Chapter 54: The ambush ends & the hunt begins~♥
602 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

I got nothing... Midas battle music~!

Anyways, enjoy~♥

 

Hiding within the sand storm under a blanket with a thin layer of sand stuck upon it was a pair of individuals who gazed upon the envoy from underneath at a fair distance.

Of course, they were hiding away from fairly strong people so took no risks hence there was also a set of formations beautifully drawn on the bottom which two girls lifted slightly. Only their eyes were barely visible while they were essentially impossible to find - even for Midas who most certainly had more than one detection method in use. Though a certain hunter who used her own methods to hide very much could tell where they were even then.

“Are ya sure this is a good idea Eel - big shots like ‘er ‘lot don’t tend ta like this sorta thing do they? In fact aren’t ya in an alliance with that snake that vanished?” <Crude Woman>

“Hmm… If it’s ancestor Violet it should be fine…” <Emily>

Surprisingly the one to speak wasn’t that ‘Eel’ but the other girl hiding under the sandy camouflage blanket. The very same cowcubus who just so happened to take the order from the snake mother & daughter pair to make the [3D MRICS]. Her being here wasn’t that surprising considering her very first major sail was actually to Violet’s oni ‘mommy’ - the matriarch of the yakuza on top of the oni.

These two weren’t the only two hiding however even they weren’t sure exactly where their leader was since she often vanished, ended up destroying a secret cabal, to return like nothing.

“Heh~ it will be fine, in fact my big boss there will be over the moon with the party we have brought to them, especially in a place as boring as this. To hunt down Munzumira I looked quite a look into other similar beings-” <Eel>

“-Ya mean ya wanna try ‘ur luck with ‘em at some point.” <Crude Woman>

The perfectly hidden vixen didn’t reply to that.

“Anyway~ for beings like Violet near-death it is easy to help someone recover from yet entertainment is far more difficult. You have no idea what these top-folk will do to obtain even the slightest distraction - hell you have seen the unreal rear rippers Mother & Big sis Lizzy take since all of us were there taking them from right beside them. Out of all of them top dogs, my leader in that palanquin loves violence the most~!” <Eel>

Overall if one was to sum up the voice from the hidden girl it would be ‘regal and smug’ with a certain hint of laziness to cover up an innate savageness.

“Ugh don’t talk about ‘em monster cocks… I’m thirsty enough already…” <Crude Woman>

“Also~ about the alliance, consider this a bit of testing, I want to know all about what the grandmother to my big sis can do~!” “<Eel>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

At first everyone gazed towards the [Minacious Spirit Scorpion] leader in curiosity of why he stopped mid sentence - especially his own kin.

When they finally saw him with a toffee skinned beauty giving his neck a hickey they still looked confident though a bit confused where the ‘lover’ of their boss came from. That confusion stayed but their confidence soon became trepidation as they saw gold slither up from the hickie to spread across his body; within moments his head under the gauze was solid gold. Still it didn’t change the fact that they were shocked and silent.

They knew they didn’t stand a chance against the convoy at all so wouldn’t be present if they weren’t forced to be yet they didn’t expect this. Of the beasts in the desert, a place filled with poisonous & venomous beasts, they were unparalleled whether in their own venom or in their toxin resistance. Yet it appeared the being in front of them ignored all that while inflicting something similar to petrification venom on the strongest among them.

It only made sense they couldn’t fully comprehend what was happening in front of them - not that it mattered to Midas. In fact it was entirely what she wanted, thus reaching her left hand between her bosom as she somehow pulled out three daggers which she held between her fingers, blades pointing outward. A flick of her left hand as she vanished into the storm sent those daggers sailing through the air towards three of the unfortunate gawking [Spirit Beasts] with practised accuracy.

Their grip was fairly flat and unsurprisingly golden yet it was easy to sense that the grip actually contained within it some strong essence while seamlessly connected to the blade. The blade of the dagger itself appeared crystal in appearance. Not too extra yet certainly beautiful and if Ulwazi were here to see them she would no doubt accidentally blurt out in amazement about how “mom already weaponized the medical crystals!”.

Sure enough to what that meant, when the daggers sank into the chests of the three humanised scorpions, the three daggers seemingly melted. Injecting the purified essence into the hearts of the beasts resulting in it being pumped around their bodies - making them turn into golden  statues even faster than that of their leader. It was only now the rest of them appeared to realise what had happened.

The sandstorm as if realising the severity of the situation increased in intensity till it was hard to even see in front of them.

One of them took charge quickly while looking around for any sign of another attack from the slippery snake yet he saw nothing but the sand. Fortunately, unlike with weak mortals, they had naturally developed a film over their eyes like most other desert beasts so they wouldn’t need to protect their eyes. Didn’t change the fact they couldn’t see anything.

“We need to unite to watch out backs - A cowardly beast is hiding in the storm with powerful venom - come to my vo-” <Spirit Scorpion>

He saw a flicker in the corner of his eye so quickly stepped away from the figure to look towards it and sure enough it was the figure of Midas clearly visible. From the looks of it she was holding three more daggers in her hand so he launched his tail towards her - it appeared she didn’t expect him to recover so quickly so she panicked. She did step away yet he clearly felt his tail sink into her flat chest into her heart.

“You didn’t expect me to… Wait how is your chest-” <Spirit Scorpion>

“W-why brother?” <’Midas’>

The voice which came from the ‘Midas’ he skewered sounded neither sultry nor feminine but instead quite manly. It was at that point that a golden ‘film’ began to form over the ‘Midas’ only to melt off to reveal a man under - more specifically it was the younger brother of the scorpion making his eyes widen. If the insect could tear up he no doubt would as he physically shook while reaching out to support his collapsing brother.

“N-no I didn’t mean to!” <Spirit Scorpion>

“Shashasha~!” <Midas>

A laugh filled his ear as something seemed to expertly piece under rib to inject some essence inside of him. He acted quickly to try to stop it yet an unbearable pain filled him as his insides literally liquidated - instead of being a venom she clearly used an acid instead. Unsurprisingly he soon collapsed on top of his already dead brother while Midas vanished into the sand after throwing 5 more daggers into the sandstorm.

<I decided to use these [Acid Essence Crystal Dagger] second after my initial attack to destroy any weapons or armour they use however I suppose it was a needless worry. Where would those foolish beasts get weapons - then again why would the beast attack? If I was a mortal I may fall for the obvious target of that fangless Cobra… Yet I doubt it.>

“W-we’ve done enough for that crazy demon fox let’s retreat!” <Spirit Scorpion 2>

“Kiiish!” <Scorpion>

“*Clack**Clack*!” <Scorpion>

Hearing that they decided to run away after eleven of their precious spirit elder realm scorpions had died was…

<Well it was actually understandable yet they decided to run away awfully quick considering they decided to attack in the first place - wouldn’t they usually get angry? Hm~ let’s look inside their head to see what this fox they’re talking about is the->

Midas cut her thoughts off as she sensed a huge vibration coming from below while her spirit sense picked up an enormous level of vitality flowing through the ground. Considering they were living in a literal desert that was impossible to say the least - Midas turned to look around to see if she could see any source.  All she found was divinity also flowing through to form a domain thus suppressing her little sandstorm she was using to improve her stealth.

<This could be bad…>

<| Divine Realm [Hunter’s Paradise] has begun forming! |>

<This is very bad!>

If the system itself said so that meant this was no mere demi-god using their domain to suppress them but a full-blown god that was bringing them into her homefield. Fully activating her control over the mind to form a barrier to ‘hide her’ away from peoples perception when they turned towards her - deciding it was best to use this opportunity to regroup.

It was at that moment that she began to feel something poke into the bottom of her feet and looking down revealed that blades of purple grass growing through the sand. The impossibility of this quickly became outshined as the ground itself shook, from below something began pushing out the sand, rapidly growing in size. Each growth in the sand actually revealed itself to be tree’s of one of three colours; black, white or a healthy brown.

In a matter of seconds these mere ferns grew into gigantic trees that coiled together to make the tree different types of trees into one. A few seconds more and Midas found herself in a dense forest with rich amounts of nature based spiritual energy, the same kind of qi from the Venus bloodline of Mother’s  and demonic energies. It was a strange place that seemed impossible with how well everything was working in tandem to ensure the health of the newly formed forest.

Midas didn’t let that distract her as she carefully made her way across the gigantic roots just in case someone managed to see her steps depressing the grass.

That turned out to be pointless as a fairly standard throwing knife punctured into the trunk beside her making her stumble back. To say Midas was taken by surprise by a knife whirling past her face was an understatement - yet her attention was quickly brought to the knife itself where a piece of parchment tied into the metal ring. Reading what was on it made Midas look around desperately to try to find who threw it but was unable to see any sign.

As for what it said…

“I~can~ see~you~fufufu~!”

7