Chapter 109
37 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dragons were unruly, and they didn’t listen to Theanore. They wanted to go into battle immediately, but Esmer managed to get them in hand with a crafty illusion that put them to sleep. She rounded up on the little nymph.

“What were you thinking, summoning dragons? They are the highest rank of mob there is!” Said Esmer. She kept her tone even, to not frighten Theanore, but she was angry inside.

“I am sorry, mommy. But I already prepaid for 10000 dragons and one boss dragon.” Said Theanore. Personally, she thought the dragons were pretty. But she did agree that they were also scary.

“Foolish girl! You can’t control a thousand, let alone ten thousand. Grandpa Thinker and I will defend you. Return the dragons.” Said Esmer. Theanore got that look in her eyes that spelled trouble.

“No. I will scare Emperor Casimir into retreating. I can do this, mommy.” Said Theanore stubbornly. Esmer sighed.

“But you need to train those mobs. I will wake one, and then we will start from it. Good thing you got dragons and not wyverns. Those can’t talk.” Said Esmer. She picked up Theanore and carried her to the dragons. She set her down when they arrived, and she woke one of the dragons. It growled.

“Where is the enemy that tricked me?” Screamed the dragon. Theanore was worried that the beast would wake the others, so she shushed him.

“Hello, my name is Theanore. I am a Princess. You are here to defend my kingdom. Would you like a cookie?” Asked Theanore. The dragon regarded her and snorted some smoke out.

“What is a cookie? An enemy?” Said the dragon. Theanore pulled out a cookie from her dimensional bag and held it before the snout of the dragon.

“It is food. Tasty, sweet, food.” Said Theanore. The dragon’s tongue poked out of his maw and stuck the cookie to itself. The dragon ate the cookie and looked at Theanore expectantly.

“Another, tiny girl.” Said the dragon. Dragons were notorious for their sweet tooth. Theanore smiled at that and proceeded to feed the dragon with cookies. When she was done, the dragon was laying in her feet, purring.

“Are you purring because you are about to attack? Like a murder muffin?” Asked Theanore, worried.

“No, tiny girl. I feel content. Why did you summon me and my brethren?” Asked the dragon.

“Well, I need protection from mean Emperor Casimir, who wants to burn my apple sapling. And Tania, my system, says you dragons are the best there are. The prettiest, the bravest and the most fire breathing.” Unknown to Theanore, dragons were susceptible to flattery. The dragon puffed up its chest and tickled Theanore with its tail.

“I am Raf. The Knight Bane. And I proclaim you friend of the dragons. Tiny girl, wake the others. We will fly in your defense.” Said Raf.

“Mommy, can you please wake up the other dragons? I am sure Raf can bring them on my side.” Said Theanore. Esmer waved her hand and then the dragons awoke.

Raf explained to them the situation and promised them cookies upon their victorious return from the front lines. He even explained what a cookie was, and Theanore pulled up some more and gave some younger dragons one each. They, too, proclaimed her a friend of the dragons and then as one flew towards the border.

“Emperor Casimir is going to quake in fear when he sees them. These are your first thousand?” Asked Esmer. Theanore nodded.

“And when will you summon the boss?” She asked and Theanore chuckled.

“I am leaving him for last, mommy. He will be the biggest one. He will need this whole clearing for himself.” Said Theanore. Then they heard shouts.

Esmer was worried. What if the dragons have gotten back on their word and attacked? She waved her hand and send Theanore to the apple sapling with a spell. The nymph was asleep as soon as she landed in the grotto.

Theanore secured, Esmer went to the commotion. She saw a big, familiar dragon eyeing the petting zoo. The animals inside were panicking and screeching. The children of the grotto were hidden in the nearby houses, watching the beast.

Esmer could take this beast. Put it to sleep, at least. But she didn’t want for it to come to this. Where had she seen this dragon before?

“Esmer von Kleindorf. Show yourself.” Boomed the dragon as it moved away from the petting zoo and looked back and forth, trying to find Esmer.

“Who are you, dragon. Do we know each other?” Asked Esmer as she magicked a sword out of thin air. She held it before herself and calculated the weak spots of the dragon.

“Ah, here are you, dungeon core. No need for that toothpick. I come in peace. I hear your daughter, the dungeon core Theanore, requires a boss mob. Furthermore, I am in need of mana to heal. But where are my manners? You asked me a question. I am Marferik, dear lady. The Dread.”

“Heal from what?” Asked Esmer, sword still held up. “You don’t look sick.”

“From a broken heart, dear lady. My little Selene passed away because of humans and left my heart shattered. I want to be a protector again. Of little children that will give me belly scratches.” Said Marferik with a soft smile on his maul.

Esmer lowered her sword finally.

“Theanore is asleep. I send her to the manifestation of her core. Her apple sapling. I can get her to meet you, but afterwards you will be going to the front lines. There hasn’t been a declaration of war yet, but there soon will be one, Marferik.”

Marferik bowed his head and Esmer magicked Theanore to herself. Theanore rubbed her eyes and when she saw the white dragon, she rushed to hug one of his giant paws.

“You are the prettiest giant dragon I have ever seen.” Said Theanore. A slight red appeared on Marferik’s cheeks. Ah, to have a dungeon core to protect again.

3