Chapter 6: Wedding
686 16 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been over a month since Sonara arrived from her old world. In that time she had been put through hell in Sigorr's training. The moment Nix started her training as an assassin, Sigorr increased the difficulty to the max. But today she was let off to prepare for her wedding with Nix.

"Mistress try this one!" Mae was running around constantly bringing dresses for Sonara to try. 

"Wait Mae, you already go to have your fun. But just bring back the pure white one, I have to wear that one." Sonara asked. She had to wear a pure white dress while, a custom that was brought from a different hero and got adopted into the culture. Finally, after a lot of begging, Mae changed her clothes. Sonara looked at herself in the mirror, unbelieving that she got here. Is this how her mother must've felt when getting married. But this thought soured her mood.

Dammit, I thought of him again. He ruined everything. 

"Mistress are you okay? Isn't today supposed to be your happy day with  mistsis[A pun of mistress and sis] Nix?" Mae asked upon seeing Ivana's scowl. This snapped Sonara out of her thoughts, as she left the past and returned to the present.

"Sorry, Mae, I was thinking about something else. But I'm okay now, you don't need to worry. Anyways, let's finish up." The accessories were worn and a veil was put on top of her head. She exited the dressing room where Nix was waiting outside, dressed in a prince outfit.

Wow, she looks amazing. Sonara marveled at how the white and blue suit accentuated Nix's beauty as well as some of her other assets. Nix leaned on a wall, not moving.

"Hey Nix, let's go I'm ready." No response. "C'mon Nix, let's go to the wedding." With another lack of a response, Sonara moved closer and saw that Nix was sleeping. she shook the sleeping Nix awake.

"Where am I?" Nix looked visibly confused.

"C'mon sleepyhead. We have a wedding today. We're getting married." She ran off ahead, going outside the castle to the carriage waiting for them. Right now she felt ecstatic like she was on top of the world. Maybe that was the cause of her recklessness but honestly, she couldn't care less. Nix, seeing this, smiled and ran after her. They got on the carriage and rode to the church of darkness. Along the way, crowds cheered from all around the carriage, happy at the princess' marriage and the arrival of a hero who could help them win the war. It was a day of celebration, almost as if it were out of a story than reality. The church of darkness, ironically made of pure white marble, was where both of them stepped down from the carriage. Around them, many other fancy carriages with all sorts of people and crests were arriving.

"Princess, this way!" A soldier yelled at her from a side door by the entrance. Nix grabbed Sonara's hand and pulled her in that direction.

"Let's go!" They proceeded to walk down a small hallway when the guard led them to a room where the king was waiting inside.

"Thank you, Johannes. You can go now," the King said upon the two women entering the room.

"Yes, your majesty." Johannes exits the room. Nix looked uncomfortably at the king and almost followed the knight out.

"Nix, why are you trying to leave?" The king called her out for it.

"Because you're going to try once again to make me stay." At this, the king coughs.

"I'm not. I was planning to wish you beforehand to have a happy marriage. After a week, you'll be moved to near the front lines where your level grinding will begin. I'm sorry we're fast-tracking everything, but we're wasting too much time and resources." He seemed apologetic he couldn't do more.

"It's fine, Mr.King, sir. A week is enough."  Sonara replied. She would anyways spend time after that with Nix, so it wasn't that much of an issue.

"Well anyway, let me not keep you here. You two do need to get married after all."

***

Sonara walked down a long path down the church, filled to the brim with nobles, famous merchants, folk heroes, and foreign misters and nobility.  She sam many of them had horns, tails, and wings. Some of them had dragon heads while others were short men and women with fully mature bodies. The hall was silent as she walked forward with flowers in her hand. She felt the gazes of many on her, some with envy and jealousy, wishing they were in her position while others were filled with suspicion and shock. Waiting at the front was Nix and a priest. She smiled as she walked up to Nix, who reached out and held her hand. Grabbing it Sonara climbed the steps where the priest began to read aloud from a textbook, talking about how living beings should be moral and what not. Although she had never read any holy book back on earth, she felt like the words coming out of the priest's mouth would be similar enough. The speech continued for a while until suddenly a box appeared in front of him, which he grabbed and opened. Inside were two small rings, silver and red. He turned to Nix.

"Princess Nix Pheira Calisto, do you agree to take Sonara-," he suddenly turned to Sonara and whispered, " sorry but may I know your last name?"

"Karum."

"Sonara Karum to be your wife?" Nix picked up a ring from the box and indicated to Sonara to give her hand."

"I do," replied Nix slipping on the ring. Sonara looked down on this and saw the ring in the shape of a dragon with a jewel in its mouth. She smiled at Nix's answer and now was anticipating her turn to do the same. Now turning to her, the priest asked the same question.

"Dark Hero, Sonara Karum, do you take Nix Pheria Calisto to be your wife?"

"I-" 

*BOOM*

Announcement
Sorry for the late update, forgive this chapter was hard to write and I've had to catch on some work. Anyways thanks for reading and random questions. Do you guys think I write more professionally and casually? If you're willing to also explain why as this would help me a lot more in the future.
29