Chapter 18 – Aftermath and Future Action
1.3k 2 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arturia and Reinhard were in the lobby of the arena. Arturia sat on the seat while Reinhard stood in front of her while holding a cup of water. He gave Arturia the cup of water and Arturia took it in her hand.

“Good job on the duel, Milady.”

“Thank you, Sir Reinhard.”

Arturia drank the water inside the cup before she put the empty cup on the seat beside her. She looked up at Reinhard and asked,

“What will we do after this? I believe that we need to make our move now, Sir Reinhard. Can you tell me about the monster that you talked about a week ago?”

“Sure, Milady. How about we talked about it while walking around the city? Or should we go back to the mansion?” Asked Reinhard as he made a gesture with his right hand.

“Let’s walk around the city, Sir Reinhard. I wanted to look around a little bit more.” Arturia said as she stood up from her seat.

***

Arturia and Reinhard were walking on the street of Lugnica. Unlike the conference earlier, right now Reinhard was just walking one step behind Arturia on her right.

Arturia asked him to walk by her side, but Reinhard refused her saying that he better walk behind her to protect her back. As they walked, Arturia asked Reinhard.

“That Julius, he asked a duel to me because he wanted to be the bad guy, right?”

Her question surprised Reinhard. He knew about Julius and he also knew why he asked Arturia for a duel. He smiled and answered.

“So you realized it, Milady. Most of the nobles accused you to be a pretend knight, but the Knights had realized that you are indeed a fine Knight from your behavior in that conference. Julius understood that, and he was not called the Finest Knight for nothing.”

Arturia had realized it because of her instinct and the behavior of Julius. If Julius truly doubted Arturia’s ability as a Knight, he would ask the duel to be conducted using a wooden sword. In another word, their bout earlier would just end as a spar, not as a formal duel.

Not only that, Arturia felt Julius surrendered easily. In that position, if Julius just raised his sword slightly, it will end with her jumped back to made some distance. It was because Julius’s sword was positioned near her torso, so Arturia was a bit surprised he didn’t raise his sword.

“I had realized it since the beginning. The nobles, they are the same even if they are from different places. I knew from the beginning that the nobles would doubt me and my origins, that was why I made that speech and my dragon blood and the fact that I will not grow any older.”

“I also believed that was enough for your speech, Milady. The next thing we need to do is to prove your strength, which was already achieved by defeating Julius in a duel. So we just need to gain the recognition from the citizens.” Said Reinhard.

Arturia also agreed with Reinhard’s reasoning, that was why she asked about the monster that Reinhard talked about. Was there any strong monster still roaming in this world? She would certainly gained recognition by slaying the dangerous beast or monster that endanger humans.

But, Arturia still didn’t know about the power of those monsters. If the monsters that Reinhard talked about were just like the strange dogs that she met when she just arrived in this world, then it will be easy.

Truthfully, she had nothing to do except for testing her ability now. How much strength can she exert in this world, what happened if she put a lot of mana into her Caliburn? More importantly, could she use the magic system of this world?

Arturia stopped in her track when she realized it. How could she forget about it? She turned to Reinhard and smiled.

“Sir Reinhard, could I bother you with something?”

Reinhard who stopped in his track looked at Arturia with a curious expression. He was wondering what his Lady wanted this time. But, he eventually bowed his head as he put his hand on his chest and said.

“Please ask anything, Milady.”

Satisfied with Reinhard’s answer, Arturia nodded her head and said.

“Could you teach me magic, I wonder? I am interested in magic and wanted to know if I can use the magic in this place.”

Reinhard raised his head with a surprised expression. He never expected that Arturia would asked to be taught magic. He thought that Arturia wanted to eat something because she was starved after the duel. He knew that his Lady had a big appetite.

But, Reinhard quickly composed himself and answered her.

“For using magic, we must know about your affinity with one first. Although I knew how to find about your affinity, I am afraid that I am not the person for the job, Milady.”

Arturia was a bit disappointed when she heard that. Reinhard noticed the change in Arturia’s expression and he continued.

“…but. If you are patient with it, maybe I could ask Julius to help you find your affinity. Julius is a spirit Knight, he knew magic more than me.”

Arturia’s expression instantly brightened at Reinhard’s word. She would certainly like to meet with Julius and have a talk with him. Their first encounter was a bit awkward, but a Knight like Julius must’ve understood her situation.

But Arturia decided to postpone that matter though. Because right now she had something more important than knowing her affinity with magic.

“That would be great, but right now I wanted to know about the monster that had a big potential to endanger this country, Sir Reinhard. I almost forgot about our original goal as we were walking, so I need to focus on one thing right now.”

Reinhard was also agreed with her and he nodded his head. He looked at Arturia with a serious face and said.

“Let’s talk about the monster in my mansion, Milady. Some people here had lost their loved one because of that monster, so I would like to refrain from talking about such monster in public.”

Arturia nodded her head in understanding and said, “Let’s go then.”

*****

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 23 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patréon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

51