Chapter 5
1.3k 10 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at my phone while waiting for Karin to arrive here. I'm in the middle of the park in Kuoh town. The park itself is not too big but not too small either, and it is also filled with many children's playground toys.

Currently, I'm sitting on a bench near the pond where I see some older people feeding some ducks.

After waiting for another minute, I see Karin walk toward me. She is wearing a simple black shirt that hugs her body and long dark blue jeans that show her legs. She ties her hair into a ponytail like usual.

"Master"

"Karin, please call me by my name when we are in public. Call me Yamazaki when we are in public."

"Understood, Mas-I mean Yamazaki."

"Good. Please sit down."

Karin takes a seat next to me while I talk.

"I have been thinking all night, and I have made a decision."

"Mas-Yamazaki-kun?"

"In the past, I always wanted to be a hero, but because of my situation and family, I know that I will never be able to do that. Because of that, I made a decision to be the opposite of what heroes do. If fate decides to deny me to become a hero, I just get along with it."

"Becoming a villain?"

"Yup. I want to start my own crime organization. I guess there is one positive thing about living with a criminal family. I know which gang we can hit first."

"Hit them? Ah! You want to rob them."

"Yup. I will depend on you in this one, Karin. You can say that this is your test before your reward."

When I say that, I can see Karin's head perk up at that.

"Leave it to me, master."

"Call me by my name. Anyway, I have three gangs in mind that we can hit. They are a small gang from Tokyo that tries their fortune in Kuoh. A small drug-dealing gang with a side job as an arms dealer."

"What is the name of those gangs?"

"Green-eyed snake, Blue Rain, and The Plunderer. Green-eyed snake is a rather old gang that lasts for twenty years in a city like Tokyo. They try their luck spreading their influence to Kuoh. Their base is in the abandoned factory near the docks. Blue Rain is the newest gang. They started to appear three years ago. They did not have a base, but I hear their money stash is somewhere in the market area. Lastly, the plunderer. They are the most violent gang among the three. They are involved in extortion, loan shark, and murder."

"So, who should we hit first?"

"Hmmm, if we want big money, we can go for Green-eyed snakes as they are the richest among them, but they are also the ones with the most members and equipment, followed by the plunderer and Blue Rain."

Which one should I choose?

-||-

Which gang should Karin and Yamazaki hit first? Pick one:

 

[] Green Eyed Snake: The oldest gang on the list and also the richest as well. Unfortunately, they are also the ones that have the most equipment and members.

(+) Is rather well known. Easy for their main base to be found (15% of not being able to find the base)

(+) If Karin succeeds in robbing this gang, you will get (1,000,000 JPY more or less 8.7K USD)

(+) There is a high chance Karin can steal their gun as well (75% of being able to find something)

(-) A high chance of being spotted by the gang member before Karin could blend in (55%)

(-) The other gang immediately notices your presence.

 

 

[] The Plunderer: While they are not as old as the Green-Eyed Snake gang, they survive for five years as a violent gang. They also survive being attacked twice by other gangs.

(+) They have a bad reputation, and the MC knows the general direction of their main base (30% of not being able to find the base)

(+) If Karin succeeds in robbing this gang, you will get (500,000 JPY more or less 4.3K USD)

(+) There is a moderate chance Karin can steal their gun as well (45% of being able to find something)

(-) A moderate chance of being spotted by the gang member before Karin could blend in (35%)

(-) The other gang will not immediately notice your presence.

 

 

[] Blue Rain: They are the youngest gang in the town. They operate a protection racket and drug dealing around the Docks area.

(+) If Karin succeeds in robbing this gang, you will get (250,000 JPY more or less 2.1K USD)

(+) There is a low chance Karin can steal their gun as well (25% of being able to find something)

(+) A low chance of being spotted by the gang member before Karin could blend in (10%)

(+) The gang will ignore this action

(-) They are not a well-known gang, and the MC did not know where they stored their cash. (65% of not being able to find the base)

-||-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look at the item in front of me before nodding myself. This is another project that I have been working on since two days ago. Karin is currently scouting using her power while I am preparing some gadgets for her.

The device that I have in front of me is a Deep Bag. This bag can hold more items than it should be. This bag is two meters deep and thirty centimeters wide.

How can I make this bag? Well, technically, I did not make the bag. No. I made the device that I planted inside the bag. This device is like a chip that releases exotic energy that enlarges the bag by several times its original size.

I wanted to give her my stun gun, but she said that she did not need it. With her new power, she is more than enough to block any attack coming at her. Seeing that she did not want my stun gun, I decided to buy a wooden mask for her to show her identity. I know she can shapeshift, but I prepare it just in case.

I look out the window and begin to think about how to approach the gang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How should Karin rob the gang? Pick One:

[] Gun Blazing: Karin goes in with a gun blazing, abandoning stealth. If you choose this, you can ignore being spotted by the gang member section. However, you will get into battle mode, where Karin needs to fight her way inside the base. This will notify the police, and you can only have a few chances of getting in and out.

 

[] Shadow of Night: Karin goes full stealth mode, and she will use her power to blend in with the gang members and get inside their vault.

13