Chapter 6
1.2k 11 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Poll Winner:

Blue Rain: 7 votes (0 from Scribblehub, 3 from Patreon, and 4 from Webnovel)

Shadow of Night: 17 (4 from Scribblehub, 3 from Patreon, and 10 from Webnovel)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Dice Roll for Base search (65): 93! Big Success. Karin knows the location of their base and knows where their money is|

*Ring* *Ring*

I picked up the phone and saw that it was Karin who was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Master, I found our target."

"Oh? Where is it?"

"The base is located in the warehouse in the market. It was an abandoned warehouse, and they hid the money in the back of the warehouse."

"Huh? How do you know this?"

"It looks like their payday, master. Some of their members talk about it very loudly."

Huh. I guess they are really new in this business. You did not talk loudly about the location of your money stash. That is a no-no, especially when you did not have a bank helping you to launder that money.

"Great job, Karin. For now, you should get back. My parents are out at the moment. They are in Kyoto. You can go to my house. We need to discuss the strategy."

"Understood."

It is good for us to choose the Blue Rain first because I don't think we can handle the bigger gang just yet. They do not have many members at the moment, and their equipment is not too dangerous if this goes south.

~A few minutes later~

After waiting for twelve minutes, I hear a bell coming from the door. I get downstairs and open up the door. I see Karin waiting for me behind the door.

"Master"

"Please get inside."

I let her get inside the house, and I could see her looking at the room as if she wanted to know every single detail of it. I sit down on the couch, followed by Karin, who sits next to me.

"So, let's hear what you found."

"What do you want to know first, master?"

"Their base. Is there any other door we can use?"

"Yes. There is only one entrance. The massive door or the small door in the front."

"The general location of this warehouse and how many people you can see?"

Karin opened her palm instead of answering my question, and suddenly a hologram made of purple energy appeared from her hand. It has the shape of a miniature warehouse.

"Huh, since when can you do this?"

"I just found out about it earlier. I can make a non-solid hologram with my power. While it is not much, this makes it easier when I need to report what I find."

"I see."

I guess this is one of the other functions her energy can do. She showed me what kind of power she has this afternoon. Her primary attack power is her telekinesis that lets her control any object with a total weight of ten tons.

It did not matter how many of them. As long as their overall weight is not ten tons, she can control it.

This power alone is very powerful. She can stop an untold number of bullets coming at her with just her thought. Sadly, she has a weakness. She cannot block an incoming attack that she cannot see. Not yet, at least.

She can do that, but Karin said that her control is not as fine as the one she can see.

Her secondary power is in the form of energy inside her body. This energy let her do something extraordinary. She can shapeshift and goes invisible at will, and as long as she has this energy inside her body, she can maintain this effect. Now she can do this hologram thing.

"This is the warehouse the Blue Rain use to store their money. The warehouse is thirty-six meters in length, twenty-four in width, and five-meter in height. They store their money in this office, here."

I see the hologram expanded and show an office in the corner of the room. I can see five people standing in front of the room and one person standing inside the room.

"I can only see five people standing in front of the office, and even then, I don't think they will stay there all night. They just use that room for a meeting or something."

"I see. How many people guard this warehouse?"

Karin changed the hologram, and I can see the warehouse from the bird's eye view. I can see a human figure walking around the warehouse.

"I can only see a few of them walking around the warehouse. Ten at maximum."

"Meaning that there are around sixteen people inside the warehouse?"

"If they are still there when I arrive? Yes."

"Hmmm, how do you get inside the warehouse?"

"I use the front door. The big door is jammed, and they cannot shut the door."

"Meaning that you can get inside easily as long as you are invisible."

"Correct."

"Hmmm, very well. I think you should take this route…."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Roll Stealth action. DC: 20 (50 original - 20 dark environment - 30 Stealth Route)|

|Result: 85! Critical Success. She is Vengeance. She is the Night. She is Bat-I mean Karin!|

Karin walks toward the warehouse at a steady pace while she is invisible. She can see three people drinking some beer in front of the warehouse, and she can see them carrying a knife and a bat.

Just like Yamazaki predicted, the Blue Rain gang did not have much equipment other than melee weapons.

Karin slowly walks inside the warehouse while watching her step not to cause any sound. Her target is only a few meters away from her. Just like she thought, there is only one person left inside the room, and he is half asleep already.

Sadly for him, Karin decides that he is an obstacle to her goal. She takes out the stun gun her master gave to her and aimed it at the man behind the desk. She did not know why those gang members decided not to repair the office or at least repair the broken window, but she used it to her advantage and shot the man.

A spark of lightning came from the gun and hit the man right in his chest. He did not have enough time to think before darkness consumed him. Karin walks over to the body and walks toward the drawer in the corner of the room.

She opens up the drawer and sees a stack of money inside the drawer. She takes all of the money inside the drawer before looking around the room, searching for something valuable.

|Valuable item roll (75): 9! Critical Failure! Karin did not see anything valuable.|

She looks around for a few seconds but decides that there is nothing valuable in the room. She ignores the small chest underneath the desk, near the body.

Karin puts on the bag and goes invisible once again before walking away from the office. She did not increase her pace and slowly walked out of the warehouse while watching for her step. Even when she had already achieved her objective, she did not want the other goon to notice her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mission completed! You get 250,000 JPY!

You now have 250,000 JPY in your inventory. What Tinkertech do you want to make? Pick three.

 

[] Potions Spray: A spray potion that can heal an external low to medium wound. (6k JPY) (Can be picked multiple times)

 

[] Super Potion: A spray potion that can heal an external medium to high wound.  (27k JPY) (Can be picked multiple times)

 

[] Forcefield Ring: A ring that can generate force fields around your body. This forcefield is strong enough to tank twenty small bullets before it charges itself for three minutes. (91k JPY) (Can only be picked once)

 

[] Live Camera: A small camera that broadcasts what it records to the computer you have. This device is used to broadcast pokemon battles. It has the size of a tennis ball. (44k JPY) (Can only be picked once)

 

[] Small Jammer: A small device that can be deployed to disturb all signals in the area. Perfect for CCTV destroyers. Have a small range (10 meters around it). (51k JPY) (Can only be picked once)

 

[] Pokeball: A ball to capture a pokemon or a human in this case. (71k JPY) (Can only be picked once)

 

[] Simple Healing Station: A healing station that can heal your pokemon from internal and external injury. This station can heal up to high-level injuries. It can only be used when your 'pokemon' is inside their Pokeball. (210k JPY) (Can only be picked once) (Need a week of tinkering before you can use it.)

NOTE: What I mean by you can choose this multiple time is that each time the MC tinkering this option will always appear.

~||~

The votes closed. The winner is:

Pokeball: 12 votes

Small Jammer: 7 votes

Simple Healing Station: 6 votes

 

10