A new journey.
199 10 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up, feeling like I just had a nightmare. I stood up and realized instantly, it wasn't. I could feel my paws, tail and fur as I gazed on my ripped up clothes. I sighed, my 'nightmare' was clear to me. I could remember everything and yet, I felt I couldn't resist the thing that made me go in and out of consciousness... at least, not for long.

I quickly got up and looked left, I saw Specks who looked frightened. I walked over and put a paw on his head.

'Sorry Specks, I can't take you with me.'

While I still had control, I ran. I ran into the corridor, along the hallway and ignored the person I killed last time, into the lounge and out into the storm. I roared a roar of challenge at the others in the building. The rumbling could be felt in the ground as they chased me, bloodthirsty as I was at the start. I lost track of time as I ran and provoked them again and again, nonstop injuries and roars at them, drawing them away from the building. I needed to give the humans time. As long as they have that, it'll be fine. I can just go back to levelling in peace.

At least, that's what I thought I'd do and at the start, it was for a while. Anyway, I had ran for hours and finally I was in a place far enough from the humans. There were most of the animals here, growling at me. Now then, I didn't know if there was a way to return them back to their selves but my body disagreed with my mind at the notion of 'sparing them'. No, my body, despite the fatigue, slaughtered them. I only knew after I 'woke up' at the end of the battle though.

I then checked my status and lo and behold, I had already taken the same steps.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Name: Undecided.

Level: 3/3

Exp: 15,200% Extra

Race: Black and White Tiger (No Seals)

HP: 46/46

MP: 219/219

Str: 18

Con: 20

Dex: 43

Wis: 152

Int: 35

Cha: 58

Seals: None

Skills: Claw VII, Bite IV, Tail Whip II

States: None

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

'Oh my. 15,200? Jeez. Still, this is good for me. As long as my body doesn't get in any dangerous situations while I'm not conscious, I should be able to get quite a good evolution if I get to where I want to go.'

Although, I highly doubted I'd be able to make it there, it wasn't certain. But, it wasn't impossible either. So, while I was still conscious, I started on my path towards a certain cave near a place called Froðba in the Faroe Islands.

'The biggest problem is if my body will take me somewhere else... I don't have anyway to deal with that right now.'

I shrugged and started walking. I'd need to get to Ottawa, Canada before the storm ends.

'Of course, I also need to find someone willing to bring me on an airplane.'

So I started humming as I went on my way to find a landmark. The forest I was in was really quite nice. I knew it had mutated from the occasional blue leaves and pale-white bark on redwood-height trees. These trees would one day be named Mana Storm Trees. Mutated from any tree after being saturated by a Mana Storm's mana. 

The air was slightly humid from the ongoing storm but the occasional wind on my fur felt nice. That said, the rain pelting me was a definite downside to the whole situation.

'Still, this is quite nice. It's more relaxing than finding your real parents are... well, unpleasant.'

I continued on my path until I found a quaint little thing embedded in a tree near a road.

[Daniel Boone National Forest]

I mumbled, "Huh, I'm quite a ways away from my hometown... well, if being in Kentucky when your hometown is in Tennessee is 'a ways away'."

Well, it would've been a mumble if I wasn't a tiger. It instead sounded like a low growl.

I then jokingly said, "I guess communication with humanoids will take a while... unless someone already became a Beastkin. Then it won't be farfetched at all."

I let myself smile a little before continuing Northeast towards London Kentucky... if the Storm didn't devastate it, which took a few hours before I found the almost drowned roads. I continued further to find ruins. Broken buildings, shattered glass floating around and the staple of a battlefield, corpses.

My stomach hated the sight so I went on my way. Or at least, I wanted to. I felt a tug on my back left leg's fur. I turned my head and saw a few children flinch at the sight. I realized one had elf ears and another had the distinct fangs of a vampire showing. Well, as much of a fang a baby vampire could have. There were four kids, the baby and the teen with elf ears. I saw the fear in their eyes and I remembered that level 3 gave me a significant increase in size. I leaned down to glance at the water, an amber and a green eye staring back at me before I looked at the nearest house.

Size estimate: 10 meters long (tail not included), 4 or 5 meters tall. I grimaced. I was nearing the hundreds and now I was so small. Well, at least most of the other giant species' heights wouldn't be that big right now. At most the giant that I knew would be around 27 or 30 meters. I sighed, having gotten off-track again. I moved to face the children and they backed up again. I laid on the drowned road and stared at the teen, waiting for them to get the message. They eventually got it and walked over, trying to get on my back. Their attempt was pitiful. 

I got tired at one point and used my tail to pick them up one by one. It was much faster and I could've sworn I saw the elf blush. Well, it's difficult to see in the rain and that could've been because they're cold. I mean, they're all wearing rags damnit. Orphans maybe? Either way, I just need to bring them to whatever building has the most people. Well, if they're orphans, they probably won't get the chance to join.

I proceeded to walk as I searched for a home for these little ones.

Hopefully.

11