Chapter 13 – To the Conference
1.4k 7 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a week since Arturia talked with Reinhard. Today was the day of the conference.

They had made a plan for this occasion. In this week, Arturia found out about something. She could make her armor appear with just a thought, like the Saber in the Holy Grail Wars. She has no real information about the other candidates other than Reinhard’s information, that’s why she will act as a knight and join the row of the knights for a formality.

That way she could also brought her sword with her. Arturia was a bit scared leaving her sword in someone else care, so she asked Reinhard’s cooperation for this.

Reinhard agreed with her idea and once again he went to the castle to ask for permission from the Sage Council. He said that Arturia wanted to look like a knight like she has always been, that’s why she wanted to go inside the party in Lugnica’s knight costume.

The Sage Council approved Reinhard’s request with no question asked. They knew about Arturia’s identity as a knight and as a rightful heir to Britain’s throne. Reinhard had told them with Arturia’s permission, that’s why they wanted to at least honor Arturia’s wishes.

The conference was located in the castle, and it will be held in the afternoon. Arturia had prepared herself, she was donned in a white shirt with a black stripe on the front side of the shirt and white pants. She also wore a white robe of Lucigna’s knight with a red accent on the shoulder area on top of her shirt.

She tied her hair the same way Saber does, making her look like an androgynous man.

Reinhard was also donned in a similar outfit, and they were sitting inside a dragon carriage. This carriage is the same as the usual carriage, but instead of a horse, the carriage was pulled by a ground dragon.

“The conference won’t be started until every candidate arrived, Milady. So, we will have time to see what the other candidates doing inside the hall before the conference officially started.” Said Reinhard.

“That’s a good idea, Sir Reinhard.” As Arturia said that, a big dragon carriage passed theirs.

The carriage that passed their carriage was extravagant. It has red color as a base with gold accessories. On top of the black roof sat a blue gem that was surrounded by gold rail. The dragon that pulled the carriage was also red.

Reinhard's gaze followed the carriage before turning back to Arturia.

“It seems one of the candidates had passed us.”

“In that carriage, Sir Reinhard?” Asked Arturia.

“Indeed, that was Lady Priscilla’s carriage. It seems we must abandon our previous plan. If that lady had arrived, then the conference would certainly have been started.”

Arturia was silent for a second before she remembered what Reinhard told about Priscilla. “I see, then should I change my clothes right now? I can do it instantly.”

“That would be better, Milady. I’m sorry that I must inconvenience you.” Said Reinhard.

“No problem, Sir Reinhard. It was my suggestion that made me wear this knight attire after all. So I don’t mind it.” Said Arturia to Reinhard.

She looked at Reinhard while gesturing with her eyes to look away, but Reinhard didn’t catch her signal. He only tilted his head a little, so Arturia said. “Umm, could you look away for a second? Even though I could change in less than a second, it is still embarrassing if you looked at me.”

“Ah, please forgive me.” Said Reinhard as he looked away from Arturia.

Arturia’s body glowed a second and then her clothes have changed into the usual white dress, complete with the armor and gauntlet.

“I am ready, Sir Reinhard.” Said Arturia.

Reinhard turned to Arturia for a second before turning to look at the carriage’s door. “It seems that we have arrived too.”

He stood up and opened the door. Arturia also followed him exiting the carriage. Reinhard who had exited the carriage first helped Arturia to come down from it.

“Shall we go, Milady?” Asked Reinhard as he bowed his head and spread his right arm in the direction of the castle.

“Take care of me, my knight.” Answered Arturia.

She has changed her way to speak to fit those of a ruler. She imitated Saber from Fate, as she knew that Saber was the closest one that she could imitate right now. Although she has Arturia’s body and skill, she is still a bit lacking in charisma. That’s why she has learned how to talk like a ruler in the past week.

“Certainly, Milady.” Answered Reinhard as he walked behind Arturia.

***

Inside the hall was filled with a lot of knights and the Sage Council has taken their seat. 4 candidates were lined up in front of the Sage Council, only left Arturia who hasn’t arrived yet.

For some reason, Reinhard has joined the row of the knights while Arturia was still nowhere to be seen. No, Arturia was standing right beside Reinhard silently.

As they entered the hall a few minutes before the Sage Council, they saw an opportunity for Arturia to sneak in the row of the knights. Although she didn’t wear Lucigna’s knight attire right now, no one questioned her standing because she entered the hall with Reinhard.

The Sage Council was looking at Arturia’s direction, but they have been informed by Reinhard a few days ago.

The last to arrive was not Arturia and Reinhard as they guessed, instead it’s a young man named Subaru that Arturia met a week ago and a strange one-handed man wearing a steel helmet.

When Subaru lined up in the line of the knights, Reinhard turned his head and said. “As expected you are here too, Subaru.”

“Oh, Reinhard! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” Said Subaru.

Arturia heard what Reinhard said and the new voice turned towards them. “Oh, the young man from a week ago.”

“Oh! The girl from before! Thank you for saving me at that time!”

“No problem, it was my duty. Now, it seems that the main event is about to start.” Said Arturia as she turned to a guy wearing steel armor beside the candidates.

Subaru also shut his mouth and looked at the man who wore steel armor beside the candidates.

“Now, if I may be so forward. I, Marcos the leader of Imperial Knights will direct today’s conference.”



There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 18 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

57