29. Adaptable
1.3k 5 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though we got home Friday night and had the weekend ahead of us, none of us were able to relax and take it easy. We all had assignments and school work to catch up on, and in Amber's case she needed to make up shifts at the store. Meanwhile Susan and Melissa had to take care of their business too.

So the four of us were all pretty busy as soon as we got back home, none of us had much time to relax and hang out.

It wasn't so bad with Melissa and Susan and me since the three of us lived together. And me and Melissa were in all the same classes so we could do some of the assignments together, but we didn't see Amber for a while. She was working shifts at the store almost every day, so she used her lunch breaks to catch up on school assignments.

We exchanged some texts so we knew she was all right, though she mentioned a few times that as she expected her little sister was teasing her about the height thing. Other than that though, it sounded like things were going ok.

Tuesday evening I heated up a mini frozen pizza for myself but neither Melissa or Susan were eating since they both worked the night before. They got themselves drinks and the three of us sat together on the big cozy sectional in the living-room to watch something on TV while I ate.

As we got comfortable I asked, "I hope you don't mind if I'm curious about some stuff? After the solstice you both noticed how doing your succubus thing seemed different? Have you noticed that again since the magic at the cottage?"

Susan nodded, "Yeah. I'm positive I absorbed more energy from my client last night than I used to before."

"We've already agreed to extend the 'no second date' thing out to a full month, just to be on the safe side," Melissa commented. "It's only been the one time though for either of us, but I'm pretty sure there's some other things going on as well? Like I think different people are going to 'taste' different, though it's not really about taste. I guess it's like another sense maybe?"

"I noticed that too," Susan agreed.

I thought about that as I munched on my mini pizza, then asked "So I know this is very early days, but I guess I'm wondering if either of you decide to take Lily's offer to become even more succubus, do you think that'll impact how you 'work'? Like you don't want to take so much energy from people it'll hurt them, right?"

Melissa got a thoughtful look on her face while Susan replied, "I have a feeling that's something we'll learn to control. I can't give you anything concrete to base it on, though. Maybe it's instinct? I'm actually going to try it next time, to see if I can take less. Like if I can control it so I only get half or a quarter of what I got last night, then we could go again, do it twice in one night without hurting them."

"Huh," Melissa said. "I never thought of that, but it's a pretty cool idea. Definitely let me know how it goes when you try it."

I was quiet again for a bit as I had some more of my dinner and thought about more questions.

"How about any other effects?" I finally asked them. "Have you played more with the shape-shifting stuff since we got back?"

Susan grinned "Oh yeah! I mean, I could already do it, but now it's even easier. Before I had to concentrate and focus, now it's almost automatic? The biggest problem is our clothes don't change, which has some practical limits. But imagine what kind of stuff we could get away with in summer when we're not wearing too much."

As if to prove her point, Susan's entire form shifted and a moment later I was looking at a tiny adorable redhead no bigger than Amber. Even her hairstyle changed, it became a cute little red pixie-cut. Her clothes were all hanging off her and her shoes slipped off her smaller feet.

Sue giggled and had a gulp of her cooler then smirked, "I've been having loads of fun with this since last week."

Even her voice had changed to suit her tiny form.

Melissa grinned but she slowly shook her head, "I haven't done anything with it since Susan taught us how it worked on Friday. Like I said, I got everything I wanted last summer. This is the shape that makes me happy and I don't want to change it."

"That's fair," Susan said. "I'm glad you're happy Melissa. And I get it, like you only got to be yourself last summer, where I've had all my life being me. Maybe that's the difference? I don't dislike my normal shape, I think I'll always return to it? It's definitely comfortable, like broken-in boots or well-worn jeans, if you know what I mean? But I like experimenting and trying new things on too."

"How do you like being smol?" Melissa asked with a smirk.

Sue grinned, "It feels cute and I'm sure I could have some fun with this. I think I'm happier being tall though. I feel like it'd be harder to domme folks from down here."

All three of us giggled over that.

Melissa got serious again as she asked me, "Has Lily said anything else about it? Like I know she said she needed to work on the results, analyze the data after her test. Any news?"

"Not yet," I shook my head. "She's been keeping to herself, I get the feeling she's been working as hard as the rest of us? I know what she's trying to achieve and I'm sure she'll figure it out, but she hasn't given me any indication yet how soon she thinks it'll happen."

I had a gulp of my cooler then glanced to either side as I looked at both of them, and asked "Have either of you thought about the other stuff she said? Have you thought about whether or not you'll want another hit of that demonic energy?"

Melissa and Susan both got sort of quiet and serious looks on their faces, and all three of us were quiet for a bit as they thought it over. I had some more of my little pizza and they both finished their drinks.

Sue answered first, "I think I will. I'm not sure I'd want to become a full succubus though? Right now at least, I don't think I'd want to completely shed all my humanity. But I'm enjoying what I am and what I can do, and I think I'd like more of it."

It took another minute or two for Melissa to respond. She finally shrugged, "Right now I'm not sure. I agree with Susan in that I don't think I'll ever want to go all the way. Like she said, I don't want to lose all my humanity. As for whether or not I want to push the needle any further towards succubus than it is now... We'll see. It's only been five days, I think it's too early to say how I feel about where we are right now? Give me a month or two."

"Good point," I nodded. "It's way too early to make those decisions."

"How about you?" Susan asked. "I know Lily said you won't get any more changes, but how are you doing after what you got last week?"

I smiled, "I'm good. Really good. Like she said, it only took me banging my horns into things a few times to get used to their new size -"

"And you only caught your tail in the car door once," Melissa interrupted with a giggle.

"Hey that wasn't funny!" I pouted and coiled my tail up tight on my lap.

She apologized, but both her and Susan were still grinning about it.

"Anyways," I continued, "I don't actually feel that different inside. I think I got a little stronger again, and my night-vision is clearer. And my demon intuition thing got better, like the stuff I get from people is clearer? But nothing new happened, and I'm happy with where I am now. Even if it means no wings."

Susan agreed, "My 'sex sense' definitely got sharper. I get way clearer images off people now."

"Yeah," Melissa agreed. "Like you just said Mara. Nothing new, just everything we already had is a little more."

"I wonder how Amber's coping," I commented.

Sue grimaced, "Good point. Me and Melissa had months to get used to things after the solstice, but she went from zero to sixty in pretty short order."

Melissa giggled, "Don't say that to her, she'll think you're making a short joke."

I grinned, "She said she's got Friday off from work so we'll find out then. She's coming over and we can order something in, have a little DLP party?"

• • • • •

"Is the offer still open for me to move in here with you three?" Amber asked as she let herself in the front door. She added in a sarcastic tone, "I don't take up much space. Literally."

"Of course it is," Susan replied. "Why though, what's wrong?"

Amber got herself a cooler from the fridge then joined the three of us in the living-room. She slumped down across from us on the love seat and pouted, "My sister. That's what's wrong."

It was Friday evening and it was the first opportunity for all four of us to get together since we left the cottage last week.

I asked, "She's still teasing you?"

Amber pouted a little harder, "The other day she realized that the more she does it..."

Her cheeks took on a pink tone as she mumbled, "The more she does it the smaller I get. Apparently when I want to disappear or hide, that actually manifests in a change to my body?"

It took all my willpower not to giggle, because that was one of the cutest things I could imagine. A small shy blushy shape-shifter who gets smaller and blushier when you tease her.

Susan asked, "How much smaller?"

From the tone of her voice I could tell she was just barely holding back the giggles too.

Amber mumbled, "A few inches. My average height's only five feet now, but with all her teasing on Wednesday Tracey got me down to about four-foot-nine."

"What about work?" Melissa asked, and she sounded more serious. "As cute and adorable as this sounds, I can't imagine it's helpful at the store. What have your managers or coworkers said?"

The cute blushy brunette sighed, "Work's not a problem. I actually get taller at work? Almost back to my original five-foot-four. I guess because that's the one place I kind of stood tall and proud to begin with?"

I thought for a moment, and made a connection to a problem I had to deal with after the solstice stuff.

"You're confident at work," I stated. "You have confidence there, that's where you're in your element. You don't have that at home, and when Tracey teases you that probably makes it even worse."

Melissa looked at me and commented, "That's really insightful Mara."

Amber grimaced, "So the place where I'm most confident is an adult toy store?"

"Sure," I shrugged. "You're a sex-toy succubus right? That's where your power's coming from. And I haven't forgot what you were like at work that day me and Melissa visited you. You'd only been there like two or three weeks at that point, but you knew the products, you were professional and calm and like I said, you were confident. Now it's been over two months, I bet that confidence at work has only gotten stronger. It's your domain, where you're in your element."

She had a thoughtful look on her face for a few moments, then her expression shifted to a frown. "I'm not sure I want to call myself a sex-toy succubus. People might think it means I'm the toy or something."

I smirked, "Well you know what I mean."

Sue got a little more serious as she asked, "What about doing what I taught you? You can just make yourself taller, can't you?"

"I can," Amber replied with another blush. "But it doesn't stick. Like Lily said, I just get small again after a little while. Like this is where my body wants to be or something."

That left me grinning again. I wasn't surprised though, she'd been giving off smol bean vibes right from the start. It was just kind of cute and amusing knowing that now manifested in her actual body.

Sue's tone remained serious as she asked, "How have your parents handled it? What did you tell them, to explain the shrinking?"

Amber grimaced again, "Luckily they haven't noticed that my size keeps changing, so I haven't had to explain that stuff to them yet. They both freaked out when I got home Friday night and they realized I was four inches shorter, but I explained it was an unexpected side-effect of the magic from my transition? Which is kind of true in a way."

She sighed, "Anyways, I think my dad's just sort of accepted it. He didn't act upset or anything. Actually he asked if I was ok with it, like he wanted to make sure I wasn't unhappy or freaking out or anything. Mom on the other hand has been making a fuss and bugging me about it, like as if it's my fault or something. Which I guess maybe it kind of is, but I'm not telling her that. She's mostly uptight about all my new clothes not fitting? Like the dresses she bought me that I didn't want in the first place."

She sighed once more, "So yeah. Mom's being passive-aggressive about it. Dad's kind of chill and just sort of rolled with it. And Tracey won't stop teasing me."

My demon mom made a comment which I passed on to the others, though I blushed a bit as I said it. "Lily says, Caecelius is still all right, and Metella's still kind of a buzzkill."

Amber rolled her eyes, Susan bit her lip, and Melissa let out a little giggle.

Then Sue spoke up, "Well if you're serious, you're definitely welcome to move in Amber. You can pick whichever of the two spare rooms you want. With your family right around the corner it isn't exactly a big escape but there's still something symbolic in moving out."

She added, "You're also welcome to just crash here whenever you like. If you need to get away from the family for a day or two, you've always got a place with us."

"Thanks Susan," Amber smiled. "And Mara and Melissa and Lily too. I really appreciate everything you've done for me. The last few months have been absolutely incredible, and I owe it all to the four of you."

I grinned back at her, "You're welcome Amber. It's been pretty wild for all of us, and I can't wait to see what happens next!"

Can't wait to find out what happens next? Join our Patreon and get immediate access to the next chapter and more! Patrons have already finished this story and are onto the next one, and you could be too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

95