Chapter 5 – Struggle
583 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprised that she had actually agreed to let me go, a content sigh escapes my nose. But it doesn’t last long before she adds,”But.. At least let me accompany you to the city? It will be a two day trip from the mansion you worked in. That makes it four days if we start from here. It won’t be long. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Even I knew that it would be two days to the city from where I was a slave. Law breakers and criminals are sent to the outskirts of the city, on the border of the forest where they are made to work as slaves. I carefully considered her words. I don’t know how she managed to carry me over such a long distance but I got to know that we are roughly two day’s distance away from the mansion. At least by her words. After a while I finally agreed, albeit hesitantly. “Okay. Fine. Besides I’d need food and you looked like you had no problems earlier to find some.” Also I needed protection in the forest. I omit that point.

She nods, eagerly. “I’ll get you as much food as you want, whenever you want.” She says, dutifully. “I'd rather we start at dawn. It’s already pretty dark. Although I wouldn’t have any problems if you said otherwise.” She adds. I nod, after pondering her words. “Okay. We can start at dawn.” I walk away as far as I can and sit under a tree. Even if I agreed, I don’t want to be near her if possible. Fiddling with a fallen leaf I found, I get lost in my thoughts.

After a while, I am woken from my daze when she cuddles up to me and asks “May I keep you company for the night? Or Do you resent me that much?” Upon noticing, I frown. “I don’t want to be touched.” I say flatly before moving away and putting some distance between us, yet not so far. “Oh..Okay” She replies, a bit dejected. Now that I think of it, I could use this opportunity to clear some of my doubts. I gulp before asking “What..Why are you so obsessed with me?” followed up by “No..before that.. How long have you known me?” I can see that she’s trying her best to not cuddle up to me again.

“We met that first night at the party. I never knew you before… but after that, I knew I wanted you.” She says “There’s no reason I’m obsessed. A lady just knows what she wants.” The events of that first night, the first encounter flashes through my mind and I throw away the leaf only to take another one eventually. Suddenly, I avert my gaze to the ground, dejected as my memories of those moments are refreshed. The look of absolute horror on her face moments before her head was sliced clean from her body. How she looked at me with lament filled eyes as I stood watching life leave her. The memories seemed to haunt me once again.

“Tell me, how do you feel when you kill people?” I ask in a barely audible voice and look up at her. She looks confused as if I had asked a dumb question. “It depends, If they scorned me, I take pleasure in it. If it’s only necessary, I simply feel nothing. I don’t think about everyone, because I do it so often.” She says in a calm tone. The more I listen to her, the more questions arise in my mind. ‘Just how many have she killed…’ I ponder to myself.

She leans closer, “My love, I never did anything wrong. Killing is a law of nature. Animals kill others and in turn are also killed. Sure, where you’re from, it’s frowned upon. But, from where I..." she flinches a bit before continuing, "For me... it’s almost sacred. It dictates rulers and strength.” Suddenly everything clicks, I become certain of it now. I couldn’t put it in words but I understood. She’s different. It was like the more I wanted to know about her, the more the shroud of mist around her thickens. All the more reason I don’t want to associate with her anymore. “Enough…” I say, before turning away from her, to lie down on my side.

There was no need to know about her anymore, after-all we will be separated once we reach the city.  I nod to myself before slowly closing my eyes to rest. My mind was getting restless. It doesn’t help when she lays down beside me, pressing her soft body against me. Her arm snakes around my waist from behind, to much of my annoyance. I grit my teeth and slowly tilt my head to the side to face her. “What are you doing? I think I was clear when I said not to be touched?” She giggles and kisses my cheek.

I scowl when she kisses me. “And, I, am making it clear that I want to be close to my beloved. If you want me to stop touching you, you’ll have to make me.” she adds before planting another kiss on my cheek. I try to push her hand away, but it doesn’t even budge. She excels me in the strength department. “I am not in the mood for your games. I don’t want to do anything with you.” I remark in a loud and serious tone. “Now move away from me.” I get even more frustrated and push her hand away harder.

“You need a bit of help in moving my hand?” She asks with a giggle, before leaning in and kissing my neck. Her breath is warm in my ear. “Why don’t you wanna do anything with me? We’re together for the next few days. What are you so scared of? That you’ll like it? I already know you did…” She has a smug, playful expression on her face as if amused by my actions and keeps teasing me, by planting kisses along the sides of my jaw and neck.

Clicking my tongue, I pull my face away from her as much as I could. “Stop this.” I bark out, fuming. “Don’t come near me. Leave me alone. I don’t want to answer your questions. Just get away from me.” I get more furious with each second passing near her. I clench my jaw, trying to calm myself and not fall for such obvious provocations. I can feel her hands now roaming over my body, and hate how she seems to enjoy teasing and provoking me.

“You like it when I use my mouth don’t you? She wouldn’t have done that for you.” She coos in my ear, licking and nibbling on my earlobe. I get enraged when she mentions her. “Get the fuck away from me!” I roar out, completely disgusted by her actions and remarks. “Don’t you dare mention her with your fucking mouth. You bitch!” I berate her in a stream of expletives while struggling against her insane strength. 

“Now now.. That’s not a kind thing to call your lover.” She says calmly. She reaches down and grabs my crotch with her hand while the other hand roams over my chest. “I’ll mention her. I’ll mention her because she wasn’t worthy of your time or attention in the slightest. You know how happy it made me when she was dead?” She asks, with a slightly deranged laugh.

“Shut up. You sick fuck! You are not my lover. Never will be!” I scream out, struggling even more. I was beginning to lose myself to the pent up rage and fury within. To think I was so naive and dumb to even spend the night within the general vicinity of this murderous bitch, I berated myself for my stupid thinking in the back of my mind all the while trying to get free from the restraints. I'd broken down long ago in that mansion, I was as close as one could be to giving up on everything, but I persisted. All because I still haven't gotten my revenge on you. I didn't know for certain that I'll see you ever again, but I hoped. Now that you are here, right beside me, I wasn't going down without putting up a fight. 


“You don’t deserve any of my attention or my time either, you fucking lunatic. What do you even know about me huh? Do you even know my name?!” I growl in anger and kick my legs. I glare at her with rage. “Get off me!” She just sighs, annoyed.Her eyes go wide Clicking her tongue she rolls me on my back.

She straddles me, sitting heavily on my crouch, which earns a grunt from me. She grabs hold of my wrists and pins them over my head.  She looks offended by my questions, but then her expression changes to an adoring one as she looms over me and leans forward, our lips almost brushing against each other. “Of course I know everything about you, even your name, darling. Or should I say…….” She smiles and kisses me on my lips.

13