Chapter 5: Nix’s POV
908 13 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Father, I’ve come to talk to you,” I knocked on the door. After waiting for about a minute my father opened the door and waved me in.

“Are you actually planning to leave?” he asked quietly. I could tell he was upset and against my leaving with these words.

“Yes, I am.” I didn’t want to lie. He must’ve thought it was an extreme measure for a girl I met half a day ago but honestly I had wanted to leave for a long time. “I want to see the world, not be a caged bird anymore, a prize for the higher bidder.” I was frustrated. I wanted to leave this monotonous life in the castle. I wanted to be with her, do things with her, see and know everything about her. Maybe this is what the other women of high society meant when saying that I’ll one day find true love.

“You know it’s a dangerous place out there. And the mission you plan to undertake makes it more dangerous.” Father was quiet in his speech. He seemed sad at my going as if he’d never see me again. 

“I know, I’ve accepted it. I want to be with the hero.”

“Please stay,” he pleaded, “the castle is safer. I can promise a longer life here than out there.”

“I refuse.” I found it funny that the first words I said to her were admonishment for disrespect, yet here I was doing the same thing. I start to giggle with this realization. This causes my father to snap.

“Could you please take this seriously?” He begins speaking louder, being more assertive. “I could lock you in your room to make sure you can’t escape.” These words annoy me.

“If you do, mother will find out. Anyways I always have ways to run away.” While my father was a parent who wanted to control everything, my mother liked me to learn. It also didn’t help that mother was the original heir to the throne. The moment she would hear that I was locked up, she would beat up my father. Then she’d let me go out. So it was a lose-lose situation for my father.

“Fine, you can go,” he heaved out after thinking. “You’re growing up and I realized that I can’t stop you anymore. It’s better that I let you go now than getting hit and forcing you to go later. But promise me to stay safe. If you ever get in danger make sure to run.” 

“Yup, I will.” With this, the conversation ended and I proceeded to walk out quickly, making sure to not let father get another chance to persuade me.

***

“So show me what you’ve got. You just need to yell out the name of your skill for it to activate” Sigorr was telling Sonara. I had just arrived at the training field where they were learning. “Use whatever abilities you have gained and attack that dummy over there.” I looked where he was pointing and there was a line of dummies a distance away.

“Okay. Sound Blast!” Suddenly a scream sounded. It shocked me, and I turned around and saw Sonara there standing yelling. Then the sound suddenly stopped and Sonara stood there fine. 

“That was quite powerful,” Sigorr said next to her, eyes looking as they had found something interesting. Sonara standing next to her had her eyes wide open. I turned back to the dummy. The thing was blasted off its pedestal and slammed into the wall. I felt shocked too. That dummy, while not rare or something, could withstand the hit of someone lv 15, where the difference between it and lv 1 was night and day. 

"Any other skills?" Sigorr followed up.

"Uh, let me check. Yeah, I have this one called Courage Aria and Weapon Bond," she said. 

What the heck, a weapon bond! This was astonishing. That meant that a holy weapon had already chosen her. I ran to her excitedly.

"Sonara, that's amazing, you've already managed to form a bond with a holy weapon. Is it that instrument you summoned when you came?"

"N-Nix? When did you get here?" Her face began to turn red and I noticed her gaze turning to my chest.

Oh, so she's into that? I knew what to do on the night of our marriage. 

"I've been here for a bit. But you were talking about a weapon bond. Show me!" I was excited. While we  had some past ones, father never let me go down to the treasury to see them

"Okay!" Sonara replied, then began to pose. "Weapon Summon!" Suddenly in her hands the musical I saw two days ago appeared. It had strings like a lute or the one that those from the eastern kingdoms used, but rather than being made of wood it was bright colored and shiny.

"So what is it and why is it a holy weapon?" Sigorr decided to tackle the elephant in the room. Thank him for doing so, I wanted to keep my cool look in front of Sonara.

"Oh yeah, we're in a different world. This," she indicates, " is an electric guitar. It sounds super cool and according to the description it has, sound magic is boosted by 2000%, and magic put through is boosted by 1000%." Those were pretty high stats, but it didn't seem to be the best holy weapon. Many of them had other abilities that were far more useful.  Suddenly my reason for coming here came into my mind.

"Oh yeah, Sonara, my father gave me permission to leave the castle and come with you. I was planning to learn to fight, but I wanted to ask your opinion on what I should do?" I was originally thinking of swordsmanship as I had learned a bit of it as part of my education and relayed this to her.

 "I think you should try to be an assassin." She said almost immediately. Sigorr's eyes narrowed scanning her, and I think I did the same. That was an answer that surprised me.

"Why?" Both of us asked.

"I have this blessing that lets me see what someone is best at and the percentage. For Nix, it's an assassin at 78%."

"What's the most common you've seen? What's mine?" Sigorr asked.

"Around 40% and 99% for psychoanalyst."

"Nice. Anyway's that means your highness, you're pretty good. I know an assassin so if you want I can send you to them right now. You're currently wasting our time, and now that that's done, we need to do a lot of work." With this, he pushed me off the field and gave me directions to a teacher. Dammit, I wanted to talk to Sonara some more.

***

I noticed Sonara's lips during one of my lessons. It was the 18th, 19th? They were small and pink and suddenly looked delicious. I put myself on autopilot, a trick I learned for the ballroom. I couldn't stop thinking about them so I decided to take action.

"We're ending lessons a bit early today!" I declared.

"Whoo-hoo!" Sonara said, cheering. She rose to stretch her arms. In that time I got close to her, touching her chest with mine. "Wait, Nix what are you-" I silenced her with a kiss. I inserted my tongue into her mouth, tasting hers. Mmm, it was like the fruit salad we had for breakfast. Her face was also turning as red as the strawberries in that fruit salad. I separate and a string of spit lies between both of our mouths.

"N-Nix, what was that?" She asked embarrassed.

"A kiss. Your mouth was looking really delectable today and I wanted to taste it. Anyways, can I have more?' We then began to move closer together for another one but damn fate.

"I'm here for my class," Thorpe said kicking on the door before entering. In that time we quickly separated. I wanted more though.

Announcement
Sorry 4 the late upload. It was really hard to write in the first person and I still feel the chapter has a lot of mistakes. If you're reading this, tell me if you see any mistakes. Shameless Plug: Remember to like, subscribe, and hit the notification button. Also, recommend this story to others, I want to get 20K views by the end of the year.
30