Chapter 20 – Broken Young Man
1.2k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Reinhard explained everything to Arturia, he left because he had a patrol. Arturia allowed him to leave and she herself wanted to visit the girl Felt and the old man Rom too.

Rom looked like a veteran in a fight, and he lived in a slum. If Arturia wanted to get herself an ally, a mercenary to hire, then Rom would definitely know something.

That was why Arturia dressed in Knight clothes that Reinhard gave her for the conference and head out of the mansion. She was allowed to wear Lugnica’s Knight clothes by the Sage Council as well as the whole Knights of Lugnica after she defeated Julius in the duel.

Arturia didn’t wear her usual battle dress because it was unnecessary and brought a lot of attention to herself. That dress also served as her formal wear since she had no other dress other than that one. She could buy a dress or two, but she preferred the Knight uniform over a dress.

Reinhard gave her 5 Sacred Coins this time for her funds. Arturia also thought of getting herself a mount. From what she knew, the Ground Dragon was a proud creature. They were different from a horse and they certainly ran faster than a horse. Not only that, they had divine protection too.

At first, Arturia wanted a white horse. But after hearing what Reinhard had said, she changed her mind and decided to get herself a Ground Dragon too.

When she walked around the town, Arturia noticed a board that attracted the crowd. Arturia was curious about it and decided to approach it. But, when she was approaching the board, the crowd began whispering to each other and made ways for her. She thought that it was strange, but she immediately understood when she saw the board.

On the board were the poster and the announcement about the royal selection. The announcement was posted alongside the face of the candidates and Arturia’s face was clearly drawn in detail.

“Hey, isn’t that one of the candidates for royal selection?” Whispered the crowd.

“She was wearing a Knight attire, so the rumor about her being a knight is true?”

“Then that means she’s strong right? We could depend on her for our future.”

“Not only that, it seems the Knight that vowed to her is Reinhard. It seems that she will get backing from the Knight squad too.”

All kinds of whispers were thrown here and there as they talked about Arturia. She had prepared for the information about the royal selection and her identity would be spread to the masses, but she never expected it to be this fast.

Arturia was satisfied with what she saw, and she was about to leave and went to Rom’s house. But, when she was about to leave, she saw a young man that she knew in the crowd with a rather bad expression on his face.

Arturia approached the young man and asked.

“Subaru? Are you okay?”

The young man, Subaru, looked at Arturia with his eyes widened in surprise, or rather realization, and muttered.

“I… I almost forgot about it. Wasn’t she strong? She could help right?”

Subaru suddenly lowered his head and shouted, “Please! Help me with saving Emilia!”

His shout attracted the crowd’s attention and made Arturia surprised. She looked around and saw the people that gathered around the board were looking at them with interest. This is rather bad for Arturia. She was seen by the crowd with a young man bowed at her.

Arturia understood the severity of rumors that were created from misunderstanding. That was why Arturia quickly said.

“Please raise your head, Subaru. Let’s talk in a different place.” She made sure that the crowd heard her saying the name of the boy, to show that they knew each other.

Subaru raised his head and faced Arturia with a smile on his face. But Arturia realized something. Subaru was suffering. From the instinct that she gained after being transported to this world, she knew that something was wrong with Subaru who stood in front of her.

Not only that, there was a nasty aura surrounding Subaru. She felt rather disturbed, no, disgusted with the aura that surrounded Subaru.

After getting a nod of understanding from Subaru, Arturia walked to the slum area. The only place that she knew was Reinhard’s mansion and Rom’s house. Without Reinhard in the mansion, she couldn’t carelessly invite Subaru over. So the only choice left was Rom’s house.

When they arrived in front of Rom’s house, Subaru was getting agitated. Arturia didn’t understand what happened with Subaru. The boy was strange, he was agitated over nothing. She knew that he had a bad memory in this house, mainly because of Elsa, but he showed an intense reaction.

Arturia decided to ignore Subaru’s behavior and knocked on the door. After a few seconds, Rom’s voice came from beyond the door.

“Who is it?”

“It’s Arturia, Rom. I wanted to borrow the place for a bit, do you mind?”

When Arturia said that, the door was opened immediately and Rom greeted Arturia with a smile on his face.

“Oh, young miss! What do we have here, how can you hide the fact that you were one of the royal candidates? Hahahaha.”

“Old man Rom! Who are there?” A young girl's voice came from inside the house and after a while, Felt appeared from behind Rom while holding a wooden cup in her hand.

When she saw Arturia, she immediately smiled and said, “Oh! What bring you here, Nee-chan?!”

“I wanted to borrow the place for a while, Felt. I brought someone else that was … in trouble.”

Felt looked behind Arturia after she heard what she said. And, when she saw Subaru she said, “Oh, Nii-chan. You were in trouble?”

Subaru tried his best to give Felt a smile. But, growing up in the slum, Felt knew how to differentiate between an honest smile and a fake one. That was why Felt looked at Arturia and said.

“Feel free to use the place, Nee-chan! It seems Nii-chan was in big trouble.”

“Thank you, let’s enter the house, Subaru.”

Arturia entered the house and sat on one of the chairs.

“A-ah.” Answered Subaru as he followed Arturia and sat on the chair in front of her.

After he sat in front of her, Arturia put on a serious face, “So, tell me about it.”

There is advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Chapter 25 was uploaded on my Patréon!!

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

48