Chapter 4 Meet the parents
2.2k 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I and Copper make it to my house a half-hour after meeting and we walk through the front door.

"Mooom I'm home! I've brought a guest!" (Red)

Hearing footsteps coming from the kitchen my mom walks out wiping her hands off on an apron.

"Red dear did you say we have a gues-" (Mother)

Mom pauses and she sees Copper. Then before I realized it she was right in front of Copper. THE HELL?! That's a good fifteen feet she crossed in less than a second!! Is she a ninja? Now that I think about it I never used my observe skill on her. I'll have to do that later at a better time.

"Oh my goodness my boy has brought home such a cute girl!" (Mother)

Before she could react Copper was engulfed in my mom's arms is a suffocating hug. R.I.P Copper.

"My goodness your so adorable! Look at you! You're even taller than my boy that makes you even more adorable!" (Mother)

Copper looks like she is actually suffocating now so I guess I should step in.

"Mom, I understand you're excited but she might suffocate if you continue." (Red)

Mom pauses for a moment and let's go of Copper.

"Oh dear i'm so sorry dear I just got a bit too excited after seeing has cute you are." (Mother)

"I'm n-not cute at all and I'm to t-tall. (Copper)

"Nonsense! With the right clothes, you could look even cuter!" (Mother)

After she mentions her clothes mom take a look and notices her dress is messed up.

"Oh goodness, what in the world happened to your dress dear?" (Mother) 

 Copper looks like she suddenly remembers she was being bullied earlier and looks like she's about to cry.

"Mom, she was being bullied earlier by a group of boys. It sounded like they were bullying her because of her height. I chased them off but not before they somehow ripped her dress." (Red)

 "WHAT?! How dare someone bullies such an adorable girl! They should be punished severely. " (Mother)

Mom once again hugs Copper but a little harder this time. Copper's arms are flailing around in surprise.

"Mom like I said before you'll suffocate her. Also, I did run them off but I didn't fight them though. I brought her here to see if you could fix her dress." (Red)

"Good job son! Your already rescuing damsels in distress! Mommy is proud of you! Now as for you how about we get that dress fix?" (Mother)

'P-please ma'am if you d-don't mind." (Copper)

"Of coarse, I don't mind for someone as cute as you. One moment while I go get some for you to wear and grab my sewing stuff." (Mother)

Mom gets up and with a hop in her step, she walks to her room humming and in a good mood.

"Sorry about that she really likes cute things. So seeing you hit all the right buttons." (Red)

"I-it's fine. She's really nice." (Copper)

A moment later mom comes walking back in the room with one of her shirts and her sewing equipment.

"Here's one of my shirts you can wear while I fix your dress. Now let's get you out of that dress." (Mother)

Mom helps Copper out of her dress. So now she's standing in front of me almost naked. She's not wearing a bra and she's wearing cute Elekid printed underwear. She's not showing any embarrassment at all. I repeat a girl is standing in front of me naked without looking embarrassed. Why? Because she's a freaking seven-year-old girl! Get your head out of the gutter!!

She finishes putting moms shirt. It's oversized obviously but not too much.

" Red dear how about you both go play in your room while I fix this." (Mother)

"Okay, mom. This way." (Red)

Copper follows me upstairs and into a room. As soon as she gets in my room she gasps.

"S-so many posters." (Copper)

On the walls of my room, there isn't a spot where you can see the actual wall as it's covered in Pokemon posters. Specifically Pokemon Champion posters. The past ten years worth of Pokemon Champions and there winning team are on my wall as posters. Of course, there are some Champions who stayed as Champions for multiple years but they still have a new poster out with their current team.

"Yea I like watching the Elite Four challenges and the Championship fights." (Red)

"I don't get the chance to watch them much as I mostly help mom and dad in their shop. Are you going to be a trainer when you grow up Red?" (Copper)

"Yea. I plan on becoming the best and fight to the top and become the Champion of the world." (Red)

"Umm, you mean our region right? Of Kanto?" (Copper)

"No. I'll become the strongest the world has ever seen. I'll defeat all the worlds Champions and become the Emperor Champion. That's my dream." (Red)

Emperor Champion. What is it? Some would say it's a fairy tale or a dream. A truly impossible to obtain dream. To beat every single standing champion and become the sole standing Champion in the world  Why is it impossible? Because a Champions career is always on borrowed time.  As soon as someone becomes Champion everyone who wishes to become Champion the next year will study and prepare to counter everything they can against the current Champion. It's rather hard to look up info on an opponent you don't know you're going to be facing. But if you know you who you are going against it'll be easy to take them down. Champions rarely change there team line ups. Most are arrogant and don't see themselves losing with the team they had built and raised with so much hardship. That's always their downfall. Others would rather not have to raise a whole new team from the ground up. Some just love their team too much and are unwilling to bend. They all fall sooner or later.

Occasionally Champions challenge each other and a Champion will become the Champion of two regions. But now they have to deal with two regions worths of challengers. Many don't wish to go through that and are content with just there own region.

"Wow. T-that's amazing. I wish I had a dream like that." (Copper)

"I'm sure you'll have a dream eventually. We still have a long time until we are both grown-ups." (Red)

She walks over to one of my posters that I have next to my bed. 

"I know this one! She's the current champion, right? I managed to see her Championship match!" (Copper)

 "You're right she's the current Champion. Her name is Violet and she's actually my favorite champion so far." (Red)

"She's so beautiful and stylish." (Copper)

It's true Violet Is an exceptional beauty. Her straight violet purple hair flows down her back like a waterfall. Her piercing green eyes can she right through you. She has a look on the poster that just screams better than you. She does have a look of arrogance to her but the results of her battles speak for themselves. The Championship is a series of battle to determine the right to face the Champion. In all of her matches, she wiped the floor with her opponents. Not even sustaining a single knock out on her team. Even when there was clear type disadvantage she came out on top by using strategy. Some trainers like to just brute force their way to victory and sure that's an option but when you clearly have someone using type advantage against you brute force is just not an option.

We both talk for a few more minutes until Mom walks in.

"Okay sweety I finished your dress. Let's get you changed." (Mother)

Copper takes off the shirt that mom gave her and puts her dress back on.

"Wow, I can even tell where it was torn. Thank you, ma'am," (Copper)

"No problem sweety. Now you should head on home I'm sure your parents are wondering where you are at. Red be a dear and walk her home will you." (Mother)

"Yes, mom. Let's go so that we don't worry your parents." (Red)

We both leave my house and walk back down the road. Copper shows me the way to her house which is not actually that far. Just a ten-minute walk down the road. 

We reach her house and I take in what I see. A nice looking two-story house that's similar to mine. But the similarities of our house end there as they have an extension to their house... a big one. A huge garage that even bigger than the house. Looks like it could fit both our houses actually. But there's another thing that stands out... 

"I'm s-sorry for the mess my parents kinda have a habit of collecting junk to repair. They end up going overbored with the collecting and don't have room for things." (Copper)

That's an understatement. There are junk and parts everywhere. There are even cars that have been cannibalized for there parts. Washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, computers, tv's, and other things that can't even be identified now and strewn all over the property. I think I even see half a plane.... wheres the other half...

We finally come up to the front door to the house and Copper walks in.

"Mom, Dad I'm home!" (Copper)

There's a bit of a commotion in one of the rooms and then heavy running could be heard. Suddenly something came around the corner. The only thing I can describe it is.... a dwarf. No, not the little people kind on earth. But the ax-wielding. Orc slaying. Drink loving. Full bearded fantasy dwarf came and snatched poor Copper up in a bear hug while crying.

"Coppeeerrrr! Where have you been?! Papa has been so worried! Were you bullied again?! Don't worry papa will beat them up this time for sure!" (???)

"Daaad not in front of a guest." (Copper)

The dwarf pauses for a moment and looks over at me. 

"Hello, sir. Sorry, she's back so late it's partially my fault." (Red)

The dwarf gently sets Copper back down and walks towards me with fire in his eyes

"Oh, are you saying that your the one who's been bullying my princess?" (???)

"No, sir." (Red)

"What?! Then what are you here for? Wait... no no you're here to ask to date her arent you?!" (???)

"Daaaaaad!" (Copper)

"No, sir." (Red)

"No?! Wait is not to date her then... M-marriage?! Then you must want to marry her?!" (???)

Looking over at Copper she's blushing furiously.

"No, sir." (Red)

"What?! Are you saying she's not good enough fer ya?! Cmere ya little runt!" (???)

He takes a couple of steps towards me and starts to reach towards me. The fire in his eyes tells me he's serious. But I'm not worried. Why? Because, the true ruler of the house has snuck up behind him.

"Dear. What are you about to do to a child." (???)

The dwarf suddenly pauses. His hand on inches away from grabbing me. But for him... a hand falls on his shoulder. A hand that's below freezing.

"Dear. I'll ask again. What are you about to do to a child that looks the same age as our daughter. Who is only seven years old." (???)

The dwarf slowly turns around while sweating furiously.

"Sweetums I'm just doing a father's duty and scaring away any boys after our princess. Sides he might be the one who has been bullying our princess." (???)

"Ah yes, a bully who comes into the home of the one who they bully yes?" (???)

"W-well... I mean... he could be..." (???)

"Dear.  He's the first person our Copper has brought home. I'd rather not think that you just scared away our Copper's first friend. Apologize to the poor boy. Though he doesn't look it you could have terrified the poor boy." (???)

Realization flashes by the dwarfs face at what he's done. He suddenly throws himself on the ground in what I can only call a Japanese seiza.

"Laddy! Please forgive this fool of a father!" (???)

"It's fine. I knew I wasn't in danger." (Red)

"Huh? But i almost..." (???)

I point at Copper's mom.

"Because the true ruler of the house was behind you the whole time." (Red)

The dwarf's mouth just gaped open and no words came out. Copper's mom just started laughing.

"He's got you there dear. He knows who runs this house. What's your name?" (???)

"Red, ma'am" (Red)

 "Red huh? My name is Nickel. And this failure of a father and husband is Iron. Come over and sit down with us and tell us how you met our Copper." (Nickel)

We go over and sit in what looks to be a living room. But even in here there's a bunch of junk.

"Well the first time I saw her she was getting bullied by this group-" (Red)

31