Chapter 11 – A Week Time
1.4k 3 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arturia was walking around the capital city guided by Felt. They are walking around and stopping in a few stalls to eat a snack on their way. Arturia was able to meet a new person, and she understand a little bit better about the city.

There is something that confused her when they were shopping in the stalls. Like the fruit that looked like Apple. It was called Appa by the stall owner, and she found out that almost all of the fruit was called differently from her homeworld.

She also found the value of gold coins after she bought a few fruits for herself and Felt. Two apples, or Appas that she brought cost her 4 copper. She paid with one of her gold coins, but the stall owner was a bit in a bind to give her the exchange, that’s why Felt paid for the Appas and told Arturia about the values of her coin.

They went back to Rom’s house after Felt guided Arturia through the entire city. After reaching Rom’s house, Arturia gave Felt 2 gold coins as she promised. Felt was happy getting gold coins from Arturia and she said that she will use it to fix old man Rom’s house.

Arturia smiled while watching her, but because the sun has almost set, she bid the two of them farewell and went back to Reinhard’s mansion.

When she reached the mansion, Reinhard was waiting for her in front of the entrance with a smile.

“Have you enjoyed your day, Milady?” asked Reinhard.

Arturia approached Reinhard with a smile and said. “Yes, I have fun in the city. How about you, Sir Reinhard? Was the Sage Council give you the insignia?”

Reinhard just smiled in response and pulled a black insignia, similar to Emilia’s, and handed it to Arturia. She took it in her hand and raised it.

She looked at the insignia and marveled at the red gem in the middle of it that let out a pale red glow. After being satisfied with looking at the insignia, Arturia put it in her pocket and looked at Reinhard.

“Can you tell me about your conversation with the Sage Council?” Asked Arturia.

“Of course, Milady. Should we head inside to talk about it?”

“Yes, let’s do it in the library. And…” As Arturia said that, her stomach grumbled. She just ate Appa for lunch, so she was starved right now. “Can you bring me some dinner?”

Reinhard chuckled a little while covering his mouth with his hand. “Yes, I will bring it to the library. Please wait for me there.”

***

After finishing the meal that Reinhard brought for her, Arturia sat on the chair in front of Reinhard and waited for his report.

“Well, Milady. Although they acknowledge your participation, there is a catch. Because 5 candidates were found, the Sage Council will gather those candidates in one place in a week. In other words, you must learn about our country in a week, which I think is enough time for you.” Said Reinhard as he smiled at Arturia.

“I see, in one week the candidates will be gathered to be introduced to the people of this kingdom? What do you know about the other candidates, Sir Reinhard. Is there any candidate which is not a human? Like blood from different races flows in their body.” Asked Arturia.

She saw Reinhard’s expression change a little, so she quickly added. “Ah, it’s not like I discriminate them or anything. I just wanted to know about the other candidates.”

“Before I answered your question, Milady. Could I ask why you asked that question? Having the blood of another race flow in their body usually made them Halfling, which is rare in this world.” Asked Reinhard seriously.

Arturia made a mistake. Now that Reinhard asked her, should she have answered him honestly? That the blood of dragon flow in her body and she has unawakened dragon heart that acted as her core.

After thinking for a while, Arturia decided to tell Reinhard. He’s her first knight, and he vowed to her. That’s why Arturia trusts Reinhard more than anyone in this world.

Hesitating a little, Arturia opened her mouth. “Because… I have a dragon heart. So, the blood of the dragon flows in my body through my heart. Is that made me a Halfling? Because I think not, I am a human.”

Reinhard was surprised, his eyes were widened and his mouth was opened. He tried to say something to Arturia but ultimately he could only say. “I see…”

Arturia understood his reaction, but she was not done yet.

“Not only that, because of my sword, Caliburn, I am immortal. I can’t age, my regeneration would be amplified. Not only that, low to medium ranked magic won’t work against me. I have magic resistance because of my dragon heart. So you could call me an immortal monster if you wanted to.” Explained Arturia.

Arturia tried to look at Reinhard’s reaction, but he surprisingly smiled at her.

“It must be hard. Shouldering the expectation from the other people to become the next king while carrying those burdens inside your mind. I, kind of know your feeling, Milady. I’m sorry but, I think I can’t tell you about my story yet. But, trust me, Milady. If there is anyone in this world who knows about your burden, then that person is me. Sword Saint title is not that glorious as people thought.” Said Reinhard with a wry smile.

“Sir Reinhard…” Muttered Arturia.

It was at that time, the king candidate and her knight began to open up to each other. There is one week time before the gathering, they need to prepare all thing by themselves, as there are no other people in their faction.

Even so, Arturia and Reinhard are strong. They are stronger than most people in the world. If Arturia unleashed all of her magic inside her, then no one except for a few could match her.

That was the extent of Arturia’s full potential. Reinhard, being the Sword Saint itself is one of the strongest existence in the world. That’s why they made a plan. The only possible way to win the election is doing what they are best of.

“It’s monster hunting, right? We also need to get a lot of followers for our camp. One who understood about magic and politics are preferred.” Said Arturia to Reinhard.

‘If only I have Merlin by my side, that would be better.’ Thought Arturia.

“The other candidates were also amassing their strength slowly. We have no resources like them. If we want the civilians to know the worth of our faction, I think I can make use of my specialty this time.”

“Oh? What a coincidence, I was thinking about something that we could use to gain the citizens’ approval.” Asked Arturia.

“Shall we say it together, Milady?” Asked Reinhard with a smile.

“I don’t mind, Sir Reinhard.” Answered Arturia.

Both of them were counting down with their hand and said at the same time.

“”Monster Hunting.””



There is advanced chapters on my Patréon. 

Chapter 16 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

61