Chapter 7 – Revelation and Swear
1.8k 8 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reinhard looked at Emilia and Subaru and said. “Well then, Lady Emilia, Subaru. We need to go right now. If you wanted to, I could invite Subaru as my guest in my residence.”

Subaru was about to accept Reinhard’s offer, but Emilia spoke first. “Thank you for your offer, Reinhard. But, I think I need to pay him back for helping him so I will invite him to Roswaal’s mansion.”

“Is that so? Then I will leave him to you.” Said Reinhard. He turned to look at Arturia and said. “Then, Lady Arturia. Allow me to escort you to my residence. There is something that I wanted to talk about with Milady.”

Arturia was still confused by why Reinhard suddenly called her Lady, but she took his offer nonetheless.

“Please escort me then, Sir Reinhard.” Said Arturia while smiling.

Reinhard nodded his head and they left the destroyed house together.

***

“This is a big mansion, are you perhaps a noble, Sir Reinhard?” Asked Arturia as she looked at the mansion in front of her.

Reinhard’s residence is really big, even Arturia never saw a mansion of this size in her homeworld. Not directly at least.

“Even if I’m a noble, I’m also a knight. Please don’t be too polite towards me, Lady Arturia. After all, you introduced yourself as the next King of Britain, are you not?”

“That’s… I can’t lie when introducing myself in a one-on-one battle. That will go against my code of chivalry.” Confessed Arturia.

Reinhard nodded his head and said. “I understand that. Please don’t worry about it. But, let’s go inside for now. I think I need to explain something to you. Something really concerning.”

Hearing the seriousness of Reinhard’s tone, Arturia nodded her head and followed Reinhard to go inside his mansion. They went to the living room and Reinhard asked Arturia to wait on the couch while he make tea for her.

Arturia tried to stop him, but he insisted on making a drink for her, and she could only nod in acceptance. There is nothing good with forcing people to stop when they were doing something of their own accord. Something needs to be stopped, but the act of kindness wasn’t included in that something.

Reinhard comes back to the living room while bringing two white cups filled with tea. He put one of them in front of Arturia and one of them in front of him.

“Please enjoy it.” Said Reinhard as he gestured Arturia to drink the tea.

“Then, thank you for the drink.”

Arturia took the handle of the cup and picked the teacup with refined movement that she never knew she had. She brought the cup close to her mouth and smelled it. She sipped the tea a little and smiled.

“This is a good tea.” Complimented Arturia towards Reinhard.

“Thank you.” Answered Reinhard as he sipped the tea in front of him.

At that time, Arturia remembered the gold coins that Reinhard gave her. She put the teacup back on the table and take the gold coins out of her pocket. She put the gold coins on the table and said.

“I believe I don’t need these coins if you allow me to stay in your residence for tonight, Sir Reinhard.” Arturia pushed the coins towards Reinhard.

“No need, Lady Arturia. I gave those coins to you. Please use it as you please.” Reinhard pushed back the coins towards Arturia which make her at a loss.

“But…” Arturia tried to reject it, but Reinhard interrupt her.

“No, Lady Arturia. Those coins were supposed to be for your daily need, such as clothes and the other necessary.” Said Reinhard with a smile.

“…Fine. I will take them, Sir Reinhard. Thank you very much.”

“You’re welcome. Now, may I ask something about your introduction earlier, Lady Arturia?” Asked Reinhard. He was still smiling, so Arturia also smiled and answered his question.

“It seems that my introduction confused you, Sir Reinhard. Let me re-introduce myself. My name is Arturia Lily Pendragon, often called Arturia Pendragon by the people who know me. In my country, there is a prophecy made by the great Magician, Merlin. The prophecy was ‘Whosoe'er pulleth out this sword of this stone is rightwise king of all England’. England in this prophecy is my country, Britain.” Explained Arturia.

“And that mysterious sword is?” Asked Reinhard with a curious tone as he eyed the sword on Arturia’s waist.

Arturia nodded her head and picked her sheathed sword. She raised the sword in front of her using both of her hands and said. “This is that sword. Caliburn, Golden Sword of the Victorious or also called as Golden Sword of Assured Victory.”

Reinhard was awed by the sword that was in Arturia’s hand. Even if the sword was in its sheath, Reinhard could feel strong mana from it. The sword in Arturia’s hand was by no mean inferior compared to his sword, The Dragon Sword Reid.

“That’s an amazing sword. Thank you for your explanation, Lady Arturia. Now, may I request something from you?” Asked Reinhard as he put on a serious expression.

Arturia rested her Caliburn on her said and answered Reinhard seriously.

“Please don’t be too polite. You’ve been helping me all this time. Please ask anything.”

Reinhard smiled a little and explained. “As you’ve known, this country currently has no king that governs it. There is a royal selection, which Lady Emilia earlier was one of the candidates to be the next king.”

Arturia nodded her head in understanding. She had been told about this earlier, so she understood most of it.

“Currently, there were 4 known candidates. The selection will start after we found the 5th candidate. And to my surprise, I found her today.” Said Reinhard as he looked at Arturia with a smile.

Arturia quickly catches the underlying meaning of his gesture and said in surprise. “You don’t mean?”

“Yes. The 5th candidate of the royal selection is you, Lady Arturia.”

Arturia wanted to scream right now. She was just a normal girl a few hours ago, and now after being transferred to the body of Arturia Lily, she is one of the royal candidates?

She could cope with the situation this far mostly because of the change in her mentality. For some reason, she was not afraid when fighting against the beast or Elsa. But she’s still in the process of getting used to this body. The proof of that is Arturia still couldn’t control her strength when she used her special move earlier.

“How?” Asked Arturia.

Reinhard, with a patient smile, continued. “The insignia that lady Emilia lost earlier is the sign of candidacy. If the dragon maiden touched the insignia, the gem on the middle of it will glow red. I saw the gem letting a red glow when you touched it, I found about your candidacy through that.”

Arturia was silent after Reinhard explained all of that. But, something inside Arturia tell and urged her to become the King. That something whispered to Arturia to join the royal selection because it’s her fate to become the king.

“I will join that selection, Sir Reinhard. But, please give me time to prepare for it.”

Reinhard has the biggest smile ever than what Arturia saw today and stood from the couch. He walked and kneeled on Arturia’s left and lowered his head. He took his sword and slammed it to the ground with its sheath and held it tightly with his right hand while his left hand was placed on his left knee.

“Please allow me to become your knight in that case. I promise that I will always protect you. I will make you King.”

Something big triggered inside Arturia’s mind. She instinctively grabbed her sword and unsheathed it. She put the blade of her sword on Reinhard’s left shoulder and asked.

“Do you swear on your life that you will protect me?” Asked Arturia with a tone befit that of a Princess.

“I swear!” Answered Reinhard swiftly.

“Do you swear on your honor as a knight that you will protect the innocent?”

“I swear!”

“And, Do you swear on your sword that you will defeat my enemy?”

“I swear!”

“Then on my name, Arturia Pendragon, I order you to swear the fealty and service to me.”

“Yes! Here, Reinhard van Astrea, I swear fealty and service to Arturia Pendragon. In living or dying from this hour henceforth until my Lady releases me or death take me.”

“And I, Arturia Pendragon, shall not forget it nor fail to reward that which is given.” Arturia raised her sword and put it on Reinhard’s right shoulder before sheathing it back.

“Raise your head, my Knight.” Asked Arturia.

Reinhard do what she say and raised his head.

“Stand up, my Knight.” Asked Arturia once again.

Reinhard followed her and stood up from Kneeling.

“I hope we can get along well.” Asked Arturia in a normal tone.

Reinhard smiled at her and said. “Of course, milady.”

*****

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon. Please consider to support me because I wanted to make this my full-time job!

Chapter 12 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

66