Chapter 8
1.4k 15 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Winner:

Save Money: 7 votes

Train Karin's power: 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After thinking about it for a moment, I decided not to spend any money for now. I really want to make some potion, but I need to save my money for later. I also need to gather more funds for my bigger project.

That healing station will be very useful in the future.

Seeing I did not need to do some tinkering, I got up from the floor and took the broom next to me. I need to clean my room.

~Later that night~

After giving a reward to my slave and cleaning ourselves, I decided to explore what my slave could do. I decided to do some training, and I know a perfect place to do it. There is an abandoned park near the dock area.

After fifteen minutes of walking, we arrive in the middle of the park, where darkness covers the entire area. We are currently in the middle of a clearing where not many trees grow.

"Alright, Karin. Let's see what you can do with your power. First thing first, let us know how big your range is. Karin, can you move that rock over there?"

I point out a one-meter tall rock twenty meters from us. A second later, I see the rock slowly fly toward us before it arrives in front of us.

"Hmmm, is it that slow, or are you making it fly at that speed?"

"I make it, so the rock moves slowly, master."

"Hmmm, can you make it move faster?"

"How fast?"

"As fast as you can."

"Understood."

I can see the rock Karin control start to spin around. She starts slowly, but over time, I can see the rock start moving faster, and a minute later, I can only see a blur. A few minutes later, the spinning rock started to make a small tornado.

"Okay, stop"

At my command, the rock stopped immediately, and the mini-tornado ceased to exist. I don't know how fast the movement is, but I know if Karin uses that stone as a projectile, it can kill a human with ease. Especially with that kind of speed.

"Karin, is that your top speed?"

"No, master."

"Hmmm, interesting. Karin, do you need some time to make that speed?"

"Yes and no, master. I need some time to make that speed if I use a massive object, but I can immediately fire the object with that speed if it was a small object."

"Hmmm, that means you cannot fire that rock you control with the previous speed."

"Not really, master."

"Hmmm?"

"I can do this."

I look at the rock and widen my eyes when I see the solid rock shrink into the size of a pebble.

"How?"

"I can shrink the rocks with my power. I shrunk the size but increased its density. It was like tightening a clay with our hands. The more we press it together, the smaller it becomes and the denser it becomes."

"I see."

I don't think it was how it worked, but I cannot complain. I have a blueprint of alien technology inside my brain that defies physics.

"Sadly, we cannot test your firepower just yet. Maybe after we make our own base, for now, let's continue the range test. Karin, make that pebble move upwards and make sure you do not move it too fast. I need to calculate how far your range is."

"Understood"

~Thirty minutes later~

"I cannot control the rock, master."

"Oh? Finally?"

"Yes"

I look at the notebook in my hand and begin to write. After several tests, I decided to tell Karin that she needs to reduce the speed to an average human walking speed, 5 km/h. Thirty minutes with a speed of 5 km/h that means Karin's range is two point five kilometers, give or take.

That is huge. Give the exact location, and she can assassinate a human a kilometer away from her.

"How is your control a few seconds before it cuts off?"

"Shaky, master. I don't think I can control a bigger or heavier object at that range."

That means that she cannot drop a car from far away. However, she did not need to, and a bullet was good enough.

"Very well. Sadly we cannot test the limit of your telekinesis unless we want to gather some unwanted attention. However, we could test your second power."

"What do you want me to do, master?"

"First thing first, show me what your energy can do."

"Understood."

In ten minutes, Karin uses her second power to go invisible, change into me and create a hologram with her energy.

That energy looks very versatile.

"Karin, can you shape your energy into a shield?"

"Of course."

A square shield appears in front of her after she says that.

"Can you move your shield away?"

"I can."

"Let's test the range. Move that shield to that tree over there."

"Understood"

I see Karin move the shield to the tree and see she can do that. Hmmm, twenty meters is not a problem.

"Karin, make the shield smaller and start to make it go upwards. This time do it faster."

"Understood"

A few seconds later, Karin says.

"It is done, master."

"That fast?"

"I decided to move it faster as you instructed."

"Fair enough. How long is your range?"

"Around a tenth of my telekinesis."

"A tenth, huh? That means you have a two hundred and fifty meters range for your second power."

I write it down on the notepad before suddenly an idea comes inside my brain.

"Karin, can you stick your energy on an object?"

"Yes. I should be able to do that. Why?"

"Do it. I want you to test something."

A second later, I can see a floating rock that has purple energy around it.

"Can you make it go invisible?"

"Yes."

The rock disappears. Good.

"Karin, I don't know if you can do this, but can you release a pulse of energy from the rock to see the surrounding area? Like echolocation, the bat use."

"Oh! Let me try."

After a few seconds, I can see Karin smile brightly.

"Yes. I can do that, master."

"Great. That means you can make a homing bullet with your power. Let's test if your energy disappears when it reaches its control limit. Make the massive rock over there invisible and make it fly."

"Understood."

Karin does what she is told to do. While I cannot see where the rock is currently located, I know Karin controls it. However, after a few seconds, I suddenly see a massive floating rock above us.

"Karin, order it to go down and quickly make it invisible once again."

"Yes."

A few seconds later, I hear a thud sound next to me.

"Your energy cannot exist beyond that range, huh?"

"I'm sorry, master."

"You don't need to be sorry. It was amazing. Two hundred and fifty meters is still a big range. Your power is great for scouting. That echolocation ability makes you a great mapper. We can know the area without being there-"

Before I could finish my sentences, I heard a scream from a distance, and it was coming from the Dock entrance. A second later, I can also hear people shouting.

"Do you hear that?"

"Yes, master. What should we do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you want to do? Pick One.

[] Investigate: Karin and Yamazaki decide to go and investigate the location where the scream came from. They will get closer to the location and risk being found. (DC for stealth check: 80)

 

[] Investigate but from afar: Karin and Yamazaki decide to investigate, but they do it from afar. They can still hear any conversation that is happening, but it is not very clear. (DC for stealth check: 50)

 

[] Investigate but with an invisibility cloak: Karin and Yamazaki decide to investigate, but Karin will make both of them invisible before they go. Sadly, Karin never makes other people invisible, and there is a high chance the invisibility cloak fails. (DC for cloak failure: 85)

 

[] Ignore it: It was not your problem, and you decided to go home.

10