Chapter 66: A Job To Bring Order
360 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

Series is dead; poggerz.

Anyway, enjoy~♥

 

The serpent couldn't help lift her brow as a familiar holy aura leaked out.

After all this portal took the form of a pearly gate which slowly creaked open, showing how little it was being used these days, only to reveal another gate then another behind that.

When the otherside was finally visible to the snake woman there ended up being an entire 12 gates to open thus the entire process took quite some time. This alone made her quizzical appearance change to one as impatience as she crossed her arms under her voluptuous chest while tapping her heels on the floor. Still it was true that she was interested to see who had opened up the gates to the {Heavenly Realm}; especially since the number of people who could summon them were quite limited after the second great war.

<If I recall the people who can open up a gate is myself; I didn’t open this one, my daughters; they have no need to, Sohn-Tochter; she had other methods and Alice; hope it’s not her. If it’s none of them then it could potentially be Munzumira or that Elizabeth kid… Both of them shouldn’t be on friendly terms with me so I doubt they would simply wait for me to enter considering they would rather kill me. Well the cat may be patient and want to play around a bit like appearing in a dark corridor though I doubt the girl is the patient type. Suppose it could only be the little multi-headed goddess approaching me for some reason.>

Thinking that she peered through the (literally) pearly gates to peer on the other side at which she noticed an average looking girl in a sweater. She was just sitting on the edge of a cliff-face that looked completely terrifyingly high up; in her hands was a paper cover book that had the rather interesting title of “Hunter of Wolves” that had two men on the cover. The girl showed no signs of embarrassment despite the two men clearly gazing at each other with heat only beaten by the rose petals randomly on fire.

Despite having summoned the gate she showed no interest in rushing Midas along as she continued to take full advantage of her free-time; only movement being occasionally turning of a page or her readjusting the large round glasses on her face.

Though there was one thing of note that certainly made the whole scene quite unusual - there wasn’t only one girl there. That wasn’t to say there were ‘other girls’ but instead there were a total of five of the exact same girl reading the exact same book on the same ledge. The only reason that Midas was sure she wasn’t just seeing a reflection of some kind was due to the fact the time they readjusted their glasses was completely different from one another.

Didn’t matter how many of them there were though as not a single one of them turned to look at the serpent making her lift her brow with a sultry smile.

Still she made no quick movements as, although she never saw them properly before, she knew these were very likely the ‘sub-heads’ of the {Goddess of Order} who blessed her. Looking at the five she could feel the same aura that she felt when she first met the goddess or rather when she felt when seeing those other heads. In comparison the first head was far stronger than the ones in front of her even with them all together.

<I suppose boob size really does correlate with power level hence why there are so many big boobed Archons; maybe that’s why Violet even decided to re-roll the genetic lottery ohohoho~!>

As if they had all heard that rather ‘interesting observation’ all five of the heads simultaneously turned towards the gate with furrowed brows. The frowns on their painfully average, at least to the very eccentric snake, faces made Midas cover up her lips. A faint little chuckle left her lips making the five foreheads all concurrently tremble as their eyes suddenly got far darker than they were before.

Midas was no coward (most of the time) though; walking toward the gate but not forgetting to whip her hand out behind herself to have a little golden snake fly out. It would be unfortunate if she missed the wedding since she really wanted to see what would happen when the two swore their undying love to {The Heavens}… After all {The Heavens} usually didn’t take very kindly to being taken as a joke by cultivators like Lord Cobra hence it wouldn’t be surprising if the place saw some purple rain - rain of lightning that is.

After having left her little replacement behind she fearlessly went through into the heavenly realm where she was initially caught in surprise at just how much hotter it was. She couldn’t help taking a moment to look over her side to see the sight of a true wasteland which time had not been kind to at all. Once this realm was the most beautifully advanced yet now the only sign of advancement was the land slowly reclaiming the marble pillars that at one point held up grand structures those of the {Mortal Realm} still wouldn’t be able to fathom.

Here and there bramble bushes could be seen as well as the occasional tree nevertheless they were as undead as everything else in these lands. Across this barren land once could occasionally even see the gigantic skeletons of dragons, tigers or the bipedal titans that erst ruled all of  the lands in existence with a barbed whip in hand. Now they just littered the area where their tembled stood before history even recorded; these titans weren’t the biggest thing to be seen though,

Far off in the distance was a massive black skull with molten red veins across the ashen bone that made it seem like a volcanic rock. Upon the forehead were two horns that weren’t evenly long while a halo made from a crown of thorns mysteriously floated above. Seeing that skeletal figure made Midas’ heart clench somewhat nonetheless she managed to keep her sultry smile on her face showing no signs of any particular feelings.

“Although he’s shattered he still exists; we would even say that {The Sticky Fingered Imp} is a pretty accurate rendition if {The Heavenly Demon} one is not up to standards.” <Akaibu>

Thankfully all five of the heads didn’t speak at once as it appeared one would ‘take charge’ of such matters.

This was made clear by the fact that the other four behind the ‘first’ had returned to looking at their books though didn’t return to sitting down as they once did. The scene made Midas kind of curious as to what their reaction would be if one of them were to fall off the ledge though considering they were a flying-style dragon it seemed like a pointless thought. Still it most certainly would bring amusement to the snake to watch the awkward girl suffer a little bit even if they were supposed to be the entity's angel.

They both knew that they had their own goals when they both agreed to this turn of events which was also why Midas was curious as to why the girls would approach. The last time was just to piggy-back them to a potential ally. This time there was seemingly no reason and it wasn’t as if the {S.Y.S.T.E.M} was a particularly social god when she didn’t need to be.

Still Midas decided to play along while looking over the scene below which she found quite beautiful… Especially the remains of those supposed immortal primordial gods.

“Well I wouldn’t know what imp you were talking about ssince Violet didn’t sseem to really bring any demonss with her; either way I doubt an imp could ever truly be classsified ass a titan like that gigantic sskeleton back there ohohoho~!” <Midas>

Holding her hand in front of her mouth while letting her obnoxious laugh slip through her fingers.

“I see…” <Akaibu>

In contrast the goddess was far from amused.

She herself turned to look over at the gigantic skull which they could only fully see due to pretty much being on the other side of the {Heavenly Realm}. In terms of size there was truly no equal to the titan once called Atlas; even after all these years his size dwarfed many realms, never mind the two humanoid figures overlooking him. Of course, it was only ‘two’ since the other four were far too focused on their manuals. Though having seen the skeleton a lot - the Akaibu didn’t get hung up on the tortured entity as she instead turned back to look at Midas.

“You remember my Heavenly God title right?” <Akaibu>

“Order~?” <Midas>

“Indeed, so as my archangel, it would make sense for you to bring some order to the chaotic desert in order to try to gain a foothold in the {Mortal Realm}.” <Akaibu>

Her head turned to Midas while pushing up her glasses causing her eyes to be hidden behind the glare the action created.

“Right?” <Ak>

“Yess~.” <Midas>

Midas meanwhile was as slovenly as always.

“Then why is it that the amount of chaos in that desert has only increased since you arrived with no signs of peace any time soon!” <Akaibu>

“Think of it ass an early birthday pressent for your twin brother; Chaos~?” <Midas>

“He’s not my twin brother as he was only born recently!” <Akaibu>

The goddess shouted while stopping on the ground with her foot rather cutely; still if she did that with real intent to cause damage the cliffside would have collapsed. Fortunately for them all the little thing was the {Heavenly Goddess of Order} so was very good at controlling her power else the imagined scene in Midas’ mind would have come true. Still she rested her face in both of her hands while letting out a long sigh.

“When momma takes notice of the desert when that wedding happens she is going to beat my ass for letting this all happen even though it’s Violet who did it…” <Akaibu>

“Wass it not Violet’ss DNA in you, not Sohn-Tochter’ss?” <Midas>

“I don’t believe so, that would be Liz-2… Wait, that's not the point, I have a job for you so you best actually do something positive for that dessert for once! We don’t have time if you want to appease momma Sohn-Tochter - else she’s going to descend down earlier than planned and take you into the academy. You don’t want that either do you?” <Akaibu>

Midas softly shook her head with a cute pout as well as a sigh.

“I would argue I am doing a lot of good yet true change takes tim-” <Midas>

“You’ll be able to turn some high ranked beasts into golden statues to help add to your cultivation as I want you to take care of one of their schemes.” <Akaibu>

“Of coursse I am not oppossed to fighting againsst ssome evil criminalss ohohoho~!” <Midas>

“*Tsk* venal whore.” <Midas>

3