Chapter 103
42 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theanore went to a particular blue girl and hugged her. Then she pointed the mirror at her and saw that while there were some gold and red flakes now, the blue was still dominant.

“Why are you sad?” Asked Theanore. The girl kissed Theanore’s hair.

“I am eighteen, Princess. I will leave after New Year. In just two days,” said the girl. “I have no trade and only a basic education. The world out there is a grim place.”

“Don’t you know? You can stay until you get a trade. My father said so,” said Theanore and the gold replaced the blue.

“Truly? I…little Highness, thank you,” said the girl, tearing up. Theanore hugged her again and then, much like a bee, she was off to the next sad person. This time it was a small boy with a scraped knee.

“Are you sad because you are hurt?” She asked and the boy nodded.

“Tania, I need a healing potion for the scraps,” said Theanore.

A minor healing potion costs 10 mana. Spend 10 mana? Yes/No?

Theanore clicked the yes and a small flask appeared in her hands. She gave it to the boy and watched as he drank it. The wound closed and he smiled. This time the boy was dominated by red.

Theanore went to the next blue person. This time it was Claudia. She sighed when she saw Theanore and the nymph curtsied to cheer her up. That got the desired effect because Claudia chuckled.

“Little Highness, it is cold out. It would be best if you go home,” red was slowly replacing the blue, but Theanore wanted some gold in there too. Claudia deserved to be happy.

“Claudia, why are you sad?” Asked Theanore, and Claudia sighed again.

“This place is very nice, little Highness, but I fear that the children will get attached. Then, when it comes time for them to leave, their hearts will be broken.”

“Don’t worry about that, Claudia. They can always come and visit,” said Theanore, and then she saw some gold flakes in the mirror.

“You are too kind, little Highness,” said Claudia. “Run along now. There are many blue people in your kingdom.”

Theanore went to all the blue people she could reach, and she did her best to make them happy the whole day. When it was dinner time, she went back to her house and pointed the mirror at her family. They were all red with gold flakes. She smiled at that.

“What game are you playing today, Thea?” Asked Marinus. He had been tending to his aquafarm the entire day.

“I made sure that no one was blue at the grotto,” said Theanore proudly. She was given a bowl with kebab, and she began to eat.

“This is delicious, mommy. Did you make it?” Asked Theanore between bites.

“No, your father. He is quite the family man, our Crassus,” said Esmer with a wink in Crassus’ direction. He chuckled and blushed. The two children noticed and shared a look. Operation get Esmer and Crassus together was back on.

“Mommy, did you know that father likes your eyes very much?” Asked Theanore as Crassus chocked on his food. “He says they are like two stars.”

“Does he now?” Said Esmer with a slight smile. She turned to Crassus. “And what else do you like about me?”

“Well, your nose is adorable,” said Crassus, his blush deepening. “And your curls are the softest I have ever seen.”

“Mine are the softest!” Protested Theanore before Marinus could shush her.

“No, mine are the softest!” Said Esmer with a laugh. She could be childish, too, from time to time.

“Mari, are my curls softer than mommy’s?” Asked Theanore, and Marinus sighed.

“If Crassus says they are not…” Began Marinus. Then he stopped as Theanore’s mirror was pointing at her, and he saw blue flakes. “But your hair is more vibrant. You have more golden strands. I like your hair better than Esmer’s.” Said Marinus, and he calmed down when he saw the blue being replaced by red.

“Really?” Said Theanore.

“Yes,” and the gold in Theanore’s aura became blinding.

“Oh, is that so? Crassus, defend my honor,” said Esmer, who had caught up on what Marinus has just done.

“Your voice is melodic,” said Crassus, obediently.

“Your voice is like a bell chime, Thea,” said Marinus, not to be outdone, least the blue returned.

“When you smile, you lit up the whole room. Even though your smiles are rare, I cherish them all the more for it,” said Crassus. He was in a competition with a toddler and enjoying every second of it.

“Your smiles are common, but when you smile for me, I feel like I can fly, Thea. You are a sugar pixie,” said Marinus. He was leading in the competition. He just knew it.

“I am a nymph, silly,” said Theanore, giggling.

“A sugar nymph, then,” corrected himself, Marinus, with a laugh.

“You are a honey bee, Esmer. Because you have collected us all and have turned our lives honey sweet,” said Crassus, and he smirked. He just won.

“I can’t top that, Thea. Sorry,” admitted Marinus, but no blue came back in the mirror.

“Crassus, I invite you to a walk around the lake,” said Esmer, a gentle smile playing on her lips.

“Oh,” said both the children. They huddled together and pressed their hands together.

“Little worker elves, don’t conspire now or read too much into this. It is just a walk,” said Esmer, but she was blushing.

“Will you make a snow angel? Mari and I make snow angels all the time,” asked Theanore. Marinus nodded.

“And snowmen. Or snow women. You have to make them too. And then you have to have a snowball fight. All fun snow activities,” said Marinus as the two adults barely contained their laughter.

“It seems our date is planned. But I have a surprise for you, Esmer," said Crassus.

“What is it?” Asked Esmer.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I tell you,” said Crassus. He stood up and extended his hand towards her, and then the two headed towards the frozen lake.

16.5.2022 did some editing.

4