on divinity. This is the reason it ran out so quickly, cause you idiots spent it on unnecessary stuff."

"I don't think it's unnecessary," a girl with white hair and a bombshell body replied. Around her, the air was misty, almost as if freezing. "I mean if it boosts her morale, I think it's a win!" Everyone else in the meeting room started agreeing while Jordan looked helplessly at them all.

Announcement
Forgive me for the late uploads. If you also read villainess, the chapter should be out soon. I'm shooting for Friday but can't guarantee anything.
42