Chapter 55: Momentum of the situation
305 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

Only 15 or so chapters left of this.

Anyways, enjoy~♥

 

Being Midas she quickly got over the shock of the abrupt reveal that she wasn’t nearly as perfectly stealthy as she originally thought.

<Back in my day I was unbeaten for stealth as well as detection yet it would appear that isn’t the case anymore; though I can still be sure in my alchemy. For now I should abandon my stealth based options instead of figuring out why it failed. I can do that after I regroup with the rest of the envoy first ohohoho~.>

She was someone with a lot of experience so she wasn’t as put back as a mortal would be if they found out that their arrogance was challenged. In fact she was a lot better than many gods in that aspect - it was partially because she herself never took pride in those two talents plus it wasn’t someone she disliked who beat her. Either way she dropped her barrier which shielding her from being ‘recognised’ as anything that didn’t belong.

Giving another glance around the forest she recognised no signs of whoever threw the knife so could only frown before heading forward once more. This time she made no attempt to stay above the ground as she stayed low to the ground with her hands sinking between her breasts to pull out 6 more crystal daggers. Keeping low to the ground while moving in an almost serpentine way, her hands in front ready to strike, while her speed noticeably increased thanks to her use of footwork.

“Unfortunately [Primordial Serpent’s Slither] certainly doessn’t focuss on sspeed but allowing easse of movement on all terrain ass well ass climbing…” <Midas>

Sure enough - just as she said - her speed was impressive compared to someone with no movement technique yet compared to the rank of the technique it fell behind in speed. It was based on applying the movements of a snake to improve one's own movement so speed was never the focus. As a result even if Midas just came to run on the ground without worry she did indeed massively improve her speed.

This was no regular forest though.

While running through the forest she felt a tug on her shin as if a rope just snapped, since that was precisely the case, making her lean forward even more. Like her previous speed was a joke she shot forward just in time to avoid getting made into a pincushion by a throng of pointy wooden pikes that shot out from above. It didn’t even end there as she touched the ground only to quickly snap back into the air to land on top of one of the spikes she previously dodged as a snare whipped up from where she last stepped on the ground.

<My movement technique luckily also has the quick dart based on our venomous lunge we specialise on after discovering an unknowing target. If I didn’t have that it would be likely I would have faced quite the embarrassing situation; these spikes seemed to be made from tree’s similar to those of the Venus’ [World Tree]. Certainly not something I want to b->

Her thought was cut off.

As if that wasn’t enough she quickly heard the whistling of the wind as something large seemed to fall from above making her do a backflip. An entire wooden log sweeped perfectly under the arch of Midas’ back making her succeed in dodging yet another throwing knife came from the opposite direction that it did prior. Midas frowning as she knew her own knives didn’t stand a chance at blocking hence had her 9 silver wings explode out from her back to flap once in order to send her hurdling backwards out the way while flipping.

Unlike her prior graceful landings this time she ended up overshooting her backflip making her land on her hands and knees while clawing at the ground. At this point she was actually further away from the envoy as she began running - as if all these previous moves led up to the next just to humiliate her. To strengthen that thought the floor where she landed soon fell through revealing a hole filled with stone spikes.

Of course, she already had her wings out so she wasn’t in much danger while she also could fly to a certain extent already as a Spirit Elder realm being. She didn’t fly straight up however, instead she went against her instincts to charge back to the area filled with traps that had nearly hit her multiple times. Her reason for going against her instincts wasn’t because she had discovered something.

Rather it was due to her instinctive actions nearly getting her caught several times in those very traps she wouldn’t have even gotten caught into if she didn’t fall to her instincts as a snake of staying low.

<It would appear this place being called ‘Hunters Paradise’ is quite fitting… I am being hunted it would seem and by someone who knows exactly what I am - it is truly like they’re the most experienced hunter I’ve ever seen. Even the [White Tiger] who were prolific mercenaries of their time could push me like this…>

There was no sign of arrogance on Midas for once nor sultriness as she kept her senses tight while slowly considering her options strongly. Whoever was attacking her wasn’t directly experienced nor knowledgeable about her since they would have attacked using her weakness’ instead of regular traps. Still that didn’t change the fact that they knew enough about snakes to make her embarrass herself repeatedly.

<I shouldn’t think for too long and I think it may be best to just rush towards the traps - it would be suicidal if I was fighting anyone else. In this case however I think the opponent is a hunter likely just using these traps to play around while testing me. Other than that I’m sure that none of my kin stand a chance against this person… Maybe not even  that dumb demon son of mine or precious grand-cutie.>

Deciding on that she flew forward without looking back while not even bothering to keep her eyes on anything except what was between her and Violet. Even upon hearing the crashing, snapping or banging she just continued to fly forward without so much as turning her head unless she needed to go around a tree. Thankfully it took very little time to actually arrive back to see the envoy.

Her two oni pleasing friends were still standing in front of the palanquin yet Slate now stood at the front with her large blade resting upon her shoulder. Eyes narrowed - slowly turning her head to look around - clearly ready to cut down anything that appeared in front of her. On the other hand Ashue had her hands dancing around in front of her, pure blue water based-qi tracing after her movements, creating a  large array of formations.

More importantly than any of that was the palanquin where Violet would… Still be at it as the sounds of Midas’ little princess moaning was paired with a constant lewd sloppy sound of her insides being trained. An occasional heavy yet meaty slap made the mother wonder whether it were Ulwazi’s breasts or ass being beaten.

“Ah~ I sstill can handle mo-*SLAP*! Ooo~ harder daddy *SLAP* yess~!” <Ulwazi>

<I suppose with that shout I don’t need to worry about my little one being angry that I tricked her into sleeping with Violet - not surprising. She is my daughter so it only makes sense we share the same feelings on not questioning the intentions of that big fat demon dick and instead just bending over to take it. Suppose I’ll be getting another grandchild as well… Still if Violet is staying in there she likely knows exactly who is hunting us since she hasn’t already charging out to fight while still ‘wearing’ Ulwazi.>

That begged the question of who it was that Violet clearly knew well enough not to bother checking their intentions yet also someone who Midas herself didn’t know.

<One of her descendents…>

With a thought that horrifying Midas could only hold a bitter smile as she lifted her hand, having her silver wings disappear, as to greet Slate who obviously would notice her. Slate in turn nodded while hefying that massive blade with ease - swinging it to send out a powerful violet blade intent which swept through the trees behind Midas. Level a large area of the forest to prevent anyone from sneaking up on them from that direction.

“Get over here while Ashue finishes her barrier - it’s tough enough to block one hit from Atlas himself so we should be fine for a bit!” <Slate>

“Let’ss hope they don’t have two handss then or we may be in trouble shashasha~!” <Midas>

Although she mocked, she ensured she darted forward with the special effect of her serpent based movement art just as Ashue threw out the runes she had formed. Hundreds upon thousands of symbols expanded out to form a gigantic dome around them - with the tortoise as the centre of the dome - protecting them from the inside. Seeing the strength of the formation even Midas couldn’t help nod her head appreciatively

It was just then she heard the sound of the air whistling once more.

Everyone turned their head as they saw something sail through the air towards the barrier yet it was clear that, despite how fast it was, it shouldn’t be able to pierce the barrier. That being the case Ashue confidently puffed up her chest while opening her mouth to no doubt profess how amazing she was in typical fashion . She didn’t get to do that however.

That was because the sound of glass breaking echoed throughout the forest as the barrier shattered into a thousand shards while being unable to so much as slow the object. In fact even as the object passed through the defensive focused Ashue’s stomach to pin into the ground behind her it didn’t seem phased. For a solid moment everyone was shocked as the tortoise just clutched the bloody hole through her stomach just above her womb.

A moment later Midas slowly turned to see the weapon - a seemingly primitive spear made entirely from bone…

 
8