End of a life.
193 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This Chapter is not for the faint of heart, nor the queasy of the stomach. Should you feel queasy or uncomfortable at any time, please skip it as it is only one part of the chapter.

The morning of the third month's beginning and I woke up with minimal confusion but tired and confused nonetheless. My view was occupied with some kind of screen and my memories were almost completely gone. I knew my name, I knew where I was, I knew what situation I was in. But I didn't remember how I got there, how I knew things, how I knew I had a family that wasn't my family.

I also had something else. There was some kind of twitch, telling me I was different from before. There was something attached to my tailbone, I didn't feel cold despite the storm still raging and the weak insulation that was traded for sturdier walls.

It was strange. I felt like myself and different. I felt like I forgot everything and yet, I remembered everything.

I ignored it and went back to sleep.

I didn't know how long it had been since I went back to sleep but I awoke in somewhere else. I was in a forest, vaguely familiar but on the tip of my tongue. That said...

There were two other new sensations.

One was a vague coating around what would be my hands and the other was a vague disgust with being full as if I just ate. I first thought back, trying to see if I could remember what I did.

I regretted doing that.

A memory came up and I lived it. I realized what I was, I was an adolescent tiger with white fur and black stripes. I was staring at the lounge and other animals raging about, attacking people... killing people...

Eating people.

I looked down as I had felt something below me. It was a dead body, the idiot's body. Realizing that pushed me out of the memory as I looked at my paws and saw the white and black fur covered in a dark red crust-like substance.

It was dried blood.

Human blood.

I vomited almost instantly and passed out afterwards, only to wake up in yet a different place. It was a cave, green and amber crystals hung around me as I explored my new memories... I found worse things.

I had found a city and other larger than normal animals, no doubt like me, and we raided a human camp. I remember killing the adults who attacked me, taking a reactive offence rather than a active one. I threw their comrades' bodies onto them and killed them after. Eating all my kills at the end, I couldn't stay conscious when memory me ran at more humans.

Once again, I woke up in a different place. 

This place was stranger than the others. I was on a cloud... There was a giant black crystal in front of me. There were others here. A Dragon, a Phoenix and a Turtle. Is what I wanted to say. No, this was different. There was a Leopard, a Lion and a Cougar. The Black crystal seemed to contain a cheetah.

I search through my memories only to realize I don't need to. I remember them all, every moment, every action. At the same time, there was something else... I felt like I had control over myself again.

'Why now?'

I thought over it. I had done so much... horrid things. And now is when I regain control? Why? How?

I had so many questions, so many sorrows, regrets, so many of so much. Feeling I was starting to lose myself, I took a deep breath and went back to my memories at the beginning of the transformation.

I had just turned when I saw something, it disappeared almost instantly though because I smelled something. Blood. I roamed the surprisingly empty hallways and made my way to the lounge. I saw a woman in front of me holding some kind of light. It was a strange light, I felt like it was a good omen. Well, my current self did. My past self seemed to disagree and immediately slaughtered the woman. I remembered the taste that I didn't but should've hated, the stench of copper and iron mixing with the smell of blood, the feel of air as I simply swiped and killed her, the sound of her tearing flesh.

The sight of it all.

I went back to the memory at the start and caught a glimpse of it.

It said something like 'System Loading - 26%'

I got curious and decided to call for it then, lo and behold, something appeared.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

[Name- Undecided.]

[Level: 37,530 / 40,500]

[Exp: 35%]

[Race: Black and White Winged Tiger {8 Seals}]

[Stats:

HP: (Con *2 + Str *1/2) {9,321,257.5/9,321,257.5}

MP: (Int *3 + Wis *3/4) {13,981,885.5/13,981,885.5}

Str: 3,728,503

Con: 3,728,503

Dex: 3,728,502

Int: 3,728,503

Wis: 3,728,502

Cha: 3,728,502]

[Seals:

  • ⌬ Beast (Origin)
  • ⌘ Magic (Inverse Variant)
  • ⌭ Earth (Base Variant)
  • ⌥ Nature (Flora Variant)
  • ⍝ Space (Origin)
  • ⌆ - Barrier (Spatial Variant)
  • ⌮ - Water (Life Variant)
  • ⍕ - Dark (Winged Variant)]

[Skills: Rend III, Lockjaw IV, Flight IX, Whip VI]

[States: Feral State (Beast Seal) - Controllable Passive. Anti-Magic State (Magic Seal) - Active. Tectonic State (Earth Seal) - Active. Vegetative State (Nature Seal) - Controllable Passive. Void State (Space Seal) - Active. Ever-Present Barrier State (Barrier Seal) - Passive. Regenerative State (Water Seal) - Passive. Abyssal Sky Yin State (Dark Seal) - Active.]

I was vastly confused for a split second only to have memories describe the parts of the system faster than I could've thought possible. I learned about most of it and decided to just level. I didn't have anything else I could do. Wanted to do. Would do. I just endlessly spent my life leveling again and again until the black crystal broke.

The Cheetah spoke about a coming war between us and another world. As they spoke I gained a goal. I'd level for the war to come. So I did. I levelled for 500 years, eventually becoming a 9 Seal Beast at Level 1

I had thought it was enough but when the war rolled in... I was the first to die.

8