Chapter 68: To The Point of Formlessness
179 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

I don't know whether to laugh that last chapter was on 69 views when I'm uploading thus or even more depressed at how dead this & hero seem to be right now.

Anyways, enjoy~♥

 

 

Hearing, in addition to seeing, the larger womens foul demeaning taunts made the group of savage coyotes ‘a little peeved’.

First among those was the little spirit elder who had turned red in the face with steam practically whizzing out from her ears. Turning to look at the various other malicious beasts around her allowed her to somewhat calm down however; her expression changing to one of arrogance as she tilted her head upwards to look down on Midas. Though the success was minimal due to the vast difference in the heights of the two.

“Seems like you don’t fear death brat!” <Elder Coyote>

“”Hm~? Now why would I need to fear death; who could posssibly grant it to me here?” <Midas>

The brow of the beast twitched yet she let out a long sigh to control her rage before trying to keep that smile on her face. Afterall, who was this twerp compared to her? In a few minutes this whore would have her insides become outsiders with her dining on her flesh like it was some sort of fast food!

Renewing her patience the elder promptly giggles nevertheless her croaky voice made such an act more menacing than any threat could have been. Still she brandished her claws (which she licked) as well as aura to hope the little thing wets herself!

“We-” <Elder Coyote>

“Shashasha~ you can’t mean you cute little fella’s are planning to attack - the only thing fearful about you lot is that unrefined nature of yours - that can’t be~!” <Midas>

*Snap*

“BRING ME THAT BITCHES HEAD!” <Elder Coyote>

That was all that was needed for the beasts to all unleash their claws while hissing in anger as they revealed their fangs.

In contrast Midas could not be any calmer though she did narrow her eyes a little in ‘amusement’ while ensuring not to miss a single detail from the midgets. One of the younger ones, who clearly couldn’t wait in helping themself some of her flesh, leaped forward to meet her head on. For that she simply pivoted to the side while lifting a head to have her shin impact him in the back of the coyote’s neck hitting him in just the right spot at lightning-fast speed.


His momentum carried him forward as he flew in the air but if anyone looked they would see that he was already foaming at the mouth with whitened eyes. Though it didn’t seem like the other coyote cared so much about that as the first attack was always just to spook the prey in order to test the waters. Should they defend another pounce, if they run the entire pack will attack till they cannot run anymore and in the unlikely case that they attack…

Well in situations like this they performed a similar strategy to those who remain on the defensive; as such they used the time afforded to them to surround the snake. She ‘didn’t notice’ which allowed them to quickly encircle her with their superior speed. From there they began to snicker slightly out of sync while slowly moving in multiple rows with some going clockwise then others anti-clockwise.

Some may consider it a ‘useless tactic for the weak’ but that didn’t matter to these worshippers of evil as such a strategy rarely failed them. It didn’t matter to them that they had always been looked down upon by the other beast clans as they always won in the long run. No matter strong someone is they will eventually give in to their intimidation leading to them making some dumb mistake upon which the group would pounce!

Tension given by time was only to their advantage so having an overconfident brat like this fighting was perfect to show off.

“Quite the impresssive performance you little bitchess have but I’m afraid I have better thingss to do than amusse ssome children shashasha~!” <Midas>

At least, that’s what they believed, yet Midas just moved a leg down to the coyote cultist she already knocked out to stomp upon his neck with a *crack*. She didn’t even bother to wipe the sultry smirk from her face causing those little hounds to go from mocking to instead growling angrily as blood seeped into the golden sands. Due to the brat still being quite young his blood still had a glimmer of red but nonetheless their powerful scent of smell was filled with the death of their young.

A moment of distraction was all Midas needed to launch another ‘attack’ as she casually had a certain invisible appendage stretch out from behind her. It was a simple act yet since the group didn’t notice the slight shifting of light it resulted in them being unprepared. In a matter of seconds one coyote falling forward caused them to drag the one in front of them forward quickly spiralling to most of the beasts falling into the sand.

“YOU FOOLS!”  <Elder Coyote>

Midas calmly tapped the floor with her foot causing the sand to erupt outwards from her position in the form of spikes. Those still on their feet had no issue dodging those spines, nonetheless a large portion of the coyote were not fortunate as those sandy needles pierced their flesh before quickly deforming into grains once again. Perhaps that was crueller than if the spikes remained though as many open holes caused the group to quickly bleed out while whining in pain.

Seeing that their simple formation did nothing to the ‘mortal’, the spirit elder frowned, soon stepping forward herself as a malicious grin formed upon her face.

“Let’s use our big guns then to teach this brat a lesson!” <Elder Coyote>

As soon as she said that the sand began to kick up too soon from a massive typhoon of sand around Midas who raised her brow expectantly. The figures of those coyotes could occasionally be seen here and there yet only for a moment adding to their intimidation factor as she even felt her qi slowly leaving her body; the snake still wasn’t perturbed though. Instead she nodded her head gently with a smile while seemingly impressed with their new technique.

“Sso thiss iss part of the inheritance the cat besstowed upon you; quite impresssive indeed if I musst admit honesstly~!” <Midas>

“Laugh all you want but eventually we’ll leave your spiritual veins dry causing you to regress in your cultivation before we’ll slurp you up!” <Elder Coyote>

Her craggily words echoing throughout the sandstorm in order to make sure that the girl was fully aware of her situation. In such a moment most cultivators will obviously panic as nothing is more important than their cultivation progress - as such they will panic and try to find a way out to prevent permanent harm. Although it was true that the elder coyote’s ability did that it also didn’t hurt to take advantage of such a lapse of judgement to help speed up the process by wounding the fool!

One of the coyote’s as such leaped out from behind the woman since it was a clear blind spot since she was clearly used to using kicks.

Before their claws could reach Midas though the sand parted as an invisible attack caused a disturbance as it slapped the beast's unguarded face. The blow wasn’t small as they totally didn’t expect it (plus Midas’ cultivation was higher than she was letting on) resulting in them flying off to the side. Midas merely tilted her head backwards to give the spiralling body of her newest victim with the same smug sultry smirk.

“HAHA~ SHE HAS REVEALED HER TRICKS; SHE IS IN CONTROL OF WIND NOT EART OR SAND SO BEWARE OF HER!” <Elder Coyote>

The coyote quickly grasped at this chance with grins as they began to launch an all out attack at random directions in hopes to overwhelm the female cultivator. This was a brave choice that was met with Midas footwork technique that mixed in lightning fast attacks after slippery movements that made her appear like a formless slime immune to attacks. She didn’t launch attack after attack but clearly measured herself luring her opponents in with the thought of “if we just land a bit closer” or “if we just continue attacking she’ll be overwhelmed” yet such thoughts never came to pass.

Like a snake slowly coiling around an unaware prey the number of opponents slowly decreased as she truly didn’t even move her hands from behind her back.

Each opponent that hit the sand even reduced the intensity of sandstorm yet as time went on the snake's sultry smile did become more strained. Every movement she made caused her brows to furrow just that bit more. And every blow she made was followed by her eyes slimming that bit more.

Feeling their success just around the corner none of the beasts seemed to realise what was occurring before Midas tail shot out once more to coil around the neck of another beast. Lifting them into the air she looked around only to see what was left of the sandstorm was used to create the form of the spirit elder who still had an arrogant smile on her face. In contrast Midas' expression contained none of her previous snark as she spoke up.

“Iss that all?” <Midas>

“Wha-” <Elder Coyote>

“I’ve waited for you to pull some new technique out, maybe activate ssome final form granted by my pusssy of a rival, yet now it’ss jusst you but I find mysself bored~!” <Midas>

“Just me; haven’t you realised by now that you…” <Elder Coyote>

Only now did the coyote look around to see that over the long course of the battle Midas had slowly whittled her troupes down. She was neither fast nor sneaky with her attacks causing each one to be noticeable yet after a while the wounds just merged together. While one blow never took down an opponent the damage slowly built up till they were hear and with her tightening invisible tail creating a *crack* it was truly just her and the evil spirit beast.

“Perhaps it is just me… Yet you can’t damage me with nor-!” <Elder Coyote>

“[Death Beam]~!” <Midas>

Midas whipped her index finger to point to the beasts core with a small golden ball on the tip that soon exploded out into a concentrated beam that shattered the core; a move never expected due to the promise and actions that had so far kept to it.

*Kwak!* Y-you promised to not use your hands…” <Elder Coyote>

Feeling her cultivation slipping through her fingers as she grasped her heavily bleeding wound while returning to a humanoid form with blood seeping from every pour. The serpent just shrugged with a sultry grin clearly visible on her beautiful blue lips.

“Really~ I don’t remember shashasha~!” <Midas>

“... Sly- *blurgh*.” <Elder Coyote>

The only word she managed to push out before collapsing to the ground looking like an old prune - unknown whether she died from age or her injuries.

3